SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by KeithLuneau, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:30 AM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
For Sale
Clod Crawler, receiver ready, $200 + shipping or trade!

It's a new old stock NN chassis, carbon fiber one.
Clod axles were some used ones that I rebuilt with new cases, bearings, metal spools etc.
The motors are 55T HPI Crawler motors, with stock size steel pinions.
It's got a new RC4WD Outcry dual motor ESC with literally two runs on it.
BEC is the "Turbo BEC" that comes with the Outcry ESC.
Wires are soldered directly to the motors, BEC and power switch are wired up and in place.
Battery connector is an Anderson Power Pole, I can proved a matching one that's unused if you need it. (Or solder up a Deans adapter)
Has a Hitec 1/4 scale HS-700BB steering servo mounted to an Integy axle brace with some little plates added to widen the posts for the larger servo.
Tires and wheels are from a 1/6th scale Nylint Jeep, bolts on with no mods to the axles.
I've got the stock clod wheel adapters as well.
Shocks are Traxxas Big Bore aluminum shocks with aluminum spacers to limit travel, can be removed.
Bottom plate of the chassis has the ends bent up to keep the battery from sliding out, I used a velcro strap to hold it down as seen in the pictures.

Rear steering linkage is there, but I've got it locked now. It's just locked by removing the spacers (washers) under the kingpin screws on the rear axle. Surprisingly this seems to hold up great for the light running I did. Put the washers back and mount a servo for rear steering, or make a lockout plate to lock it for good!

The tube work is done very well, not sure who did it though. It's tubing, not solid, and looks to be brazed if I had to guess. It was painted orange when I got it, I stripped the orange and found white underneath. The stripper I had didn't touch the white, so I painted it red over that, and the red is chipping already. Scratches easy, should probably redo it.

It's only been run about 4 times since I put it all together, twice with this ESC in it. Some light scratches on the bottom of the axles and chassis, otherwise looks almost new!

WILL NOT INCLUDE THE RECEIVER OR BATTERY! Call this one "receiver ready", drop in your receiver, plug in your battery, and go.

Just looking for something different. Trades could be just about anything r/c related, plane/heli, even boats... Open for ideas! (Would love a start for a quad-copter!)

$200 + shipping or trade.

I've got feedback here, Scale4x4RC, and eBay. (eBay username "keith_luneau")

It will ship with the wheels removed to fit in a smaller box, just bolt them back on! There's a few spares that will go with it as well... The cases are the old ones that were on the axles before they were rebuilt. They're not the best, but would be better than nothing if you needed them!

KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:03 PM
theres notn duct tape cant fix
USA, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jul 2009
833 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
interested in my rustler or stampede ad?
TRAXXAS DEMO is offline Find More Posts by TRAXXAS DEMO
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:40 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Not really, I just got a brushless Slash like a week and half ago...

Looking more towards a scale boat, maybe another plane, scale trucks, something along those lines. No nitro and no onroad.
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau