IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:32 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Nov 2009
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
heheh.... I run 4400 mAh's in mine... on stock set up.... aaand me likey!!
(I also run 2200 mAhs as well)
did you have to carve out the battery compartment to make it fit?
SMCLEODVT is offline Find More Posts by SMCLEODVT
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:42 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,946 Posts
I'll be "joining the club" later this week--I ordered a P-47 replacement airframe and will drop in the motor and other electronics from a 109 I totalled this last weekend. I know the motor's less powerful than stock, but I'm still looking forward to it, plus it may give me the chance to try a leftover HL 4-blade prop . . . Thanks for all the tips on here!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:43 PM
Airplane Addict
Spartanburg, SC
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
Guys, I'm starting to get paranoid.

I got my P-47 up in the air with a new carbon reinforced wing last week, and it seemed to fly great. I was doing a battery time trial, and ended up in a small tree due to LVC. (It was take the tree, or tip-stall trying to bank)
I got it repired and flew it again. There was a good 10mph breeze. After a thorough pre-flight, I took off. My plane just went straight up. I eased back on the throttle to let it nose over and come down a little, but when I tried to pull out it would just spin. I was left with 4 or 5 peices of foam.
I glued it back together, checked my balance, good preflight, the whole nine yards. I took it up again today. (again, 10mph wind) It seemed to fly great (other than fighting the wind some). after a couple minutes of flight, I took it up, eased of the throttle to let the nose turn down, and the same dang thing happened. It didn't even look like it was trying to pull out. It was totaled this time.
The only thing I can think of is that my DX7 was down around 10.1v both times. I have had quirky things happen before when it is that low. (can't swear that was the cause, but it makes me wonder) Anyone else have a similar experience with any of this?

I am flying with an Eflite Power 25, flaps, all stock servos, Eflite retracts , Turnigy Plush 60 amp ESC, Turnigy 2200 4s 40C LiPo, AR7000, and DX7.
LeeHene is offline Find More Posts by LeeHene
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:55 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,290 Posts
3A BEC on that ESC no? You have 6 servos (potentially a 4.5A momentary peak load). Sounds like brownout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHene View Post
Guys, I'm starting to get paranoid.

I got my P-47 up in the air with a new carbon reinforced wing last week, and it seemed to fly great. I was doing a battery time trial, and ended up in a small tree due to LVC. (It was take the tree, or tip-stall trying to bank)
I got it repired and flew it again. There was a good 10mph breeze. After a thorough pre-flight, I took off. My plane just went straight up. I eased back on the throttle to let it nose over and come down a little, but when I tried to pull out it would just spin. I was left with 4 or 5 peices of foam.
I glued it back together, checked my balance, good preflight, the whole nine yards. I took it up again today. (again, 10mph wind) It seemed to fly great (other than fighting the wind some). after a couple minutes of flight, I took it up, eased of the throttle to let the nose turn down, and the same dang thing happened. It didn't even look like it was trying to pull out. It was totaled this time.
The only thing I can think of is that my DX7 was down around 10.1v both times. I have had quirky things happen before when it is that low. (can't swear that was the cause, but it makes me wonder) Anyone else have a similar experience with any of this?

I am flying with an Eflite Power 25, flaps, all stock servos, Eflite retracts , Turnigy Plush 60 amp ESC, Turnigy 2200 4s 40C LiPo, AR7000, and DX7.
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
90 Posts
strut covers

where can I find the plastic grey strut covers for sale? they got lost on a landing i think.
avengedkevinfold is offline Find More Posts by avengedkevinfold
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:10 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2009
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedkevinfold View Post
where can I find the plastic grey strut covers for sale? they got lost on a landing i think.
Try your LHS. I broke mine on first landing later realised they were on backwards. 35 flights later all good.
actflyer is offline Find More Posts by actflyer
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:41 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedkevinfold View Post
They are currently out of stock but Horizon does indeed carry them.

Main Landing Gear Doors: P-47
$2.99 [PKZ5306]

Also looks like these guys have em'. This is where I actually ordered the airframe only version. At the time I bought it they were only charging $71.93 or something like that. I see now that they've up'd it by $10.00. Anyway...here's the link to the gear doors: http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detai...p?ID=200851688

Hope this helps

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:47 PM
United States, CA, West Hills
Joined Dec 2010
90 Posts
Hi Guys,

Quick question, is the stock motor same as E-flite Power 15 motor?
zsultan is offline Find More Posts by zsultan
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:48 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsultan View Post
Hi Guys,

Quick question, is the stock motor same as E-flite Power 15 motor?
No...there different
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
90 Posts
they are both 15 and 950KV. So stock one is inferior to E-fite power 15?

Or do they both have same performance?

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:28 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Quote:
they are both 15 and 950KV. So stock one is inferior to E-fite power 15?

Or do they both have same performance?

Thanks
Keep tabs on the bearings on the stock one! I've personally witnessed two come apart in flight. Literally through the cowling hanging be the wires. TW
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:53 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,212 Posts
would these work for the E-flite retracts?

it shows a 5mm strut but couldn't we drill out the retract hole where the strut goes into to 5mm and slide these babies in there?

http://www.rcskylite.com/products/40...underbolt.html

HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
90 Posts
Hi Guys,

trying to decide whether to upgrade the stock motor with turnigy motor or just keep it stock.

I just placed the order for BNF P-47D and extra 300 prop, if the stock motor is weak then i will place an order with Hobbyking for turnigy motor now as it takes 3 weeks to get it delivered from HongKong.

Please advise, if this plane needs a motor upgrade or stock motor is good enough.

Please advise, so that i can place order with hobbyking.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,212 Posts
I'll offer this ....have you ever watched that old TV show called "Home Improvement" with 'Tim the Tool Man'?

is there ever enough horsepower?

personally, I fly the stock setup alternating both the Extra 300 prop and the stock one... it flys aaaawesome! she's a bit faster on the Extra 300 prop...

but... if & when this stock motor goes on me(wink to HillBillie ), I am going to run the Power 25 and possibly 4S

I would say don't fret the motor upgrade just yet, fly er a while and get a feel for her performance then go crazy on the upgrades...

and now, you are going to get a few other opinions here on your question... sooo stand by

-M

Quote:
Hi Guys,

trying to decide whether to upgrade the stock motor with turnigy motor or just keep it stock.

I just placed the order for BNF P-47D and extra 300 prop, if the stock motor is weak then i will place an order with Hobbyking for turnigy motor now as it takes 3 weeks to get it delivered from HongKong.

Please advise, if this plane needs a motor upgrade or stock motor is good enough.

Please advise, so that i can place order with hobbyking.

Thanks in advance.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy