HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2003
857 Posts
Discussion
F3J in the Desert

In conjunction with the opening of the SWC registration you may also now register for F3J in the Desert. We are allowing 5 man teams this time to allow more entries. The organizer reserves the right to fill your team if you do not fill it yourself. This allows us to maximize participation.

You can use the link on the SWC registration page or register directly at:
http://rmsadenver.com/f3jDesertSWC.htm
We expect this event to fill up quickly, so get your entries in.
Jim
jimsoars is online now Find More Posts by jimsoars
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
phoenix
Joined Jul 2004
1,154 Posts
locked in jim thanks cant wait john
proppy jon is online now Find More Posts by proppy jon
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2003
857 Posts
WOW - 6 of the 10 available teams have been registered so far. Better hurry to lock in your teams!

Jim
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:55 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,311 Posts
Teem MoBros! Lol!

George competed last year and told me how much fun it was so I am going to give it a try. Beware of the neon pink supra, it'll hurt your eyes.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post
Beware of the neon pink supra, it'll hurt your eyes.
As Vladimir told me at the last Visalia Fall Fest, "Only real men fly pink." You are a man amongst boys, Charlie
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:18 PM
Joined Jan 2003
857 Posts
Filling up Fast - Teams are allocated

This has been an outstanding response boys and girls…

All teams have now been allocated. I’m afraid we only have room for 10 lanes and the 10 team slots are now spoken for. Let the fun begin! If you are not already planning on joining one of the existing teams (even if you are signed up) then YOU must now negotiate a place on a team.

The team list with team managers is at:
http://rmsadenver.com/cgi-bin/F3JTeams.pl

YOU must now contact a team that is not full and see if you can fly on their team. Teams that are NOT full by the time that I have exactly 50 entries will be filled by me assigning the remaining pilots to the remaining slots. The managers for each team are listed on the web page. Note that their email address has a ~ in it instead of @ so they don’t get found by spammers. Fix their emails addresses and send them emails to join their teams.

We currently have 33 of the 50 slots committed. I know of several that are pending registrations, but the team knows who is going to fill the slots.

If we get at least 10 pilots on the waiting list, I may change the team size to 6 pilots and fill each team with a member from the waiting list, but that is a last resort.

Good luck..
Jim
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:37 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,742 Posts
I'm signed for my first F3J... I'm stoked... I think... To be honest, another birthday went by not long ago and I don't quite remember what stoked means... bother...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:56 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,163 Posts
Quote:
Teem MoBros! Lol!

Since you foolishly made your team an open Team and due to the fact that no other team wanted me, I "joined" your team after Darwin told me it was open. However, one point I must make. I am ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT going to wear cartoon character PJ bottoms under my shorts. Despite my normal low standards, I must draw the line someplace!!

See you in February!!
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
Joined Jan 2003
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I'm signed for my first F3J... I'm stoked... I think... To be honest, another birthday went by not long ago and I don't quite remember what stoked means... bother...
Nevermind - I saw it come thru now...
Jim
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:53 PM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,405 Posts
Good grief. Little more than 10 hours with all team lanes taken, six teams full and the pilot's list is just shy of full. There's a message there somewhere...FAI in the States, baby!

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:07 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
Since you foolishly made your team an open Team and due to the fact that no other team wanted me, I "joined" your team after Darwin told me it was open. However, one point I must make. I am ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT going to wear cartoon character PJ bottoms under my shorts. Despite my normal low standards, I must draw the line someplace!!

See you in February!!
We are glad to have you!

I was going to say "Teem PJ's" but I realize that's not for everyone.

By now I suspect you knew what you were getting into when you saw our names on there. You sir are a brave man...

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:52 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,163 Posts
Quote:
By now I suspect you knew what you were getting into when you saw our names on there. You sir are a brave man...

Charlie
There is but a thin line between bravery and foolishness!!
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:56 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,767 Posts
Charlie don't indulge my friend Billy.....Here he is trying to play it off like he doesn't go to his closet on Contest Day and pick out the loudest, brightest costume he has hanging there :-)))))))) TNT this weekend Baby!!!!!! Loadin the Ballast and taking up a course of 092.....
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,742 Posts
TNT.... Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it... Sorry the glider vandal can't come... but being a DAD is much more important!

I'm on the Albuquerque F3J team... With me, they'll probably need the rest of you to cut them a little slack... i.e. Be gentle... it's my first time...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
NorCal
Joined Oct 2003
843 Posts
Are TD winches allowed or only F3B winches with mono?
Bob McGowan is offline Find More Posts by Bob McGowan