HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2010, 06:27 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Help!
Parkzone Vapor and night Vapor Prop?

I broke my Vapor's Prop a couple of weeks ago and bought a new prop last week. The only problem is the new prop is for the night vapor. I put it on my old vapor and it vibrated too much and did not provide nearly enought thrust. Anyone know why this would happen? The night vapor prop is curved back slightly.
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:58 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,947 Posts
It's the same prop, sounds like you have a bent shaft or you need to ballance the prop.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:41 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
350 Posts
You can take out the prop and run motor to check if the shaft is bent, if its not, you can mark 1 end of the prop to check if its not balance and adjust. I have done it with both of my Vapor, the vapor shaft is not easy to bent so likely the prop out of balance as the plastic is very soft
buratino is offline Find More Posts by buratino
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Parkzone Vapor Prop Troubles (2 min 47 sec)

Heres a video of me comparing the two props
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:57 PM
Parkzone connectors here!!
Joined Oct 2008
321 Posts
looks like your shaft has alot of play. can you screw the small plastis nut thats on the back of the shaft on a little further? or possibly your spur gear was moved a bit on your shaft. may be that its skipping teath?
olmstead25 is offline Find More Posts by olmstead25
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:18 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmstead25 View Post
looks like your shaft has alot of play. can you screw the small plastis nut thats on the back of the shaft on a little further? or possibly your spur gear was moved a bit on your shaft. may be that its skipping teath?
I dont htink its skipping teeth since the shaft is brand new. It may be that the prop is too warped though.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:24 PM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
350 Posts
Your Vapor prop looks very strange to me, I have 2 Vapors and 3 props all looks like the other prop (the one not attached)
buratino is offline Find More Posts by buratino
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:07 AM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
665 Posts
Bacon, Looks to me the prop is on backwords. But I have old eyes.

JCS
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:40 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
Yeah, I thought it might be on backwards too.
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:48 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
I had the same problem. You have to make bend more pitch into the prop. Not to much or the motor will work to hard and burn out.
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:45 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
I had the same exact issue you show in the video replaced prop, shaft and gear, tried to adjust the prop, still had vibration and just enough thrust to fly straight and level. I replaced the motor and that was the trick - everything is fun again. Read a lot about these motors, either they slowly die (lose thrust) or give up the ghost all at once.
mike.miller151 is offline Find More Posts by mike.miller151