Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Please see the following post by David Ribbe:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...c#post16349843

Here is what he posted:
Not saying its a bad built in bec but it says to drive 4 digital or 5 analog servos and people are putting flaps and retracts on the p-47. so to me that would be 8 servos on board. maybe it should be put in the manual that if your going to use more then the stock setup might want to invest in a separate bec to drive the servos.

i just picked a p-47 up today and grabbed a CC Bec to go along with it, i might just be paranoid but i will follow what it says on the esc for the bec that it can drive 4-5 servos because i am going to use more ill get a separate bec
Xargon321 is offline Find More Posts by Xargon321
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:31 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
becs urc, thrust limited 12volt 3s, 4s linear volts, 700mah for me who has never delt with or has NOOOOOOO bec, ubec, sbec, knowledge or coprehention of bec's, im just going to plain-out ask. is everyone who has some rc knowledge using BEC's? sorry if this gets on peoples nerves
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:33 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
never mind i just saw the above post, thanx
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:42 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,116 Posts
aaaaahh, a familiar 'face', welcome Icky!

glad to see ya picked up one of these P47's... and like everyone here, you're gonna fall in love with her fer sure!

that power plant you're looking at gets a some great press in these here parts. Maybe one day I'll swap out my stock hardware for that one, I guess it turns the T-Bolt into a T-Beast! LOL

lookin' forward to your posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarusmelt View Post
After a bunch of planes, incl 5 PZ foamie warbirds, obviously I have to have their TBolt, I got the airframe in the plain white box $96 from our LHS and the fuse has all the decals applied. The wing is plain but the wing decals were included. The belly landing strip was included. I decided not to get HK retracts because of mixed reputation and gonna do the EFlite retracts. If something goes funny, Horizon Hobby support is so great.

At our LHS they have backed Monokote trim stock 5'' X 36" in various colors, and I found a silver that is a perfect match for the PZ TBolt. Just right for covering servos, wires etc.

Got a motor question. I like more power and mainly interested in thrust. I'm gonna do an EFlite power 25 and the question is either the 870kv or 1250kv. I'm thinking the 870kv with a little bigger than stock prop. What do guys think from your experience?

I have a Turnigy Trust 55A switching bec esc on the way.

Thanks

Icky
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:46 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,256 Posts
It all comes down to this guys. PZ,HH, H9, E-Flite tests the equipment they put in a the planes before they sell them. They may not update the documentation that comes with the esc after every new release, but if they package it together than you know they have flown it and it passed muster.
If you leave the motor /prop combo stock the stock esc will handle it. If you want to try different props, not using stock PZ servos, you decided to save some money with the HK retracts, whatever you are not running tested equipment and it would be a good idea to either add a seperate bec, or go with a bigger esc and higher rated bec.
Mine has been loaded since I got it. Only have four packs threw it, but never had a problem. I have decided to play with a 4 blade prop so I went with a spare 40amp E-Flite esc I had.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:24 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,244 Posts
Are you all achieving cg ok with stock set up etracts and flaps? Seems like cg might be aft.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:37 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon321 View Post
Not saying its a bad built in bec but it says to drive 4 digital or 5 analog servos and people are putting flaps and retracts on the p-47. so to me that would be 8 servos on board. maybe it should be put in the manual that if your going to use more then the stock setup might want to invest in a separate bec to drive the servos.

i just picked a p-47 up today and grabbed a CC Bec to go along with it, i might just be paranoid but i will follow what it says on the esc for the bec that it can drive 4-5 servos because i am going to use more ill get a separate bec
Did you even read my post? Listen: we are the ones who wrote the specs on the speed controller. We have explained how we wrote those specs. We have fully tested the P-47 setup with all recommended options. It works.

The specs in the ESC manual are conservative because they were written as a set of instructions for when the ESC is sold separately. We have to allow extra headroom in that case because we don't know which servos a customer is going to use. Some servos draw more than others, so we have to knock the recommendation down a little. With the P-47 we know which servos are being used. We can test the exact setup and know that it works.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:48 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,116 Posts
Dave,
this is probably a ridiculous unanswerable question, but... the inexpensive HXT900 servo that a whoooole lot of people use in the ParkZone planes over the years as replacements once the stock servo wears out or fails... by chance were those particular ones tested or their specs taken into consideration? or do you have any thoughts if extra caution should be used if these are installed in our planes?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=662

I happen to have a PNP T-Bolt but have used the HXT900 for the flaps... I have the e-flite retracts onboard as well but no external BEC and no issues here at about 45+ flights and don't anticipate any, just curious

lovin' this P47 btw

-Mark

Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:52 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actflyer View Post
Nope mine did not come with decals. Just fuselage,wing and elevator.
Interesting. That's a shame. Is there a any chance the Replacement Airframe pkg. over there is different than what is offered here in the U.S. I wonder?Did you order it directly from HH? I'd get a hold of HH and see what's up.

Quote:
Originally quoted by crazyj
Perhaps I'm thinking of a airframe only kit vs. a replacement frame?
I think you are right. There must be some other version or kit with just the fuselage, wing, and tail feathers. Interesting.

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Last edited by Olias; Feb 09, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:53 PM
Glassed Foam Junkie
Spartanburg, SC
Joined Jan 2008
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
my heart was just broken, crashed this beautifull bird today, thank god they make more of them. something strange happened. i was flying at my normal local, theres a cell phone tower nearby. ive flown my gunfighter over it, around it and everything but through it. was going to fly over it with my jug and when i got close to it, the stick went dead, and spirral into the ground. must have lost reseption due to the cell antenna. has this ever happened to anyone else? let me know what you guys think. im about to cry, pray for me.
A little late in the game here, but I have also experienced brief glitches with my Spektrum 7000rx a couple times when I have flown directly over a weather transponder close to where I fly. Predicting an issue from that is a no brainer. If anything, I've been nothing less than impressed with how quickly my radio system recovered from being saturated in such a heavy concentration of RF.
Amazing that it didn't induce enough voltage in my wiring to fry something!
LeeHene is offline Find More Posts by LeeHene
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:02 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,241 Posts
Huff,

Trying real hard not to say anything sarcastic here.

No, we have not tested Hextronics servos. I can guarantee you will never see any recommendations from Horizon Hobby for anything relating to a product from that company.

David
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:03 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHene View Post
A little late in the game here, but I have also experienced brief glitches with my Spektrum 7000rx a couple times when I have flown directly over a weather transponder close to where I fly. Predicting an issue from that is a no brainer. If anything, I've been nothing less than impressed with how quickly my radio system recovered from being saturated in such a heavy concentration of RF.
Amazing that it didn't induce enough voltage in my wiring to fry something!
i wish my radio system would have recovered
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Huff,

No, we have not tested Hextronics servos. I can guarantee you will never see any recommendations from Horizon Hobby for anything relating to a product from that company.

David
thats funny
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:19 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,116 Posts
thanks David, I totally get it

sorry, I had an after-thought... can you reccommend any servos at all except for Horizon Hobby's? I'm just interested in servos that Horizon would have tested or considered to be within the 'overhead' allowed

-Mark

Quote:
Huff,

David
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Feb 09, 2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
just give it up huff, lol