533 Posts
Looks amazing i might have get one!!
hbsurfer is offline Find More Posts by hbsurfer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:41 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,669 Posts
Very nice , i have a highly modified 120mph parkzone corsair , and if this one flys half as good as the corsair it will be a winner , i just wish they would sell airframe only versions ......I have the 55 span nitroplanes p-47 , bought it as airframe only , 99.00 & free shipping , 10.00 etracts , Scorpion 3026 , hobby king 3600 4 cell .............sweet flyer
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:38 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Not to mention its another D model. Looks like if I get one I will have some foam carving in my future.
I'm still a little confused over the "D" configuration I'm sure I've seen some razorbacks referred to as a P-47D Either way I'm sure someone like parkflyer plastics will come out with a razorback kit.

Am I the only one who thinks the bubble top thunderbolt to be the ugliest ww2 fighter
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:49 PM
Karma's Evil Twin Brother
USA, OH, Maineville
Joined Sep 2009
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous View Post
I'm still a little confused over the "D" configuration I'm sure I've seen some razorbacks referred to as a P-47D Either way I'm sure someone like parkflyer plastics will come out with a razorback kit.

Am I the only one who thinks the bubble top thunderbolt to be the ugliest ww2 fighter
Yes, yes you are Really, to each his own, I have the HL P47 which is a bubbletop and I love it, this one is very close in size and would have loved to see it in a razorback, but I got to hand it to PZ for getting two things VERY right, flap and retract ready.
Bad Karma is offline Find More Posts by Bad Karma
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:56 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Very nice Parkzone!

Like others I think a razorback would have been better and I can't see how their marketing team can justify the price compared with the FMS and HL versions that are already out, are cheaper, look as good and are made from tough foam also
Considering that my HL P-47 now has an E-Flite power 10, 40 amp esc and Hitec servos all around because the electronics are such , I think the plane is a bargain.....and retract ready, no junk here.

Just IMHO

Ron
Pilot in MO is offline Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:01 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,954 Posts
I agree, Ron, given my experience with the HL version; I still fly it, but it's taken a lot of sorting out and it remains in the back-up role to my Corsair, T-28 and 109 . . . I also question whether the HL's foam is as tough as the foam on the PZ planes. I'll be happy to get one that's good-to-go.
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:20 PM
Joined Dec 2004
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
WOW, parkzone have done it again,
and listened to the customers, flaps, retracts, classic warbird.

Dam this thing is cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPLI4...ure=youtu.be&a
would have been a nicer model had it come already with retracts and flaps.
smackdn775 is offline Find More Posts by smackdn775
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:21 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,259 Posts
P-47D comes in both Razorback and bubbletop versions, so it's not like the P-51 where all D's were bubbletop. They made the switch to the bubbletop starting with the P-47D-25-RE
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:57 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdn775 View Post
would have been a nicer model had it come already with retracts and flaps.
I disagree, HH got it right, the price point with retracts and flaps would have been a hurdle for the guys who fly at parks and want a belly lander.
After all this is a parkzone plane.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:01 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Plane looks great, but i just bought the stinson, the habu, and the p 47 from nitro planes[which is a very nice plane to] and 2 of the f-16.s from hobby lobby that on sale for 99.99 , might have to wait on this 1 for awhile im sooooooo broke, man this hobby is like crack lol, good job hh plane looks great
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:06 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
Plane looks great, but i just bought the stinson, the habu, and the p 47 from nitro planes[which is a very nice plane to] and 2 of the f-16.s from hobby lobby that on sale for 99.99 , might have to wait on this 1 for awhile im sooooooo broke, man this hobby is like crack lol, good job hh plane looks great
I second that..

this hobby is addicting

but I try to limit myself to planes I really need not just the new ones

uh, what the HECK!

I NEED THEM ALL!
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:11 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
I second that..

this hobby is addicting

but I try to limit myself to planes I really need not just the new ones

uh, what the HECK!

I NEED THEM ALL!
yea i keep saying the same thing lol
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:14 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
yea i keep saying the same thing lol
just one more honey
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
P-47D comes in both Razorback and bubbletop versions, so it's not like the P-51 where all D's were bubbletop. They made the switch to the bubbletop starting with the P-47D-25-RE
Dave,

I had a Parkzone FW-190 and hated that plane. Hate is a strong word but that plane left a lot to be desired. I told myself I would never buy another plane from PZ. Over the years I've received such excellent service from Horizon that I prefer to buy the products you distribute, for the simple fact that I know your after sale support is beyond reproach.

I've watched my friends have fun flying their numerous PZ planes and it wore me down. I bought a Wildcat when it was introduced. While I would have preferred a 44" span Wildcat, I always bring this plane with me when I go flying. Out of the box, its performed flawlessly from day one. The Wildcat had left me open minded to your future offerings.

I was just about to pull the trigger and buy one of the larger FMS P-47's and yours came just in time. I know that getting your P-47 flight ready will be virtually effort free and I intend to purchase one. This plane is a big step forward for the Parkzone Brand. Please keep the larger 44" birds coming, retract and flap ready and they will sell. BTW, it's time to retire your Spitfire and introduce a new version in a 44" span, retract and flap ready.

FMS is selling their 1450 mm warbirds faster than they can import them. I hope Horizon is planning on introducing a series of larger size foamies. If you do, I think you'll find the market is eager for them.

Regards,

Anthony Ciaburri
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:28 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous View Post
I disagree, HH got it right, the price point with retracts and flaps would have been a hurdle for the guys who fly at parks and want a belly lander.
After all this is a parkzone plane.
That is the idea!!

David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor