HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:53 PM
McCleary.11's Avatar
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Mar 2006
716 Posts
Looking into buying one of the alternatives to the E-flite retracts, and I was wondering if the HK/CS retracts include the adjustable axles like the E-flites do? Might just bite the bullet and put the money down for the E-flites...

Edit: To answer my own question, yes I need to buy them. Du-bro makes some.
McCleary.11 is online now Find More Posts by McCleary.11
Site Sponsor
Last edited by McCleary.11; Mar 04, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:06 PM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklynstar23's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Am I missing something in regards to removing the spinner nut? I put a 2.5 mm hex driver in to get leverage the same one I use on my parkzone corsair and it's on there so tight it actually bent the hex driver!!! What gives?
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:15 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
hillbille's Avatar
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23 View Post
Am I missing something in regards to removing the spinner nut? I put a 2.5 mm hex driver in to get leverage the same one I use on my parkzone corsair and it's on there so tight it actually bent the hex driver!!! What gives?
It's like your wife or GF (or anyone using the standard prybar lug wrench in most cars!)trying to loosen the lug nuts from a wheel after the tire shop guys put them on with air impact wrenches!! LOL!!

It was assembled with a machine - tight - and you need to be very careful taking it off!! Might break the prop if you are not careful too! I used a pair of slip joint pliers on the aluminum backing and a small phillips screwdriver to break mine loose.


Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:17 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Nope I had the same problem, bent a hex driver and a small screwdriver.

I found the stock landing gear works great but the L bent part into it and loosten it. Or a screwdriver just slightly smaller than the hole otherwise it will bend.
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:21 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
WELL BOYS
It's been fun, going on active duty for a few months, no airplanes :-( well not unless I can fly the armys shadow 500 or something but thats not happening :-(..


Hope you guys enjoy yourselves, can't wait to hear what you all have to say about the Hawker Hurricane!! Should be out long before I get home.

Have fun, FLY SAFELY, SEND THOSE LETTERS TO CONGRESS! see AMA website, it's easy all over the internet, send one from you and then forward to all family and friends!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/gov.aspx


Sorry if this has already been posted here, just want to make sure you guys get your e-mail letters in to help the hobby out.

Ben
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:28 PM
Jimmy
Jimmy1159's Avatar
United States, NJ, Highland Lakes
Joined Oct 2008
757 Posts
Good Luck P, Gods Speed
Jimmy1159 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy1159
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:41 PM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklynstar23's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
It's like your wife or GF (or anyone using the standard prybar lug wrench in most cars!)trying to loosen the lug nuts from a wheel after the tire shop guys put them on with air impact wrenches!! LOL!!

It was assembled with a machine - tight - and you need to be very careful taking it off!! Might break the prop if you are not careful too! I used a pair of slip joint pliers on the aluminum backing and a small phillips screwdriver to break mine loose.


Hillbille
LOL dude this thing is NOT coming off!.....I remember how difficult was to get my PZ Corsair's prop off the first time but this is just insane...ill give it a rest for now....going to paint the guns and servo protectors in the meantime...and i just finished positioning my ar7000 in her cant wait for the maiden
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23
Last edited by Brooklynstar23; Mar 04, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:42 PM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklynstar23's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
WELL BOYS
It's been fun, going on active duty for a few months, no airplanes :-( well not unless I can fly the armys shadow 500 or something but thats not happening :-(..


Hope you guys enjoy yourselves, can't wait to hear what you all have to say about the Hawker Hurricane!! Should be out long before I get home.

Have fun, FLY SAFELY, SEND THOSE LETTERS TO CONGRESS! see AMA website, it's easy all over the internet, send one from you and then forward to all family and friends!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/gov.aspx


Sorry if this has already been posted here, just want to make sure you guys get your e-mail letters in to help the hobby out.

Ben

Good luck to you and thank you for your service to our country!
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
110 Posts
Quick question. I have the Dx5e for now and tried the Y-harness trick to enable retracts and flaps. Unfortunately, they are opposite of each other. When I bring the landing gear down, the flaps go up, and vice-versa.

Is there a way to get them to work together? Flaps down, gear down. Flaps up, gear up.

Thanks in advance.
_jocko_ is offline Find More Posts by _jocko_
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:46 PM
Registered User
Lilienthal's Avatar
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2010
1,246 Posts
Good luck Perschek and thanks for your service.
Lilienthal is online now Find More Posts by Lilienthal
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:16 PM
Registered User
V2rider's Avatar
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jocko_ View Post
Quick question. I have the Dx5e for now and tried the Y-harness trick to enable retracts and flaps. Unfortunately, they are opposite of each other. When I bring the landing gear down, the flaps go up, and vice-versa.

Is there a way to get them to work together? Flaps down, gear down. Flaps up, gear up.

Thanks in advance.
Try unplugging the retracts, cycle the switch and then plug them back in. If that doesn't work it looks like the retracts and servo is looking for different signals. If that is the case you may be able to use a servo reverser on the flaps to get them in sync with the gear. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EXRA325
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
110 Posts
Thanks.

I'll give that a go but see a 6 channel TX in the near future.
_jocko_ is offline Find More Posts by _jocko_
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:28 PM
Registered User
V2rider's Avatar
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jocko_ View Post
Thanks.

I'll give that a go but see a 6 channel TX in the near future.
If you have even thought of going to bigger planes take a look at the E-Flite T-34 RTF. Comes with the DX6i and is a real sweet flying plane. Retracts are not an easy option but can be done.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:40 PM
Registered User
MikeSawicki's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
394 Posts
Be safe Perschek and my thanks too.
MikeSawicki is offline Find More Posts by MikeSawicki
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:05 PM
Electric since 1990
Foamaholic's Avatar
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,735 Posts
Have a good tour and take care.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion World Models p47 1.20 dards Fuel Warbirds 1 Oct 20, 2010 10:55 AM
Discussion E-Flite P47 or Parkzone Corsair?? Gobstopper Electric Warbirds 13 Dec 02, 2009 09:37 PM
Discussion New Parkzone p51 or Greatplanes P47 casedit Electric Warbirds 5 Sep 01, 2009 09:08 AM