SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raehm View Post
Scootr, your 4s vs. 3s comments are appreciated, but I'm curious if you changed to higher amp esc's when you moved to a 4s?

Check my post #11958 above. I was curious about the stock eflite ESC. 30a 3-4s printed right on it, It did work well on 4s and I never had a lick of trouble from it through 30+ flights. I replaced it because mathematically I was over drawing it's limits.
The plane had survived a catastrophic motor separation in flight. I simply threw what I had in her motor and prop wise.
It has worked out with some very nice scale or acrobatic flights of 5 minutes on 2200mah you could run a bigger battery, but that's what I have. Hope this helps

I have converted 3 out of my 5 PZ warbirds to a 4s upgrade with bigger ESC and motors. They are great fun to fly - Zoooming around. My two 3s planes (T28 w/ 480-1320kv and F4 w/ power 10) sort of put me to sleep now, lol
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Last edited by scootrb4; Jun 24, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
when we fly formation mine is the one weaving and bobbing can't fly straight and level lol
Becarefull if you hit full throtle your sonicboom wave can bring to a crash the other ones.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:59 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
How do you tell them apart when flying?
Personally I focus on my plane and the airspace in front of it. To borrow a line from the movie Gumball Rally, "What is behind me does not matter".
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:03 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325FGP View Post
Here are the pics I took of the flight of P-47s at NEFI. The pilots were myself, split_s, John Johnson and Mike Baker. I didn't get any pics of us in flight but I'll keep my eyes open on the NEFI thread. Perhaps someone else will post something.
You guys waited till I left didn't you. I could have been the 5th, dangit!!!
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:30 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
You guys waited till I left didn't you. I could have been the 5th, dangit!!!
yeah.. too bad you had to abort the mission and head back to the base. maybe next year will be better
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,436 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics of those jugs flying in formation!
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: kev's new fms fw-190
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:35 PM
CEL abuser
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2010
392 Posts
Well another installment in my odyssey of FPVing this plane. More "landings" - and I use that term liberally.

Landing the Jug Episode 2: Eagle Tree installed (5 min 0 sec)
pr0ject42 is offline Find More Posts by pr0ject42
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,609 Posts
there fine
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Nov 2011
340 Posts
Signal lost today ... Scary

Was flying my parkzone p47 using a spektrum dx6i and an ar600 receiver. Last week on the last flight i lost signal twice, bit got it back and landed. Checked all components and all seemed ok along with antenna placement. Today was out again. Battery on board was fully charged, along with transmitter batteries. Was out less than a quarter mile and it happened again, this time no regaining anything. Thank goodness i was ovee a farm field, the plane was at a normal attitude, the gear was up, and it was well trimmed. It bellied in with just a broken cowl. A cheap fix. When i examined the plane, i had a ed led blinking showing loss of signal. I range checked prior to flight and all was fine at 30 paces as per spektrum manual. How can it lose signal like that? I had my wildcat and radian out at the same distance and further with the same style receiver (ar600) without issue. What would cause a loss? After getting the palne back from the crash site i again range checked it. This time i hade a good signal at 75 paces! What gives? thought 2.4ghz wasnt affected by cell towers and stuff. I might be wrong on that one. There is a tower close by where i fly. Now i am scared to take it up again for fear of losing it completely. Anybody else experience similar issues? Could this receiver be bad? Its been fine for the last 10 outings. Do they go bad? I might have to send my radio and receiver in to spektrum and have them check it out.
Rangie5169 is offline Find More Posts by Rangie5169
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:13 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,609 Posts
did you have a separate ubec or just what comes with the esc sometimes power drops and it happens

ok time to give a happy plug for battery's, dam i love these things, don't know about any fancy testing stuff, just know the way my bird fly's. 93 amps 1350 watts WOT 100+ degree day. this one battery here http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...roducts_id=118
rock solid. ok done with my plug.
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:12 AM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
USA, IN, Auburn
Joined Jun 2010
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Glad you like it Dave, nice meeting you today.
It was great to meet you too, Ryan. Thanks for sharing all your warbird knowledge. I've installed the flaps in the P-47 -- just waiting for the retracts.
split_s is online now Find More Posts by split_s
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:14 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangie5169 View Post
Was flying my parkzone p47 using a spektrum dx6i and an ar600 receiver. Last week on the last flight i lost signal twice, bit got it back and landed. Checked all components and all seemed ok along with antenna placement. Today was out again. Battery on board was fully charged, along with transmitter batteries. Was out less than a quarter mile and it happened again, this time no regaining anything. Thank goodness i was ovee a farm field, the plane was at a normal attitude, the gear was up, and it was well trimmed. It bellied in with just a broken cowl. A cheap fix. When i examined the plane, i had a ed led blinking showing loss of signal. I range checked prior to flight and all was fine at 30 paces as per spektrum manual. How can it lose signal like that? I had my wildcat and radian out at the same distance and further with the same style receiver (ar600) without issue. What would cause a loss? After getting the palne back from the crash site i again range checked it. This time i hade a good signal at 75 paces! What gives? thought 2.4ghz wasnt affected by cell towers and stuff. I might be wrong on that one. There is a tower close by where i fly. Now i am scared to take it up again for fear of losing it completely. Anybody else experience similar issues? Could this receiver be bad? Its been fine for the last 10 outings. Do they go bad? I might have to send my radio and receiver in to spektrum and have them check it out.

Out a 1/4 mile is where I had all my Spektrum woes. I did two things to remedy the situation, one I switched to receivers with satellites. Like AR6200 and 2nd I stop flying so far out. Either one of those things may have fixed MY problem but doing both for sure did.
I had a camera on my Super Cub when it happened once at level flight you could hear the motor turn off Anyway I hope this helps.

P47 ROCKS!
Flies like it is on rails.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,552 Posts
The only plane I've ever had a problem with (so far) in regards to radio losing signal has been my Super Cub using an Orange RX. I swapped the RX out for another one, thinking the one in the plane was bad. I took it up and had the same signal loss at around the same distance. I fly lots of Orange RX's in other planes, and none of the others have had the problem. Now, I just don't fly it out as far, or up as high. My Spektrum branded receivers have all been top-notch with no problems.
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mustang's Name and Artwork
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:29 PM
Dark lord of the Sith
Joined Feb 2011
226 Posts
Parkzone Thunderbolt flight camera (5 min 44 sec)

Hi guys just thought i would share my link to one of my flights in my Thunderbol today.Had the cam mounted on top of the canopy.
biggles2 is offline Find More Posts by biggles2
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Hey guys how you compare the stock 15 size with a eflite p10. I got one by gift from a friend. He use it in his wildcat and crashed the first day he try it. Also he give me 4 servos from the wildcat.

Any airframe to mount this gear that you suggest.

If i swap my stock 15 size im not looking for more power just that i got it and is a more reliable that stock 15.

What would you do? New airframe or swap stock motor from my p47. Or maybe use it on my trojan
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX