HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:19 PM
Joined Jul 2009
50 Posts
Wagging wings part 2

E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
It's possible both flaps aren't going down the exact same amount.
Edge767,

The problem occurs during normal flight not landing, and I have measured both flaps when down and they both move the exact same amount.
jpdjr is offline Find More Posts by jpdjr
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:25 PM
Camp Verde,AZ
Joined Jan 2007
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
How are you getting away with a 10x8 on 4 cells when the website says that a 10x7 pulls too many amps for this motor? I am still contemplating what prop to put on mine
It doesn't pull that many AMPs on my amp meter. It might have something to do with the Altitude I am at and the low humidity. It would probably pull more at Sea Level and high humidity. Just to be safe, I would put it on a amp meter and see how much it draws.

Terry
krazyman is offline Find More Posts by krazyman
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:51 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,166 Posts
Terry - every time I show up and get out a pack of crackers all the guy's swear they can hear Tucker and Ratchet barking while I eat them!! LOL!!

Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:02 PM
Joined Jul 2009
50 Posts
Works fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Has anyone used double sided tape to install the flap servos? The manual says it can be used but that seems a little risky to me. Plus the thickness of the tape might make the servo stick out?
I have my flaps installed that way and they are fine. No slipping or twisting when actuating. Just be sure to use a good double-sided tape.
jpdjr is offline Find More Posts by jpdjr
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:14 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,166 Posts
OKAY - Any of you guys that have been waiting for HobbyKing to get those Turnigy G25-870's in stock - I ordered mine today because they WERE IN STOCK!!

Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:17 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
Excellent! I truly appreciate it. Hopefully it won't cost much to ship via postal service. This is fantastic. Thank you.

Can the stock motor take a 10X10 prop reliably, or will it burn out quickly? I'm looking for a motor that I can absolutely beat on almost full throttle most of the flight with obvious low throttle uses rarely for slow passes, inverted flying, etc but most flying will be high throttle. The good thing is that I have a 40A ESC already for it .
The 10x10 on 3s draws right around 30 amp WOT +/- a couple amps depending on battery and alt. The 40amp esc just gives extra room for all the servos and retracts. I have a power 25 and 60 amp on hand for when I get my hands on on of the 4 blade Hobby Lobby props.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:23 PM
Ack!
Maryland
Joined Feb 2011
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
Just bought the P-47 and can't wait to fly it. I have a couple of questions: I'm going to install retracts and flaps, from what I've read the pre-bent struts are NOT the way to go? That they can come loose? AND by installing the retracts and flaps I should also upgrade the BEC to a 5A?

Thanks,
Chuck
I can't advise you on the BEC (I'm using the stock ESC with retracts and flaps), but I'd recommend the stock E-Flight retract struts over the pre-bents. My pre-bents never came loose but their "axle" portions were never correct from the factory and I could never bend the things to get "toe-in" just right, whereas the stock struts were easy to adjust. Just take care when measuring the strut length before cutting, be sure to grind some flat areas for the axle screws, and use threadlock.

- Dan
md1963 is offline Find More Posts by md1963
Last edited by md1963; Apr 02, 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: wrong term used
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:25 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
4,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
The 10x10 on 3s draws right around 30 amp WOT +/- a couple amps depending on battery and alt. The 40amp esc just gives extra room for all the servos and retracts. I have a power 25 and 60 amp on hand for when I get my hands on on of the 4 blade Hobby Lobby props.
That's great to know. Thanks! I'm going to have to try it when I get the plane. Thanks again.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:57 AM
Watch my trickeration! Oops...
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Dec 2010
248 Posts
Has anyone tried the BF-109 prop yet? I have seen some discussion on this before the plane was released, but has anyone actually done it?
Mustangman50 is offline Find More Posts by Mustangman50
Old Apr 01, 2011, 08:50 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman50 View Post
Has anyone tried the BF-109 prop yet? I have seen some discussion on this before the plane was released, but has anyone actually done it?
I did see a post from someone in one of the P-47 threads that tried it. Said it worked great, and flew pretty fast, but I don't think he posted any amp draw.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Apr 01, 2011, 08:59 AM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdjr View Post
E

Edge767,

The problem occurs during normal flight not landing, and I have measured both flaps when down and they both move the exact same amount.
Did you check to make sure ailerons are both flush when straight and that the rudder is also straight? Also check to make sure the vertical stabilizer is straight and not warped. Finally, check the wing to see if you can see any warping in it, too. These can all cause the plane to fly crooked. The wheel well drag shouldn't be more on one side than the other.
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:19 AM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Do you guys think using hot glue to install the rx could have screwed with the circuits and damaged it?
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:25 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
4,642 Posts
I've always used velcro for my receivers and have never had a problem.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Apr 01, 2011, 10:07 AM
Super-duper Airplane flooper
USA, OH, Toronto
Joined Oct 2009
54 Posts
I hot glue the rx's in all my foamies. i have never had an issue.
TFOA is offline Find More Posts by TFOA
Old Apr 01, 2011, 10:24 AM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86 View Post
You should be ok with a 3A BEC if you are only using the retracts, if you plan to upgrade to flaps most people here have recommended using at least a 5A BEC. Hope this helps out.

I installed the following 3 Amp switching BEC from HeadsUpRC

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...iversal/Detail

I am using power hungry HXT 900 servos for my flaps and the amp eater E-Flite 10-15 e-tracts. My Peak Amperage draw is 2.27 amps while cycling all servos and the retracts simultaneously for an extended duration. It's unlikely I wilI ever do that in flight LOL. The 3 amp BEC leaves around .75 amps headroom which is more than the stock ESC offers at its maximum rated output. I use the Castle 10 Amp BECs in some of my other planes but I don't think it's necessary with this plane.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
A...I really don't think you'll find a better all around warbird parkflyer in this size and scale to oust the P-47. It looks like you might be keeping it for a while...

Oh and by the way, when are we doing that retractable tail wheel conversion and the 4 blade prop.
LI,

I guess I'm stuck with this ugly duckling for the time being LOL

Anthony
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American