HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:54 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
Discussion
Just Good Times!

After a long time of an 80" H9 Power 46 Cub sitting around, I finally put her into the air last weekend. I dumped the 46 motor & went with a Reaper GR45 on 4s/14.8v swinging a 14x7 APC prop. I modded it so the lower strut bolts are now pins. (from the H9 Pawnee kit) Much thanks to my friend Steve1814 for his advice on getting Graupner wing plugs into the bird. No more plugging in servo wires. All in all, all mods were simple enough to do but lordy were they a pain in the backside. It took forever to find a new motor mount to fit the GR45 and get it installed. It finally came in the way of a GP medium size mount and even it had to be modified.

No way the wings will ever fit a wing bag.

I ordered/have some scale gear from Robart but it's yet to be painted & installed. I just had to take it out and fly it. I only had a single 4s/14.8v Max Amps pack to run it with. 1st flight was virtually perfect, I bounced the 1st landing 3". I recharged the pack, or rather thought I did, (New charger and I went stupid) & went up again. Powered up again and went flying for more trimming. Almost a BIG mistake. I didn't get the pack recharged because I failed to understand the charger. That being said, the pack went into LVC and I lost power way high and off the end of the runway. Rearmed the bird and brought it back in for 150' two wheel touchdown and settled right at my feet. Perfect! I got so lucky! I guess luck is better than skill sometimes. This bird is definitley a take to the field flier. I can't believe just how gentle it is to fly when the controls are set up right. I just run on about 25~30 % throttle but have 1300w behind it to do some special stuff. Sure glad I have another 1 in the closet! The members @ the field couldn't believe it was electric.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts