HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2010, 06:55 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,814 Posts
Discussion
Blade MSR or Nine eagles solo Pro

I had ordered a Nine eagle Solo Pro from Hong Kong a couple weeks ago but was informed recently it was out of stock and the ordered cancelled.
I have a blade MCX2 and really like it so now i'm considering getting the MSR instead of the solo pro.
The transmitter from my MCX2 works with the MSR so I could just get a MSR BNF for $89 shipped.
The solo pro will run me $79 shipped for the whole RTF kit so I wouldn't be saving a whole lot.
Repair parts cost less for the solo pro so thats a plus.
anything else I should consider in making my choice?
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:26 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,641 Posts
With the MSR being priced more realistically now, it can get a tough choice. Spare parts cost is in favor of the SP, and you get a more versatile TX with it, with trim indicators and more info on the display. And the SP looks better, but that is a matter of taste. Sorry I can't help you more, they are both capable helis so you can't really go wrong, no matter what you decide.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:45 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
It's always a good idea to stick with the same brand of receivers, because eventually, you'll want a transmitter that will allow you to store many models. Next step after the small single rotor like the mSr, is the 120Sr, or the Sr, which are both great steps in your learning curve. If you go that route, it won't be long before you'll want a DX6i or a DX7 which will let you fly any of those helis while only carrying one Tx. I've seen a few pilots who carry their DX7 in a very nice case, with include room for the mSr (little foam cut-out).

The only part that break on the mSr is the landing gear. If you don't mind the look, you can glue it back a few times until you really need to buy a new one. A new pilot may need a blade grip or two, but in your case, I don't think it will be needed since you already flew a MCX2
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler