Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:01 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Discussion
If you could have only one plane - which would it be?

The title is pretty self explanatory, if you were only allowed one plane, one plane only, which would it be. No cheating and finding loopholes, just one plane. Answers on a postcard please
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:07 AM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,367 Posts
Satellite 1000 with K&B .40
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:45 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Can't do it. One plane doesn't cover it all.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:33 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,347 Posts
No one plane ever covers it all, so if you could have only one what would it be?

For me, I already have it. It's the Great Planes Reactor 3D. It's the .46 size mono version. (I think they should have given the Bipe a different name.) Anyway, It will fly pattern and 3D both quite well when set up properly on the radio. It lands well so it's good for shooting touch-n-goes. It looks great too. I absolutely love mine.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,587 Posts
Hi,

I would probably go with my E-Flight PT-19. I can fly her just about anywhere, she looks beautiful in the air, and can fly either slow, scale like, or do great aerobatics with the Park 480.

Also, they are on sale at Horizon right now for $69.99. I bought two spares to back up my original that keeps going on strong.......

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
Birmingham (UK)
Joined Sep 2010
342 Posts
I would design my own plane from scratch, which could take different wing configurations (high wing, low wing, swept etc) and different engine configs so I could fly with a single engine, or twin engines, or even 4 engines.

Is it cheating? Maybe. But if I was forced to have only one plane, this is what I would do.

Actually, I might do this anyway for my next project!
ulogix is offline Find More Posts by ulogix
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:41 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
A Jack Frost Flutter-By! Indoors in winter, to outdoors in 20mph winds, low and slow to high alpha hover and balistic vertical departures. Only 3 channels but the most aerobatic 3 channel there is.

Mild to Wild sums it up. Designed, built and test flown by the master himself before shipping it to you RXR, if only all designers cared this much.

It's with a look and has a great flight envelope!! That's my keeper!

Mags
Magnumb is offline Find More Posts by Magnumb
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
GWS Tiger Moth 400 Bipe
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:14 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Hi,

I would probably go with my E-Flight PT-19. I can fly her just about anywhere, she looks beautiful in the air, and can fly either slow, scale like, or do great aerobatics with the Park 480.

Also, they are on sale at Horizon right now for $69.99. I bought two spares to back up my original that keeps going on strong.......

Mickydee
I second that. I bought a spare also. Plenty of power with a 450 and super long flight times with a 2200mAh. Although if I ONLY had to keep one it would probably be the Mini Ultra Stick. Handles the wind great.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:21 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
London, Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,979 Posts
probably a small foamy warbird. something with a decent speed range, that has a reasonable stable of aerobatic ability - loops, rolls, stall turns, inverted, spins(maybe).

if i had to, i could let go of 3d maneuvers pretty easily.
larsy87 is offline Find More Posts by larsy87
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:43 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,505 Posts
At the moment it would have to be my E-Flite Mini-Edge 540. From not being at all the sort of model that I'd fly,she quickly became my favourite, so much so that I had to get another one from eBay, just in case I lost the first. Smashing model that always gets a trip to the field and always gets flown.

leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:44 PM
**** 37130 ****
Joined Aug 2007
1,781 Posts
My Sebart Angel 50E would be the last one I would part with. Just move the CG and it does it all 3D, Pattern and all round sportster. Looks sweet too!
RobC(UK) is offline Find More Posts by RobC(UK)
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:23 PM
Miami, Florida
Joined May 2004
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lberry.88 View Post
The title is pretty self explanatory, if you were only allowed one plane, one plane only, which would it be. No cheating and finding loopholes, just one plane. Answers on a postcard please
It must be me you're talking about I only keep one plane at a time and this one pretty much accomplishes everything I wanted to do. Slow & low, fast RBAR style, 3D, pattern, occasional chase the glow trainer, etc...

GoRgOyL is offline Find More Posts by GoRgOyL
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:52 PM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
I cant decide

ford f47
ford f47 is offline Find More Posts by ford f47
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:32 PM
"World's Foremost Authority"
South Central Texas
Joined Aug 2009
582 Posts
Air Flair Sundancer 40. Call it a Clark Kent. A real wolf in sheeps clothing.
TP
Tepid Pilot is online now Find More Posts by Tepid Pilot