HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:14 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,129 Posts
Just want to make sure this is the same as a Haoye. Thanks!

http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...roducts_id=209
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
Yep, looks to be the same fan unit to me.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:37 AM
Been there , Crashed that
Joined Mar 2010
104 Posts
ya there the same i got mine in the mail today from lowpricerc . anybody use the slow shipping from hobbycity? seems to be taking a long time to get my motors.
ca_fingers is offline Find More Posts by ca_fingers
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:26 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
They have been slow on my last orders as well, 2-3 weeks to get stuff, and not much faster with express shipping either. Does not help much if the transit time is 2 days shorter when it still takes them over a week from order is put in until it actually ships out of HK.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:03 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,129 Posts
Tam's gear would not be strong enogh for this plane would it? Assuming the mounting rails were modded to fit. Just loking to see if I can shave some weight. Which spring airs are you guys using. I'd like you be able to use Tams truts with whatever gear I go with since I fly off grass.

Thanks!

Brian
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:12 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
I am using 102's
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,925 Posts
I'm using Robart Air 510 Mains & 514 Nose Gear.

I'm going to give these struts a shot.

http://www.sdshobby.net/antivibratio...ne-p-3013.html

I don't like the look of straight struts coming off this plane, it just doesn't look right to me. Plus the nose wheel always hangs out of the plane with a straight strut because the rail is flush with the bottom of the plane rather than inset like it should be. I guess you could replace the rails and insert them. But with these spring hinged struts the wheel will go all the way in with the stock rails.

Of course, using them as mains means I've got to mod the wing wheel wells. But they look cool, so I'm gonna give it a shot. And the price is right.

It seems like these would be better for grass flying because it eliminates the shearing forces that straight gear experience.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Wind_of_Change; Mar 18, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:18 PM
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
521 Posts
falcon 120

Hello,
Its been a while since i posted on here just been lurking watching and getting ideas,Thanks to Lee liddle i have gone out and got a second hand un flown falcon with robart retracts and the faint smell of Jet A1with the intention of using the same if not similar setup,main problem in the Uk is sourcing suitable fans and motors off the shelf at affordable costswe can get some of the high end fans but budget is my limit at the moment.I also need to stick with 10s setups as i have a good stock of batterys and suitable charging equipment , so has any one tried this setup on 10s? or can an alternative motor be used?,
I already have a suitable plug<wifes flower vase> to make a composite nacelle just need the motive power?
Also has anyone got a edf and motor for sale that will work?
my budget is approx 400 pounds for motor, fan and esc
cheers Euan and also a thanks to Lee for starting this thread and for answering my pms
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:31 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,500 Posts
Nice nacelle plug you`ve got there Euan! Better not let Momma catch you smearing fiberglass all over it. LOL
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:40 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,500 Posts
6mm Collet adapter

Here`s what I found at the LHS this morning. It`s a 6mm collet adapter from Great Planes ElectriFly with a 5/16"-24 thread output shaft. It looks almost identical to the adapter that we were getting from EJF, but there`s one advantage.

Since it has the 5/16" output, it can be shimmed with two layers of brass tubing that`s readily available at any hobby shop and most hardware stores too. One piece of 5/16" ID tubing and one piece the next size up which has an OD of 3/8" and you have the perfect shim.

Here`s a pic of the one I just bought already with a shim in place on it. Also the lable, so that you guys can get the same part.
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Knife Liddle; Mar 20, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:22 PM
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jan 2005
2,285 Posts
The adapter that George made is the nut

Great work !!!

g_houpt@hotmail.com
Air Head is offline Find More Posts by Air Head
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:11 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
I used a 6 mm/10 mm adapter and bored up the Turbax to 10 mm. That also a possible solution.
Samjet is offline Find More Posts by Samjet
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:47 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,925 Posts
I thought the hole in the Turbax WAS a 10mm hole. Is it bigger than that?

I just told George to make me whatever works for this setup. Hopefully he gets it right.

I've got the 5" Haoye I was going to use, and sure enough, the spinner from the 5" Haoye works nicely on the Turbax. So that's a relief.

My Turbax fan came on Saturday (fast!), so just a few more parts left and I can get going.

I followed your examples here and ran down to WalMart to look for possible shapes for a vent mold. Found three different vases that looked like good candidates, each under $15, so I got them all. But when I got back and compared them with the 5" AirSally nacelle, I realized the size of the exhaust hole was going to be too large on two of them.

I need to go back and see if anybody has discussed the ideal size of the exhaust hole, and the length of the funnel. Anybody want to clue me and save me some reading time?
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:34 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,263 Posts
the Turbax will fit in my Nacelle ....i just need to make a turbax sized inlet ring . or you can have the turbax shroud turned down to fit. K mart is loving you guys .
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
Matrix 90 & 100mm sport jet
Merritt Island Fl
Joined Aug 2008
1,046 Posts
Wally World around these parts of the woods
Getmore Rc is offline Find More Posts by Getmore Rc