HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:34 PM
lawndart aerobatic ace!
Joplin, Misery
Joined Mar 2007
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
just got home from a quick trip to my LHS to pick up some stuff I'd ordered and guess what they got in today... (3) Carbon-Z Yaks!! two BNF's and a PNP

ooooh man was it hard to not take one of them home with me aaarrrghh
(I'm waiting on the ParkZone P-47)
Gonna have a little more of a wait, my LHS said the p-47's had been pushed back to after christmas now. They could still show up before, but they told me not to hold my breath.
gr8taz nitro is offline Find More Posts by gr8taz nitro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:58 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,195 Posts
but there's this......

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Believe what you like but we did incoming QA on a few airplanes yesterday before the snow hit. Looking really good for shipping in the US next week.

and this.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
Hey all.

The P-47 is shipping from Horizon Hobby to dealers today!!

You should start seeing them on the shelves as soon as the weekend or early next week.

Thanks

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby

I am in denial I guess and I am remaining hopeful it'll be at my LHS next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8taz nitro View Post
Gonna have a little more of a wait, my LHS said the p-47's had been pushed back to after christmas now. They could still show up before, but they told me not to hold my breath.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:31 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,256 Posts
Well, they did start shipping yesterday, with more going out the door today. But this is a Yak4 thread...
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2010, 01:32 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,195 Posts
Dave... have I told you lately that I love you??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Well, they did start shipping yesterday, with more going out the door today. But this is a Yak4 thread...
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:01 PM
O.G. Pro Bro
Louisville, Ky
Joined Aug 2003
18 Posts
Here's a few mins of me test flying the Carbon Z Yak. I received my new bird on Monday and test flew it in 20+mph winds. The video is footage from the 2nd day during much calmer winds.

My overall rating on the plane if 4 stars so far. Added two quarters to the tail (make shift CG adjustment) and it seemed a little better. I suspect a little more tail weight and she'll behave just as Quique's does in their video.

TR's can be a handful with this bird. She wraps up fast and tight! Be on your toes when you point her vertical with zero airspeed. I started with about 40% expo on 100% rates and found the rudder to be un-responsive enough. I tried lowering the rudder expo down to 25 and it's much better. Still needing to tweak the settings and CG just a bit for my liking but overall she's a winner in my book.

Day 2 - Hobby World Yak 54 Carbon Z - Scott Kimball (5 min 54 sec)
tailspnr is offline Find More Posts by tailspnr
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Very nice!! Thanks for posting!! Looks like u guys down south only got half the snow we got up here near Cinci!! Just doesnt make very good flying wx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailspnr View Post
Here's a few mins of me test flying the Carbon Z Yak. I received my new bird on Monday and test flew it in 20+mph winds. The video is footage from the 2nd day during much calmer winds.

My overall rating on the plane if 4 stars so far. Added two quarters to the tail (make shift CG adjustment) and it seemed a little better. I suspect a little more tail weight and she'll behave just as Quique's does in their video.

TR's can be a handful with this bird. She wraps up fast and tight! Be on your toes when you point her vertical with zero airspeed. I started with about 40% expo on 100% rates and found the rudder to be un-responsive enough. I tried lowering the rudder expo down to 25 and it's much better. Still needing to tweak the settings and CG just a bit for my liking but overall she's a winner in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBhud_ivYUg
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:47 PM
O.G. Pro Bro
Louisville, Ky
Joined Aug 2003
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
Very nice!! Thanks for posting!! Looks like u guys down south only got half the snow we got up here near Cinci!! Just doesnt make very good flying wx.

Dude, you should see the video from Monday's test flights. 15 degree weather with 20+ mph winds. MISERABLE!!!!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
O.G. Pro Bro
Louisville, Ky
Joined Aug 2003
18 Posts
FYI, the P-47 Thunderbolts hit the Louisville Hobby Stores today! Assuming they had them on order.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:54 PM
lawndart aerobatic ace!
Joplin, Misery
Joined Mar 2007
407 Posts
Really nice flight. Thanks for posting the video. A couple of guys are telling me I'm nuts for wanting the yak over the extra 32E that I have now. Nothing wrong with the extra, but it's more a pattern precision plane versus a throw it around plane like the yak is looking to be. I could care less that it's foam versus balsa like my extra. I'd have em both but the wife says no.

I went by the LHS to look at the yak again and they told me the 47's would be in Monday.
gr8taz nitro is offline Find More Posts by gr8taz nitro
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:00 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,195 Posts
great vid to wet our whistles!

I have already made room/hangers in the hangar for both the P-47 and the Yakity Yak.... 47 first then Yakity sometime in January....
someone pass me a napkin <droooooool>
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:58 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
here
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,195 Posts
heheh.... thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
here
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:19 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
killer video man!

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBhud_ivYUg

thanks for sharing GReat Flying.

fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:34 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,392 Posts
Quote:

What batteries did you use? Thanks
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:47 AM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
didn't know there is two treads for this plane.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft