HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:13 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizjets View Post
You have got to be kidding me. I bought a HL p 47 a few weeks ago because it was one of the only foam warbirds with retracts and flaps. I would much rather have a pz product. Their quality, customer service and abundance of spare parts is unmatched.

I agree with the others that pz is missing out by not producing larger warbirds in the 50" wingspan series similar to fms. I know it would be stepping out of the box for them but the market is there even if they were significantly more expensive than the fms birds. Everyone knows you get what you pay for, especially with these rc airplanes. Hopefully they have something in the works.
The problem and reason is probably the weight. Your beer cooler plane from Hobby Lobby is not as strong but also weighs a lot less than Parkzone's P-47. Imagine a 58" Z-foam plane. It could be done of course but it would be heavy, even with milling it out. Check out that new Carbon-Z Yak for an example and it's only 48". The FMS warbirds are pretty light but more fragile.

In the end though I do prefer the Z-foam myself also.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:21 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
The low pass at about 1:07 seems to be the only place where we showed any speed...sorry about that!

We've selected the motor & battery from the Extra 300 to use in the P-47 because we feel many customers were wanting more power and speed in our warbirds. In fact the P-47 has more "pep" than any of the other three in the series (T-28, Corsair, Bf-109). It scoots along quite nicely, with significantly better vertical performance as well. It will ship with the T-28 prop, but you could upgrade to the Extra prop for even more speed without needing to upgrade the ESC or the battery.
Have you tried a 4-blade prop on this yet? Is there one which works fine without changing out the ESC? I love the look of a 4-blade even though performance goes down. I think you have about sold me on this one.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:23 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
The low pass at about 1:07 seems to be the only place where we showed any speed...sorry about that!

We've selected the motor & battery from the Extra 300 to use in the P-47 because we feel many customers were wanting more power and speed in our warbirds. In fact the P-47 has more "pep" than any of the other three in the series (T-28, Corsair, Bf-109). It scoots along quite nicely, with significantly better vertical performance as well. It will ship with the T-28 prop, but you could upgrade to the Extra prop for even more speed without needing to upgrade the ESC or the battery.
Good to hear Dave. I'm sure you have another winner on your hands.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:29 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Nice looking plane. Not the biggest fan of this one BUT the bar has been raised thats forsure. It's ready for all the goodies and for that reason alone i might have to get one.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:45 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,290 Posts
Great Job Dave.

It appears from the photos to be James Mullins' plane from the 404th Fighter Group, 507th Fighter Squadron. "Snorting Bull". Nice choice.
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:05 AM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous View Post
na keep on plugging away in this one, it is the original thread! If the Op of the other one had bothered to do a search before hit the post new thread button we wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place.
I'd cut him a bit of slack. If you look, there is only an 8 minute time difference between the two initial posts.
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:08 AM
Salt Lake City, Utah
Joined Jul 2009
81 Posts
Great vid and awesome job on this bird! I am not the biggest fan of the P-47 but may add it to the fleet some time. I would love to see some updates on the versions available on the other birds. Options for retracts and flaps would be a hit for me for sure!
Hash Wagon is offline Find More Posts by Hash Wagon
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:27 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
I'd cut him a bit of slack. If you look, there is only an 8 minute time difference between the two initial posts.
Yeah maybe, just seems to be happing a lot lately, go into the micro rtf forum and see all the "officalxxxxthead" and it becomes apparent that some these double and triple ups are intentional, just so the OP can get some sort of kudos for starting a thread.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:52 AM
USA, MD, North East
Joined Aug 2009
91 Posts
LunaRendezvous,
Yeah 'maybe' nothing, just a simple timing mistake, i have closed the thread, not looking for any type of kudos. I have only started a few threads, don't need any OP Kudos. I'm just happy to come to the forums to learn, and put in just a few cents. Owen.
ofletcher is offline Find More Posts by ofletcher
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:30 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofletcher View Post
LunaRendezvous,
Yeah 'maybe' nothing, just a simple timing mistake, i have closed the thread, not looking for any type of kudos. I have only started a few threads, don't need any OP Kudos. I'm just happy to come to the forums to learn, and put in just a few cents. Owen.
Ok, sorry if came across a little gruff/ churlish, the last thing I want to do is bully anybody either in person or online! I have posted threads myself without doing a search, so I am being a little hypocritical. I'll contact a mod and see I can't get both threads merged.

Regards,
Mike.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:11 AM
USA, MD, North East
Joined Aug 2009
91 Posts
LunaRendezvous,

Thanks for the post, and the contact to merge threads, happy flying. Owen.
ofletcher is offline Find More Posts by ofletcher
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:22 AM
Wanaka, NZ
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous View Post
na keep on plugging away in this one, it is the original thread! If the Op of the other one had bothered to do a search before hit the post new thread button we wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place.
yeah i know i started it, but got left behind by the other one. but to that end how about combine that one with this one.
qman is offline Find More Posts by qman
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:23 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
yeah i know i started it, but got left behind by the other one. but to that end how about combine that one with this one.
Have reported the other thread to the mods asking them to be merged.
Mike.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:40 AM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Like others have said, I'm not a big fan of the P-47, but given it's large(r) WS and that its flap and retract ready, I'll get a BNF when they become available. Some say the price is high, but I have to disagree. It comes with a lot for the same price as the Extra 300, and that one has serious issues. Granted they're two different styles. IMHO, ParkZone is the tops. YMMV.

The only problem I've had with PZ is that they have too many planes and I have too little dinero! ARGH! I did however, invest in a DX8, so model memory is no problem!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:46 AM
Heli & Warbird Fan
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Jun 2009
440 Posts
A new Video:
HorizonHobby.com New and Hot 10-21-10 (Part 2 of 2) (10 min 3 sec)
-=RAGE=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RAGE=-