HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:38 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHene View Post
I had never flown there before, nor will I again. I drove by there a little later. I still had trouble seeing the stupid post when I was looking for it!
At least you have this excuse--my last crash was because I thought my Corsair was past, not behind, the trees rimming the park I fly at almost every weekend . . .
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:14 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
How many amps was she pullin'??

-B

Probably around 45a
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:22 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Probably around 45a
Yes - exactly. I tried it again after the temperature came up but there was little difference.

42 amps and 420 watts steady after initial start on a fresh 3s1p.

Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:25 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,196 Posts
Look at the VOLTAGE on the meter - 10.0 volts under a WOT load after starting with a 12.3 volt charge at rest!! LOL!!

Hillbille
Old Mar 02, 2011, 02:50 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Look at the VOLTAGE on the meter - 10.0 volts under a WOT load after starting with a 12.3 volt charge at rest!! LOL!!

Hillbille
Ok...dumb question time. I understand the amps and watts as it pertains to everything but where does the 10 volts come into play? Is that a lot? What should be a normal or safe reading? The lipo is 11.1 Volts so I'm trying to figure out if that means it's super sapping everything out of it or??? I'm just not up on all this stuff yet but feel I should know it for future reference, so I have to ask.. Thanks

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Mar 02, 2011, 04:11 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Ok...dumb question time. I understand the amps and watts as it pertains to everything but where does the 10 volts come into play? Is that a lot? What should be a normal or safe reading? The lipo is 11.1 Volts so I'm trying to figure out if that means it's super sapping everything out of it or??? I'm just not up on all this stuff yet but feel I should know it for future reference, so I have to ask.. Thanks

-B
Really just depends. This is a good indication (to me anyway!) that WOT should be used very sparringly! It is also an indication that with this motor/prop combination I need to get bigger capacity batteries!!

If your LVC were set to 3.2 volts per cell then 3.2 X 3 = 9.6 volts and that my friend would be the old ball game!! Just cruising around like I did in the video I went about 5 minutes and had voltage to spare when I did the post flight check. I am glad that I didn't decide to do a low inverted WOT pass!!

Hillbille
Old Mar 02, 2011, 05:28 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
LOL....no kidding, that could have been ugly. Ok, sort of what I thought it indicated but wasn't totally sure. BTW...you running a 2.4ghz set up? If so, is that also where folks get into trouble with brown outs, when your voltage level gets to low to adequately provide a certain level needed for everything even though there's enough actual juice (mah) left in the battery to keep flying?

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Mar 02, 2011, 05:59 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,196 Posts
Yes low voltage is part of the cause but I was thinking more along the lines of ME doing something stupid with the plane and having the motor shut off....

With me that is NEVER good!! LOL!! Too old and way too slow!!

Hillbille
Old Mar 02, 2011, 06:44 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Yes - exactly. I tried it again after the temperature came up but there was little difference.

42 amps and 420 watts steady after initial start on a fresh 3s1p.

Hillbille
H...thanks you just reminded me as I already have a 40A ESC in the Jug and I need to swap in a 50A ESC as I plan to use the HL 11X10 4 blade on ocasion.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:11 PM
Watch my trickeration! Oops...
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Dec 2010
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23 View Post
I am curious to hear from my fellow belly landers on how she handles when low to the ground and your cuttle throttle back...id hate to find out the hard way!
I've landed mine several times on the belly. No worries. Just bring her in like you would any other belly lander(a little flare just before touch down and she will slide out completely unscathed and ready to go again. Makes no difference to me where I fly now. I have total confidence that this bird can handle it!
Enjoy!!!!
Mustangman50 is offline Find More Posts by Mustangman50
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:44 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Could you post pictures?
ill post some pics as soon as i learn how to. ive been wanting to show yall a bunch of the mods ive done. nothing big, just small things ive come up with on my own.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,642 Posts
i wish parkflyer plastics made a kit for gear doors, to totally enclose the wheels, ive seen moonbeams post and they look nice, just saying i wish they made a kit so it would be easier.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:39 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,642 Posts
does anyone have some 15-25 eflite retract parts they want to get rid of. i broke one of my trunions and would like to find some replacements. maybe somebody has some retract parts laying around their not doing anything with. would sure beat paying 90 bucks, thanks. i saw at tamjets, that they have some aluminum trunions and shock strut kit for 15-25 eflite retracts, theyre nice, but $140 is a bit high. anyway thanks for the replies.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:29 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
does anyone have some 15-25 eflite retract parts they want to get rid of. i broke one of my trunions and would like to find some replacements. maybe somebody has some retract parts laying around their not doing anything with. would sure beat paying 90 bucks, thanks. i saw at tamjets, that they have some aluminum trunions and shock strut kit for 15-25 eflite retracts, theyre nice, but $140 is a bit high. anyway thanks for the replies.
I reeally wish E-flite would sell replacment trunions.

Did ya miss my earlier post.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5226
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:06 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
Try these, Ive had no problems 50 plus flights.http://www.nitroplanes.com/pz-15090-retract.html
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield