Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23 View Post
Has anyone tried these batteries?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=16692

Also how much flight time am I looking at with 2200mah 25c zippy battery? mixed throttle flying of course, i hope its not less than 5 mins
Yes except I got mine from the USA warehouse and there turnigy not zippy. They seem long. They are 70 grams heavier than the stock battery but being longer, the weight was spread out. Cg did not seem to be affected at all no trimming was needed and the plane seemed to respond well to the extra weight. It was very windy. The price is right don't be scared.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:15 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Well I am officially a part of the family now, I have my Wildcat and now my P47 can't wait to try her out!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:21 PM
AMA 884978
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,085 Posts
Lubrication. Do not use any oils or "grease" on your retracts. Oil and grease attract and collect dirt, sand and grime and will cause undo wear on exposed moving parts. Do NOT use GRAPHITE either!! Graphite is conductive and will short out and destroy your retract!! LOL!!

I suggest using a lithium grease - very lightly applied using a toothpick or such to any areas seen to be "rubbing" or binding. Less is good as only enough is needed to lubricate the part and not so much that it is scraped up or piled up. Wipe away any excess.

Hillbille
hillbille is online now Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:09 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,288 Posts
I agree. I would call lubrication a last resort before a phone call to hh customer service. If you do it, do it as hillbille describes.
(It really doesn't need it, and if you get stuff caught up in there (like I do all the time- dust, pebbles, bits of grass) I just hit it with some canned air. Mine sound like a rock crusher, but they sounded that way out of the box and I can't hear it when I'm on final when the gear's coming down anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Lubrication. Do not use any oils or "grease" on your retracts. Oil and grease attract and collect dirt, sand and grime and will cause undo wear on exposed moving parts. Do NOT use GRAPHITE either!! Graphite is conductive and will short out and destroy your retract!! LOL!!

I suggest using a lithium grease - very lightly applied using a toothpick or such to any areas seen to be "rubbing" or binding. Less is good as only enough is needed to lubricate the part and not so much that it is scraped up or piled up. Wipe away any excess.

Hillbille
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:47 PM
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Dec 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Yes as a matter fact I did do a little coloring - used a silver sharpie to cover the black plastic of the retract.
Hillbille
This airplane should come with a silver sharpie. I've touched up little scrapes, colored gorilla glue after repairs (pretty cool, actually looks like a weld line), and best of all I hit up all the panel lines with a double coat and the subtle difference in hue adds a nice shadowing effect. Highly recommended.
kbuzz1 is offline Find More Posts by kbuzz1
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:24 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
Well I did my maiden flight yesterday and all went well.
I flew three times, two with the stock battery and one with a lightermax 2200 15c.
I have the stock ESC with a CC BEC, a power-15, flaps and retracts.
I set the CG at 60 from the panel line closest to the fuse. With this CG I did not have any type of nose over issues. When I did the CG as shown in the manual it wanted to nose over on the black top in front of my house. The flying field is dirt and I did not need to use up ele while taxing. I used the stock prop even though I bought the extra 300 one. I hope the 300 works better, I thought the stock prop seemed a little slugish.
I love the flaps for landing it slows down nice. I set the timer for 8 min count down and had lots of battery left after the flights. I did some WOT but not alot as I wanted to get use to the plane. I need to get some more and bigger batteries, I think I'll try the 3300s.
All in all a great plane that flys great, just need more time to fly.
Need2Fly is offline Find More Posts by Need2Fly
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:25 AM
3D and slope Pilot in training
Port Elizabeth South Africa
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Heee heee ordered mine yesterday....

Soon i will have all the Parkzone planes >
Gotlieb is offline Find More Posts by Gotlieb
Old Mar 04, 2011, 04:05 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2009
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFOA View Post

When I got back to the bench, I took the prop of to check it and low and behold it was a 12.5 X 8.5. What power! What performance! Too bad it sucked the electrons outta the 2200 pack so fast LOL
I'd be surprised if that wasn't the ESC starting to die running that prop!!
James321 is offline Find More Posts by James321
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:54 AM
Texas
Joined Oct 2006
144 Posts
Nevermind. I found the answer to my question.
bcomo is offline Find More Posts by bcomo
Last edited by bcomo; Mar 04, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:37 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuzz1 View Post
This airplane should come with a silver sharpie. I've touched up little scrapes, colored gorilla glue after repairs (pretty cool, actually looks like a weld line), and best of all I hit up all the panel lines with a double coat and the subtle difference in hue adds a nice shadowing effect. Highly recommended.
Been wanting to get one myself for touch ups as it's been mentioned a couple times now and seems to work well. Can you tell us what brand exactly as I know not all sharpies are foam friendly. And if there's a particular name/brand/model# or what ever of the particular silver that would be great (if needed). Thanks

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:54 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Sharpie Metallics Silver :-)

Only one kind of silver sharpie I'm aware of, works great for touch-ups on stock color
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:26 PM
Well experienced novice
Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlieb View Post
Heee heee ordered mine yesterday....

Soon i will have all the Parkzone planes >
......and rule the world!!!
fionabalogna is offline Find More Posts by fionabalogna
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:50 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,288 Posts
Testors part# 2548C

(TESR2079 in the trade)

"Testors Enamel Paint Marker Metallic Silver"

It's a gloss, but you can't tell. This is a Paint Marker, not an Ink Pen.

BTW, sharpies work too, and indeed on this foam, they are safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Been wanting to get one myself for touch ups as it's been mentioned a couple times now and seems to work well. Can you tell us what brand exactly as I know not all sharpies are foam friendly. And if there's a particular name/brand/model# or what ever of the particular silver that would be great (if needed). Thanks

-B
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:59 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMO View Post
Testors part# 2548C

(TESR2079 in the trade)

"Testors Enamel Paint Marker Metallic Silver"

It's a gloss, but you can't tell. This is a Paint Marker, not an Ink Pen.

BTW, sharpies work too, and indeed on this foam, they are safe.

Thanks guys. BTW...where do you get a "Testors" paint marker at? The LHS?

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:10 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Thanks guys. BTW...where do you get a "Testors" paint marker at? The LHS?

-B
Lhs, or Micheals or A.C. Moore, or whatever they call your local arts and crafts store.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider