HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by namg_engr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:17 PM
USA, CA, Morgan Hill
Joined Oct 2010
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Swift 800 V-Tail RC R/C Composite Sailplane Glider

For sale is a Mark Allen Design vintage Swift 800 V-Tail glider. This sailplane has a wing area of 800 sq. inches. Wing Span: 98" with polyhedral tips. Wing is 9.5 inches at the root and 7 inches at the tip (where the tips start to tilt upward). V-Tail is 90 degrees, 5.5 inches at root and 3.5 inches at tip and each are 12 inches long. Airfoil is S3014. Wing construction is Obeechi Sheet over expaned bead foam (1.5 lb density) with unidirectional carbon fiber reinforcement above and below the spar. Wing is covered with Ultracote. Fuselage is epoxy glass with kevlar reinforcement. Fuse is 44" long. This planes overall condition is good and is structurally sound - never crashed. Flying weight with micro radio is about 60 oz. All linkages are installed as well as four Airtronics microservos in the wing and one in the fuse. Tow hook is installed and this plane can handle zoom winch launches. This sailplane is Ready to Fly (ARF) just install battery pack and receiver. Requires basic 4-ch. radio or computer radio. Wing is one-piece so shipping is not an option. This sailplane is super easy to fly and just right for the intermediate flyer who doesn't want to spend the countless hours assembling the model.

I'm selling this sailplane because I've been inactive in the hobby for the past 17+ years.

If interested, please email me to make arrangements to inspect this model at my residence.

Local Pickup only in Morgan Hill CA.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Price: $325
namg_engr is offline Find More Posts by namg_engr
to remove ads between posts