HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:30 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
Very nice , i have a highly modified 120mph parkzone corsair , and if this one flys half as good as the corsair it will be a winner , i just wish they would sell airframe only versions ......I have the 55 span nitroplanes p-47 , bought it as airframe only , 99.00 & free shipping , 10.00 etracts , Scorpion 3026 , hobby king 3600 4 cell .............sweet flyer
But they do (or will) have it available as an airframe only. Not sure why the Corsair isn't available that way, but the P-51 and BF-109 are. They just don't advertise them and sell them more as a "replacement".
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:38 PM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
But they do (or will) have it available as an airframe only. Not sure why the Corsair isn't available that way, but the P-51 and BF-109 are. They just don't advertise them and sell them more as a "replacement".
I pre ordered the airframe today,at $79 dollars its a no brainer.I got their F4F that way also,cant beat it at that price . Brutus
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:43 PM
VA
Joined Feb 2009
866 Posts
With parkzone you get what you pay for greatness and they are way better than nitro planes etc. i know i might be criticized for it but park zone is the best PERIOD.
friz is offline Find More Posts by friz
Last edited by friz; Oct 21, 2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: i agree with xlrDALLAS
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
With parkzone you get what you pay for greatness and they are way better than hobby lobby etc. i know i might be criticized for it but park zone is the best PERIOD.
Your right HH is first class all the way, customer service is second to none, but ive delt with hobby lobby many times and they have great servce too, never did me wrong
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:02 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,670 Posts
I'm a little concerned about why this plane is so heavy? It's 5.5 ounces heavier than the Extra with only slightly wider wings. It will probably be ok but I was surprised by that much extra weight. With retracts it's even more of course.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:13 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,176 Posts
More wing area, bulkier fuselage, lots of scale details...and it still flies great. Remember she's a warbird not an aerobat!
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:21 PM
Wanaka, NZ
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
can we combine this with the other thread
qman is offline Find More Posts by qman
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:27 PM
Virginia
Joined Oct 2010
6 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. I bought a HL p 47 a few weeks ago because it was one of the only foam warbirds with retracts and flaps. I would much rather have a pz product. Their quality, customer service and abundance of spare parts is unmatched.

I agree with the others that pz is missing out by not producing larger warbirds in the 50" wingspan series similar to fms. I know it would be stepping out of the box for them but the market is there even if they were significantly more expensive than the fms birds. Everyone knows you get what you pay for, especially with these rc airplanes. Hopefully they have something in the works.
Bizjets is offline Find More Posts by Bizjets
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:39 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,856 Posts
Got my airframe per-ordered today as well as a set of retracts
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:49 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,016 Posts
Doesn't seem to have much pep in the video. I hope they were flying it slow for the video. Not a fan of the P47 but, I'm sure it will sell.

I know your working on a P38....So just tell us.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:52 PM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizjets View Post
You have got to be kidding me. I bought a HL p 47 a few weeks ago because it was one of the only foam warbirds with retracts and flaps. I would much rather have a pz product. Their quality, customer service and abundance of spare parts is unmatched.

I agree with the others that pz is missing out by not producing larger warbirds in the 50" wingspan series similar to fms. I know it would be stepping out of the box for them but the market is there even if they were significantly more expensive than the fms birds. Everyone knows you get what you pay for, especially with these rc airplanes. Hopefully they have something in the works.

You're right, you get what you pay for. If prior to shipping FMS had worked out the multiple QC issues rather than leaving me with several hours of re-work to do, I would have happily paid an extra $100.00 for my 57" FMS P51D ( Currently $209.00 PNP with electric retracts). Every screw and component on an FMS plane must be gone over prior to flight. And if all of the control surfaces aren't re-hinged and the control rods re-worked prior to flying, you're risking disaster; it's just a matter of time. You wouldn't want your 5-6 lb. plane coming down and wiping out a nearby automobile or worse, hitting a person. Many fly the FMS birds out of the box but I've been in this hobby long enough to know better.

A PZ airplane can be flown with very little preparation and even less worry. If Parkzone made a 55" - 57" foamy I would be comfortable just assembling and heading to the field to fly it. That peace of mind and time savings is worth a hundred extra bucks, at least to me.

As for your HL P47 Hun Hunter, my friend has one and it's a great airplane and worthy of its place in your squadron!

Regards,

Anthony
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
can we combine this with the other thread
na keep on plugging away in this one, it is the original thread! If the Op of the other one had bothered to do a search before hit the post new thread button we wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:49 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Doesn't seem to have much pep in the video. I hope they were flying it slow for the video. Not a fan of the P47 but, I'm sure it will sell.

I know your working on a P38....So just tell us.
The low pass at about 1:07 seems to be the only place where we showed any speed...sorry about that!

We've selected the motor & battery from the Extra 300 to use in the P-47 because we feel many customers were wanting more power and speed in our warbirds. In fact the P-47 has more "pep" than any of the other three in the series (T-28, Corsair, Bf-109). It scoots along quite nicely, with significantly better vertical performance as well. It will ship with the T-28 prop, but you could upgrade to the Extra prop for even more speed without needing to upgrade the ESC or the battery.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:54 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Damn, my wife is NEVER gonna talk to me again!
Lucky dog!
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:07 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTUS2238 View Post
I pre ordered the airframe today,at $79 dollars its a no brainer.I got their F4F that way also,cant beat it at that price . Brutus
Do you know if you get all accessories when you do this? In other words, will you be missing things like the landing gear, control horns, cowl, etc...? If not, I might do this same thing. However, unless you go hobby city cheap stuff it would be hard to beat their price but you could do better equipment if you desired. Let's see,

4 SV80 servos = $11.39*4 = $45.56
Thunderbird 36 = $40 or so

Only leaves $20 for the motor if you want to match their price for PNP. Oh well, probably just buy the PNP.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar