HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by A Useless Geek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:40 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
Discussion
SDXS #1 is Getting Old, Quick

So, it may be time to retire #1 pretty soon. It still flies really well when I don't put it into a fence post or a mailbox or tree or some other stupid obstruction to flight. Why do people put mailboxes out in front of their houses anyway? And on a post sticking up out of the ground where they can get in the way of an R/C plane? Dumb.

Fortunately I have a bunch more SDXSs on the way.

Later:

Okay, so I couldn't bring myself to retire #1 just yet. Instead I tacked on a bamboo brace across the wings and added a bunch more area to the control surfaces. Net result: like a new (albeit slightly heavier) aircraft. With good batteries this thing does wild and crazy stuff, as well as or better than the later ones. Now I'm thinking that I have to revisit all my plane designs and try them with stupidly large control surfaces to see if they'll improve.

Bah. I hate R/C airplanes. What a pain.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Last edited by A Useless Geek; Feb 22, 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Remove video link; not using YouTube any more
to remove ads between posts