HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,021 Posts
Discussion
I gots me a T-Rex 600e

It's on the way and will be here tomorrow. I'm excited... Danny from Esprit Model offered me a SWEET deal and it was just too good to pass up. Can't wait to get started on it!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2009
411 Posts
Congrats! They're a ton of fun.

Check out the 600 hangar thread for build tips and fun videos. (Though it doesn't quite want to stick around the way the 500 hangar thread seems to - but I have to believe there are just as many flying the 600 as the 500...)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271930
S9coldfire is offline Find More Posts by S9coldfire
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,021 Posts
Will do - thank you! My 500 ESP went together perfectly so hopefully the 600 will do the same. The 500 was my first heli kit build and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Took me back to my R/C car days...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:51 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Congrats on the 600 Mike. You're gonna love it for sure. I built mine about a year ago, and the build was flawless. Everything was just a perfect fit. Good luck.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:36 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,021 Posts
Yeah that's the way my T-Rex 500 was... everything fit perfectly and required almost no tweaking after the first flight.

The T-Rex 600e came yesterday. I opened the box from FedEx and noticed there was a big dent in the heli box. It happened pre-shipping as there was no dent/tear/crush on the shipping box. I've had good luck with FedEx, unlike the UPS gorillas. The box that contained the tail boom, torque tube, and blades also had a ding in it. And when I opened the box, the tail boom had a nice big dent in it. Thankfully that was all that was damaged... the blades appear flawless and the torque tube itself seems fine. The canopy has a chip/crack in it too, and I'm not sure how that happened but I guess anything's possible.

I called Esprit and they told me to take pictures of what's damaged and they will send replacement parts, which I have done. Esprit has always been very good to me so I know I'm in good hands.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:31 AM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2009
411 Posts
That's frustrating to have to deal with! But at least you can still work on the rest of the build while waiting for replacements. The hardest part for me was creating all of the ball links - the tips of my fingers were numb for at least two weeks afterwards!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:43 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S9coldfire View Post
. . .
The hardest part for me was creating all of the ball links - the tips of my fingers were numb for at least two weeks afterwards!
There's a tool for that, you know.

i.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:02 AM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
There's a tool for that, you know.

i.
If you had a beautiful new helicopter sitting in your living room waiting to be built, would you have waited the extra few days? It was totally worth it!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:22 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S9coldfire View Post
If you had a beautiful new helicopter sitting in your living room waiting to be built, would you have waited the extra few days? It was totally worth it!
I agree. But still, if you're into helis you should get the tool... for the next helis you'll have to put together.

i.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:36 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,021 Posts
I remember the numb fingers as well from the T-Rex 500 build. But I have some nice ball-link pliers that do the job well.

Parts are on the way, I should have them tomorrow or Thursday. I haven't had time to start the build yet but I might be able to sneak to the workshop tonight to get some work done. I have to fix the nose gear door on my B-25 first (warbird fly-in on Saturday) so it depends how long that takes.
RCG Plus Member