Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:34 PM
netherlands
Joined Mar 2010
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
Ditto on the pics Patrick--most Excellent! Where did you get your servo arm covers?

JT
thx
i got the servo covers from HK and cut them down with a dremel
they are out of stock of course

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6998
patrick39 is offline Find More Posts by patrick39
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:47 PM
London, UK
Joined Mar 2010
249 Posts
im current running a stock parkzone T28D.
thinking about the p47, will this be any better performance wise.
(im trying to find a good reason to buy one, apart from the reason that it has retracts)
vygec is offline Find More Posts by vygec
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:41 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,660 Posts
I flies as well as the T28, I fact I find it better, much smoother, like a warbird should be. On the stock set-up I think it might have a little more power than the T28 (from what i remember, I sold mine last year). Plus it looks far nicer that the T28 IMO, so there is reason enough It also depends where you are flying it. For the true warbird flying experience, you really need a big open area/rc club for those low and long strafing runs But really I wouldn't fly this or any model of this size in ANY public park.

Buy it, sell your T28 to fund the purchase even, you won't be disappointed.

S.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Last edited by stuart warne; Apr 14, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Dec 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L View Post
To all the flyers who are using the Eflite retracts: is anyone flying from a grass field? If so, do the Eflite retracts stand up to the punishment of landing on grass?

A few years back I tried every retract I could find, but none would stand up to the punishment of a grass field. I don't want to spend a good deal of money on the Eflite retracts only to find out that they don't stand up to the punishment either.
i fly everytime with this p47 and i am landing on grass.
No problems.

check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wdXCQJt18

i've done this flight two days ago, in rome.

regarding lipo battery,
which kind of lipo do you use?
i use 3000 mAh 35 C 11.1 volt or 2800 mAh 30 C 11.1 volt
sozi81_ita is offline Find More Posts by sozi81_ita
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:19 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
If my receiver locks out/blacks out/whatever due to the stock BEC being overloaded, I should have a blinking light on my receiver, correct? Just wondering, because there were a couple instances flying today where I thought maybe it happened, but I had a solid light after landing.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:30 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sozi81_ita View Post
i fly everytime with this p47 and i am landing on grass.
No problems.

check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wdXCQJt18

i've done this flight two days ago, in rome.

regarding lipo battery,
which kind of lipo do you use?
i use 3000 mAh 35 C 11.1 volt or 2800 mAh 30 C 11.1 volt
Very nice video! Nice job of flying and landing as well. Were you using one of those KeyChain cameras? And where exactly did you have it mounted? Did you use Velcro only or some sort of mount. Thanks.

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:20 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Feb 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
If my receiver locks out/blacks out/whatever due to the stock BEC being overloaded, I should have a blinking light on my receiver, correct? Just wondering, because there were a couple instances flying today where I thought maybe it happened, but I had a solid light after landing.
yes it should be blinking if the receiver browns out. im running retracts flaps and everthing else and would not trust it to the stock bec. i have a cc bec for it, its not required but at $25 its cheap innsurance.
paintballer987 is offline Find More Posts by paintballer987
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:23 AM
Joined Nov 2009
978 Posts
everyone thinks the stock bec is not good enough - but it is - i dont think your going to lower your flaps and gear while move all other control surfaces at the same time to overload it - if so im sure when the plane was developed they would have thought of it
SMCLEODVT is offline Find More Posts by SMCLEODVT
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:59 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCLEODVT View Post
everyone thinks the stock bec is not good enough - but it is - i dont think your going to lower your flaps and gear while move all other control surfaces at the same time to overload it - if so im sure when the plane was developed they would have thought of it
+1. As long as you leave everything else stock, motor,esc, and use the recommended servos the stock esc works just fine. I had a few flights on mine stock with no problems. It's when you start swapping props that you need to start to worry about the stock esc.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
I just had the maiden. I used the Power25 1250kv/60amp on a 3s 2200 40c with a 10x7prop and even with that setup it's got unlimited vertical, was faster than my Power10 Wildcat, and still will fly at a crawl. Next up will be 4s with a 8x8.....it should haul.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:21 AM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCLEODVT View Post
The stock BEC is rated at 700 Mah (.7 amps). My Watts Up meter indicated a peak amp draw of 2.27 amps while cycling the retracts and servos. The meter provides me with enough empirical data that I don't think the stock BEC is not good enough, I know for a fact the stock BEC is underrated.

Since I've decided that I actually like this POS styro plane, I am not willing to chance a crash when a 3 amp Switching UBEC costs less than $10.00.

Regards,

Anthony
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
Last edited by ALL American; Apr 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
London, UK
Joined Mar 2010
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
I flies as well as the T28, I fact I find it better, much smoother, like a warbird should be. On the stock set-up I think it might have a little more power than the T28 (from what i remember, I sold mine last year). Plus it looks far nicer that the T28 IMO, so there is reason enough It also depends where you are flying it. For the true warbird flying experience, you really need a big open area/rc club for those low and long strafing runs But really I wouldn't fly this or any model of this size in ANY public park.

Buy it, sell your T28 to fund the purchase even, you won't be disappointed.

S.
thanks, the grass isnt as short as it could be in my local field. is hand launching easy to do with this bird?
im finding it hard to choose between this or possibly the p51 for its performance
vygec is offline Find More Posts by vygec
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:52 PM
USA, PA, Harleysville
Joined Aug 2010
107 Posts
Just got my p-47!
i got as a gift w/o servos for flaps. how effective is the flap setup. ill be landing on grass and dont want to belly land. So im thinking ill wait for the flaps to help me land w/o tearing off my fixed landing gear. My friend does it with his messer. he noses over 80% of the time, but i think i can do it better Is it significant in how much it slows down the plane to help reduce nosing over or busting up the gear on rougher grass?
ecszone is offline Find More Posts by ecszone
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:02 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecszone View Post
Just got my p-47!
i got as a gift w/o servos for flaps. how effective is the flap setup. ill be landing on grass and dont want to belly land. So im thinking ill wait for the flaps to help me land w/o tearing off my fixed landing gear. My friend does it with his messer. he noses over 80% of the time, but i think i can do it better Is it significant in how much it slows down the plane to help reduce nosing over or busting up the gear on rougher grass?
I think the flaps will help significantly, and I've not noticed a significant "balloning up" of the plane when they're applied (some folks on here have). I think it's still going to be a challenge for you to avoid nose-overs if you're landing on taller grass, if that's what you mean by "rougher." I'm landing on "rougher" grass in the sense of it being well-worn soccer and baseball fields, where the grass isn't great but not too terribly long, with patches of packed dirt, and I've not suffered many nose-overs. Great plane--you'll enjoy it!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:04 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vygec View Post
thanks, the grass isnt as short as it could be in my local field. is hand launching easy to do with this bird?
im finding it hard to choose between this or possibly the p51 for its performance
I've not hand-launched my P-47, but had little problem hand-launching the 109, which has a reputation for being harder because of torque roll. Some right rudder and a firm toss and it was fine; I think the P-47 would hand-launch fine given how steady it flies.
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee