352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject42 View Post
Some aerobatics FPV style

http://vimeo.com/45380997
Geez!!! At the 8:00 mark you got down to 1 ft alt!!! That's how fighter pilots mow the yard!!
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:06 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,325 Posts
Well on one of his vid posts I saw a negative (below 0) reading... Is that a Grave Digger then? How acurate are these?
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:17 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cañada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,709 Posts
Need some help here. Installed a P-25 870kv and Eflite Pro 60 Esc. I can't get it to balance without putting the Esc in back of the battery which makes taking out the battery a major hassle.What are some suggestions? I thought of moving the Esc to the side, but I will have to cut foam. Just want to know what everyone else is doing?
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:10 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Maybe you can had some led afterwards, with the .25 motor, power isn't your problem.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:18 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,709 Posts
True power won't be a problem, but I can solve it by moving the ESC. Just looking for an ingenious method that has been done before. No sense reinventing the wheel. Lots of people using P-25 on 4S so what was their solution. Search thread has failed me again. Must have tried ten different key words.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I have a Power 25 but it is the higher KV motor, 1125kv? So I only run on 3S with little to no CG issues.

I love flying this plane! Flew it during two short flyuing sessions and it was just awesome! It really scoots with the P25 even on 3S! Not sure of top speed but it is quick! Did several successful landings and that is always a plus.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:25 PM
CEL abuser
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2010
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Well on one of his vid posts I saw a negative (below 0) reading... Is that a Grave Digger then? How acurate are these?
Yeah that alti is barometric, so if the pressure changes while you're flying it could affect things. Also it gets set to zero at the ground height that you initialize it so if there is an elevation difference from there to where you are flying, this also effects its accuracy.

Really the old eyeballs are the best method to gauge. I really just rely on it for setting up final for landings (as good or bad as they are) and for knowing 100'+ altitudes.

Eagle Tree says the v4 meter has an accurate 1 foot resolution though, an improvement from the 3 foot (1 meter) accuracy in the v3 sensor.
pr0ject42 is offline Find More Posts by pr0ject42
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:29 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,325 Posts
Still love the side view with wing in the frame.. !! I know this is a P47 thread but might you have a Hellcat at all to do that with?
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:34 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Need some help here. Installed a P-25 870kv and Eflite Pro 60 Esc. I can't get it to balance without putting the Esc in back of the battery which makes taking out the battery a major hassle.What are some suggestions? I thought of moving the Esc to the side, but I will have to cut foam. Just want to know what everyone else is doing?

Must be a very heavy motor.... I have the 480 plus and 4s 2200 battery shoved all the way in with an Eflite 60 above it... do you have eflite retracts? I know pulling the battery back is limited as it will move up and back.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:57 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,709 Posts
Everyone must be flying really nose heavy with P-25s and big batteries. I put mine on the CG stand with everything in the stock location and it wouldn't even stay on the stand. By the looks of it I would have to put the Eflite 60 Esc where the receiver would normally go and then put the receiver behind the elevator servo. Then it balances. I have thought about moving the elevator servo from its stock location further aft to make room for the receiver. It would be tight, but nothing like some of the sailplanes I have worked on.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:08 AM
CEL abuser
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2010
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Everyone must be flying really nose heavy with P-25s and big batteries. I put mine on the CG stand with everything in the stock location and it wouldn't even stay on the stand. By the looks of it I would have to put the Eflite 60 Esc where the receiver would normally go and then put the receiver behind the elevator servo. Then it balances. I have thought about moving the elevator servo from its stock location further aft to make room for the receiver. It would be tight, but nothing like some of the sailplanes I have worked on.
D
If you throw a bunch of fpv gear in there it helps center up that cg

I don't have a hellcat. Search on YouTube or vimeo, I'm sure someone has done it. I've got videos of my t-28, spitfire, corsair and the jug. The next couple of ponies in the barn are a souped up midget mustang and an e-flite at-6.
pr0ject42 is offline Find More Posts by pr0ject42
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,385 Posts
How about showing your selection and installation of your FPV gear on your blog? Looks good.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:23 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
i like the nose weight most people just slide the battery back a bit
Pappa,
How much up elevator trim do your birds carry?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:31 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,742 Posts
maybe 1 or 2 clicks
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,709 Posts
That's it!! I would have expected a lot more. So I should just put everything(esc receiver) in the stock location and move the battery back a tad? I was ready to do some surgery.