HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:15 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
m3 matt,
1) The replacement mount is the same material, but does NOT seem to be breaking. (I just snapped a 12*4 apc-e this morning flying in wind I shouldn't have flown the plane in LoL!)
2) Nearly any replacement prop will help with the vibes. APC-E's are quoted commonly because they're easy to find (As opposed to say xoar, etc)
3) Many of us have no problems after months of flying on stock servos, some people seem to be burning them out in a hurry. (Take it or leave it, but IMHO the servo's are not Airtronics/Sanwa quality, but they are better than most of the ultra low end chinese mess floating around. About like Hitec's in my book.)
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:40 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
1,005 Posts
Quote:
(Take it or leave it, but IMHO the servo's are not Airtronics/Sanwa quality, but they are better than most of the ultra low end chinese mess floating around. About like Hitec's in my book.)
Let see if we get a response from this thread on your statement, "About like Hitec's in my book." You need some technical advice... and understanding..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:58 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
Let see if we get a response from this thread on your statement, "About like Hitec's in my book." You need some technical advice... and understanding..
Are you two really going to start this debate all over again? What's the point?
xxxcellarator is offline Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:03 PM
Sky Pilot
Joined Feb 2004
1,005 Posts
xxxcellarator, chill out. let the thread decide..
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:12 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
I'm pretty chill . just sayin... This is literally a deja-vu.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:38 AM
Angry Flyer!
washington state
Joined Oct 2008
383 Posts
pics, video of flights, flight tips... these are some of the things I'm more interested in.
jriley1974 is offline Find More Posts by jriley1974
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:48 AM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
778 Posts
Off subject a bit but my cz came with the 4 long screws for the wings and elevator but one was shouldered and had about 1/4" of thread on the end. The other 3 were threaded from top to bottom. Are they all supposed to have shoulders to prevent over tightening or are they all supposed to be completely threaded? The reason I ask is because both sides of my elevator screw attachments seemed stripped when I snugged them up.I couldn't get the screw to back out or tighten so I opened the plastic attachment piece on the bottom of the elevators. I found that the threaded brass "nut" that is recessed into the plastic pieces had pulled up and out of the plastic. I'm thinking that if the two attachment screws had been of the shouldered type it would have prevented the screw from pulling the brass "nut" out of the plastic piece.

Also, does anyone know the brand name of the white rubbery glue that is used on the servos?

Thanks
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:52 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post
Off subject a bit but my cz came with the 4 long screws for the wings and elevator but one was shouldered and had about 1/4" of thread on the end. The other 3 were threaded from top to bottom. Are they all supposed to have shoulders to prevent over tightening or are they all supposed to be completely threaded? The reason I ask is because both sides of my elevator screw attachments seemed stripped when I snugged them up.I couldn't get the screw to back out or tighten so I opened the plastic attachment piece on the bottom of the elevators. I found that the threaded brass "nut" that is recessed into the plastic pieces had pulled up and out of the plastic. I'm thinking that if the two attachment screws had been of the shouldered type it would have prevented the screw from pulling the brass "nut" out of the plastic piece.

Also, does anyone know the brand name of the white rubbery glue that is used on the servos?

Thanks
You are suppose to get 3 shouldered screws and 3 fully threaded screws with the Kit. But you are suppose to use only 2 shouldered and 2 fully threaded screws, the remaining 2 are for spare.

I can't remember which screws go where, but search through this thread, it's mentioned somewhere.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:55 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
Ok, I just did a quick search... The fully threaded screws are for the wings and the shouldered screws are for the elevator halves.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:20 AM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
778 Posts
Thanks xxx- I was afraid that was the way it should have been. I'll check the manual, maybe I missed the part that stated which screws are to be used where. I should be old enough and wise enough by now to know that when I suspect that something is wrong then there is something wrong. Appreciate your help.
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:23 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
Your welcome crobar. And don't worry, you didn't miss anything in the manual, and your not the first to run into this problem. I'm sure there are TONS of customers who had this issue because it definitely isn't mentioned in the manual.
It's actually one of the comments that were made regarding the manual in the Carbon Z review on RCGroups.

Although I kinda figured the shouldered screws had to go in the tail when I was putting my Yak together, I still had to come to this thread to re-assure myself.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 10:37 AM
Joined Apr 2011
6 Posts
Anyone know where I can find a new fuselage???...Everywhere I check they are out of stock...
jrgnd is offline Find More Posts by jrgnd
Old Jul 09, 2011, 10:39 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post

Thanks
I don't YET own the CZ (looking hard at it or the Extra 300 in the next week or two) but HH uses a lot of that white stuff, looks to me to be some sort of silcone based adhesive ... anyone found something like it?

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:02 PM
Sky Pilot
Joined Feb 2004
1,005 Posts
I had a elevator horn come loose in my CZ Yak, had an aileron horn crack and break due to to brittle plastic, and discovered the white silicon material wasn't a very good adhesive. So, I removed all four horns, and replaced them with plywood horns, and epoxied them in.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:27 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
I had a elevator horn come loose in my CZ Yak, had an aileron horn crack and break due to to brittle plastic, and discovered the white silicon material wasn't a very good adhesive. So, I removed all four horns, and replaced them with plywood horns, and epoxied them in.
I had the exact same thing happen to me to the ailerons. I removed the small screw and bolt to make some fine adjustments to the clevis, and when i put the nut and bolt back on I only tightened them untill the nut made contact with the plastic, then maybe 1/8 of a turn more. So barely snug. Then while I was working on the rest of the plane, one aileron horn just disintegrated, then the other one did too.

I've fixed the ailerons and left the elevator and rudder horns. I'm hopeing they will hold up.

But honestly, they used the crapiest plastic I have ever seen on the horns.