HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:04 PM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
314 Posts
Discussion
Sky Angel 50mm EDF T-33 Shooting Star

My SkyAngel T-33 has been ordered but hasn't made it into my sweaty little hands yet. I tried to glean some info about it from Bajora's now-huge "50mm Jets from JPower" thread but it now covers several different models. This is intended as a dedicated thread on the T-33.

From the skyangelrc.com website:

Quote:
Specifications:

Wing Span 30-4/5"
Length: 26-4/5"
Flying Weight: 13-3/5 oz.(385 g)
Wing load: 56.6 g / dm2
Transmitter: 4CH
Servo: 3*8g,1.0-1.3kg/cm,0.12s/60
Battery : 11.1V 850mAh(20C) Li-PO battery
KIT/ARF/RTF: RTF
I'm really excited about this plane: I don't think there's been an affordable T-33 model since Kyosho's version ten years ago.

Share your experience with the stock and replacement power systems (for instance the Don's RC Wicked 6000 / Wemotec fan combo described in Don's conversion thread), CofG, modifications, graphic schemes, hand and bungee launching and so on.

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
Last edited by dghutt; May 20, 2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: updated links
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Joined Dec 2005
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghutt View Post
My SkyAngel T-33 has been ordered but hasn't made it into my sweaty little hands yet. I tried to glean some info about it from Bajora's now-huge "50mm Jets from JPower" thread but it now covers several different models. This is intended as a dedicated thread on the T-33.

From the SkyAngelRC website:

I'm really excited about this plane: I don't think there's been an affordable T-33 model since Kyosho's version ten years ago. I'm interested in everyone's experience with the stock and replacement power systems (for instance the Ron's RC Wicked 6000 / Wemotec fan combo), CofG, modifications and graphic schemes. I plan to put mine into RCAF colours from the 1960's as soon as possible. Let's talk!

Dave
Hi Dave,
I have just put an order for Don's set 6000/wemotec fan and will order the T33 later-just thinking can you order the T33 without the motor and servos ? I would like to see the process for putting the Don's set in her-let me know how you get on.
Paul
redtail is offline Find More Posts by redtail
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:52 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,998 Posts
I will be doing my build thread shortly. I would have started already but ran out of ESCs, so I have to wait a few days!

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:04 PM
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
314 Posts
Fantastic Don - looking forward to your build.

Paul - I bought from the x-flight site which sells the kit with everything but the radio system. I thought I saw parts on the site sufficient to assemble an airframe but can't find them now. When I browsed the parts, however, I could not find prices or any way to order them.

D
Last edited by dghutt; Oct 14, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:18 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,278 Posts
Stock model flies very nicely as is but I do have one of Don's set ups waiting for me when I get home! I bought the stock T-33 with me from Florida to Colorado for it's maiden and it is fine at 5,500 ft so should be even better at sea level.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:21 PM
Western Canada
Joined Jul 2010
31 Posts
Also have one on order from x-flight, couldn't wait for a month or more for BH, it was cheaper this way as well. Have only been able to find the RTF version anywhere I've looked. I also haven't been able to find out the size of the stock motor, if anyone knows, please share! Curious as well about the servos, BH claims 2, x-flight says 3, I really hope there is one for each aileron and one for the elevator but I can't tell for sure from the pictures.

Edit: I'll take the skyangel specs above-3 servos, thanks. Gotta read things first...
vhannah is offline Find More Posts by vhannah
Last edited by vhannah; Oct 14, 2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
waiting on mine to arrive ,as with most of my minis I'll fly this one stock also ,they fly great,I did drop in a wicked 5400 in the f=18 big difference yes but stock does a good job.even th crappy servos everyone is so afraid of hold up fine I have yet to expierience a bad servo in any of my stock planes and I got a bunch of em.
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:24 PM
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhannah View Post
Curious as well about the servos, BH claims 2, x-flight says 3, I really hope there is one for each aileron and one for the elevator but I can't tell for sure from the pictures.
If you look at Bajora's pictures of the kit here it looks like you get one servo per aileron with a "Y" joiner for the Rx. It also seems to confirm no rudder, and it looks like the split elevator uses separate pushrods...

Dave
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:52 PM
Western Canada
Joined Jul 2010
31 Posts
Good eye Dave, thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:40 AM
Joined Dec 2005
700 Posts
Quote:
Fantastic Don - looking forward to your build.

Paul - I bought from the x-flight site which sells the kit with everything but the radio system. I thought I saw parts on the site sufficient to assemble an airframe but can't find them now. When I browsed the parts, however, I could not find prices or any way to order them.

D
Hi D,
I had a look at the X-Flight site as well and could only find the ARTF T33,I will order it anyway and take the stock engine out.I have the AMX which flies well stock and the servos work fine,will leave them in. I have watched the videos of Bajora's T33 with Don's set up - I tend to like my planes with some extra power,I think this is demostrated well with the underarm launch with Don's set-up. Will look forward to Don's thread on his build-think he's going to install a thrust tube?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:45 AM
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
314 Posts
An update on my order from X-Flight: I placed it at about 4pm my time yesterday, and by midnight received a Hong Kong Post confirmation that it was "in transit." That's some pretty expedient service!

I'm planning to try the plane stock before making any significant mods. I've always erred on the side of extra power too, but recently have been thinking maybe I'm not putting enough emphasis on keeping weight down. Also I already have a few high-discharge 1000mah 3S packs I think will work well with the stock power set-up. We'll see though... I'm interested in Don's build as well.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:41 AM
Western Canada
Joined Jul 2010
31 Posts
Same here on the x-flight order, they suggest 3-4 days now until delivery, that's impressive. I'm interested to see how it's packaged, everything I've gotten from HK/china has arrived very well packed (shipping priced accordingly) and in 100% condition. Not so much from most of my NA continent experience and still more expensive to ship!

Anyways, I'll be staying stock as well for the time being, perhaps when an airframe kit comes up for sale at a good price-then I'll go for the big power. I really just want that beautiful T-33 in the air!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:31 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,998 Posts
Got my ESCs in today so the T33 build in on!!!!

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:14 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Quote:
If you look at Bajora's pictures of the kit here it looks like you get one servo per aileron with a "Y" joiner for the Rx. It also seems to confirm no rudder, and it looks like the split elevator uses separate pushrods...

Dave
Correct, one servo for each aileron, one for the elevator, no rudder. I bought it as an ARF and the left servo aileron servo burned out on the 5th flight so I changed them all to HS 55's. Mine is still stock but flies great on a 25C 1300 MaH Pack. I get about 7 minutes of flight time. Only downfall is that it can be a pain in the butt to hand launch as it takes a while to get on step and if you get slow it WILL STALL and takes a few feet to recover so be on your game...
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:29 AM
Joined Dec 2005
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer View Post
Correct, one servo for each aileron, one for the elevator, no rudder. I bought it as an ARF and the left servo aileron servo burned out on the 5th flight so I changed them all to HS 55's. Mine is still stock but flies great on a 25C 1300 MaH Pack. I get about 7 minutes of flight time. Only downfall is that it can be a pain in the butt to hand launch as it takes a while to get on step and if you get slow it WILL STALL and takes a few feet to recover so be on your game...
Nice flying shots you have there Boomer ! Thanks for the heads up on the launch and stall warning. I won't bother with the stock set-up will put Don's motor in her. I have just finished and maidened a Flyrc A7 Corsair which takes a few seconds to get going but once on the step flies well but hate the few seconds after launch.