HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:39 AM
USA, CA, San Carlos
Joined Nov 2007
1,332 Posts
Discussion
Will Home Depot special order pink FFF?

I've heard that some Home Depot stores carry 1/4" green and/or pink foam. None of their locations within an hour drive seem to have it. I think I still have a mail-order source for blue PBIII, but I'd like to try out the pink stuff. How much does a bundle of 1/4" pink FFF cost? Will Home Depot order just a single bundle for me to pick up at the store? I know I could just call and ask - but you guys probably know that the employees at big department stores don't always have the answers and/or don't know who to direct you to.

- Jeff
jkarnacki is offline Find More Posts by jkarnacki
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2010, 04:50 AM
Happy2ndChildhood
London Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
1,361 Posts
Maybe yes, maybe no. I find smaller family owned lumber stores are much better at catering to us. I use a small family run lumber store in Michigan that from time to time I will call and have them order in some fff for me when I need it. They had not even heard of it till they met me, but unlike the big box stores they will do what they have to, to please the customer. Just something to keep in mind if Home Depot is not especially helpful.
Don McGill is offline Find More Posts by Don McGill
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:18 AM
United States, MA, Medfield
Joined Jul 2010
831 Posts
Lowes as Dow (blue) PBIII 1/4" fan fold but not all have it in stock. I asked at one and you could order it and pick it up there no charge. But the other Lowes in my area carries it so I got it there.

The HD near me carries the pink owens-corning FFF but I believe it is 3/8" nominal, not 1/4". If yours doesn't carry it and you want it, ask if they'll bring in a bundle. They may do the order and pick up in the store thing just like Lowes. I bet if their distribution warehouse carries it you can get it.
learn2turn is offline Find More Posts by learn2turn
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:49 PM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Check HD's website. A lot of stores will let you order on-line, and have it delivered to your nearest store for pick-up.
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Oct 27, 2010, 04:54 PM
USA, CA, San Carlos
Joined Nov 2007
1,332 Posts
Well I never checked in with Home Depot to find out if they would special order because I wasn't too keen about going through a lot of trouble just to find some foam that doesn't seem to be very popular.

So i used the blulinx website to find distributors of DOW products. I called 6 different building suppliers and a couple of them even called blulinx for me, but they had no idea what fanfold foam was. (I asked about PBIII and High Perf.). They said it might be an east coast thing - sure enough I checked the blulinx site again and they specifically stated that Dow ISO board was distributed nationwide EAST of the rockies.

In complete desperation I checked the Lowes website for the hundredth time and, to my surprise, found 1/4" fanfold sheathing in stock (I called to double-check). As I type my sister tells me her new job is in Dublin, so she'll pick it up for me.

- Jeff
jkarnacki is offline Find More Posts by jkarnacki