HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:14 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
I wish PZ would give us all some advanced notice on these...
A few of us were giving them crap on their Facebook site for exactly this reason. They started giving us a taste of what was to come on Thursdays, but it kinda dried up when Booker retired.
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
I just got home from Ihobby Expo, where PZ had the new P-47. It is a sweet airplane, indeed. It's actually lighter feeling than I expected, even with the retracts and flap servos installed. The quality of the paint and graphics were excellent, and the paint didn't feel sticky like my Wildcat did when it was new. I'd expect them to bring the nicest one they had, but I think if production ones ship looking this good, they will have many happy customers. Sorry no photos.
They're very nice guys, too, and recognized me from E-Fest last year. Very interesting to speak with them about their products and projects.
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Oct 23, 2010, 04:03 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
I wish PZ would give us all some advanced notice on these... I notice that there are many folks who pulled the trigger on other P-47 models (like FMS/Airfield), only because they had no idea PZ was about to release this. I do like the quality of PZ stock, and am willing to pay a little extra to get many more flights in these birds than having to modify/replace all the electronics on FMS/Airfield birds, which are hit and miss in my experience.

I would love to see a Hellcat/Zero/FW190 release in this same format (flaps/retracts ready). FMS already has a Hellcat this size, but if I knew PZ was going to release one sometime early next year...I would wait to pull the trigger (hint, hint).

Very cool Parkzone! Thanks for listening to consumer requests! I have mine reserved...(now how do I explain to the wife this was a NEED and not a WANT???!!)
I don't know if you were around, but Horizon USED to announce airplanes 6-12 months before their release. And people went NUTS because they could see these planes on the web but couldn't have them. That and the release date would keep getting pushed and pushed. It's impossible to estimate delivery that far in advance I suppose.

I was entering back into the hobby about the time the first T-28 came out.. But from what I gather they announced in April with a release date of June. That became August, then September, then October... The plane finally released October 11th. That's just one example. Almost all of their releases used to go like that.

Earlier this year they told us they were going to start announcing Eflite products once they are on the water. So release would be 4-6 weeks out and nothing would push that back. I sort of wish they would do that with all of their brands.

They have gotten better though. I would expect this P-47 by mid January at the latest.

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Oct 23, 2010, 04:24 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
+1 I love how people that are new to the hobby get angry when things are released a little late or they have to wait a month after the announcement to be able to buy. It used to be 6+ months after the announcements were made. Over in the foamy EDF forum the new C17 is 4 weeks late and people are irate. Makes me laugh. If I can't buy it now I'll take my money elsewhere....stomp....stomp....stomp....
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
+1 I love how people that are new to the hobby get angry when things are released a little late or they have to wait a month after the announcement to be able to buy. It used to be 6+ months after the announcements were made. Over in the foamy EDF forum the new C17 is 4 weeks late and people are irate. Makes me laugh. If I can't buy it now I'll take my money elsewhere....stomp....stomp....stomp....
I'm not angry...I just know what I want and I'm willing to wait if I know what's in the pipeline. I would have waited another year for this P-47 and wouldn't already have spent good money on an FMS model. Oh well--looks like we'll have big brother and little brother. PZ doesn't need to give me a date--I don't care...just want to know their plans. But I understand that this is a business, and there is wisdom in keeping the competition guessing. I realize this is a hobby...I just prefer parkzone when it comes to foamy warbirds. I'll throw my money at quality any day...
jpt1205 is offline Find More Posts by jpt1205
Last edited by jpt1205; Oct 23, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,027 Posts
After my Extra 300 lesson I'll wait for others to pull the trigger on new Parkzone planes and then just buy them used in a few months. No more new stuff for me ! This will be on my used "to get list".
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:44 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I always want to tell those folks, "Hey if you're in that big of a hurry to unload some cash, send a check to my address or Pay Pal the money to me!!"
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:48 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
So who's gonna start sending ideas for Callie to start making "new" makings for this plane??
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
After my Extra 300 lesson I'll wait for others to pull the trigger on new Parkzone planes and then just buy them used in a few months. No more new stuff for me ! This will be on my used "to get list".
I'm going to take the chance and pre-order it at the LHS... Parkzone's Zfoam warbirds have all been pretty much top notch. I've had a couple and guys in the club have had the others. Sure that Extra has some issues, but getting a "3D"ish plane right is not easy, and let's face it, Horizon isn't exactly known for having great 3D planes. It would have been neat if that Extra performed up to par with the rest of the more established 3D brands, but it doesn't surprise me that it didn't.

This P-47 will be a good model.

I can't get over all of the details that they put into this one. Making the tail more "scale" than usual is nice (instead of just flat depron). Three bolts on the wing is awesome, I always hated the way the T-28 and Corsair wings would wobble. The little tab on the hatch is neat too.

I really felt like I had "out grown" Parkzone warbirds.. but they stepped it up and I am willing to jump onboard again.

I'll tell ya what, if they made a retract ready wing for the Mustang I would get one of those too. I sold my Corsair because I hated not having wheels on it, and I'm not willing to fly a fighter with the gear down all the time. T-28 doesn't both me though. I think I need to see a psychiatrist.

-Jay
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
373 Posts
It would be great if horizon made retract ready wings for other planes such as the t28 corsair and habu. It can be a seperate optional purchase and people will deffinitley buy it along with retracts. Its another way for them to increase sales very easily. Anyone listening Dave.lol
crashkorey is offline Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:41 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey View Post
it would be great if horizon made retract ready wings for other planes such as the t28 corsair and habu. It can be a seperate optional purchase and people will deffinitley buy it along with retracts. Its another way for them to increase sales very easily. Anyone listening dave.lol
+100000
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:58 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
I'd love to have a retract/flap ready wing for the Corsair and T-28.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,069 Posts
The problem with a retract ready T-28 is the nose gear. You'd need a wing and fuse, and at that point you might as well re-release the whole thing, for a third time.. Don't see that happening.

The Corsair would need rotating retracts. MANY people would not be satisfied with non-scale retracts on that plane. The complaints would black out the sun I imagine.

The Mustang would be easy. Just the wing and you're done. The 109 could also have a retract wing but maybe 85 retracts or something. Those would be relatively easy to do.

I imagine, if this P47 sells like the T-28 did, or out-sells the T-28 then Horizon will get the message and we will see more retract ready options.

-Jay
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:22 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
Dave,
I started something here. We want optional retract/flap ready wings for the ME, Trojan, Corsair, Habu,.... I understand all of them can't be done, like the wildcat.

I really just want them for the ME.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
I showed the P47 video to my wife and the first thing she said was: "Hey the wheels go up and down. How come you don't have that on all your other planes?".

Permission is given, just need the retract-ready wings from HH!
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift