HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:23 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Yeah I saw that in your thread Terry and that helped me decide which one to get. Guess I will finally get to actually use your mount. I hadn't had a chance to install it yet when the "Big One" happened. I should have the new parts tomorrow so hopefully I will get it back up in the air this weekend.
Good luck with the rebuild. Hopefully it all goes back together well and you can get some good flights out of it.

Terry
sotog is offline Find More Posts by sotog
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:17 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
Well I'm not waiting for HH to get back so I talked to my LHS and they suggest taking a piece of aircraft plywood to the bottom bracket and using that. Well goin to give it a try post of pics later tonight if I get a chance to work on it.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:32 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
1,001 Posts
Well, after following the exceptional advice of our own alucard0822, I started the process to replace all the servos on my virgin CZ YAK 54, with the now acclaimed HiTec 82MG's. First up were the ailerons. I dug out the stock servos, and reamed out the area to accept the new '82MG's as specified by alucard0822. After I hooked up the servo linkage to each servo arm, I noticed that at EACH aileron horn, the linkage had broke off the tip of EACH aileron HORN! CHEAP PLASTIC AILERON HORNS, NOT QUALITY NYLON HORNS. WHEN WILL THIS CARNAGE STOP?? THIS IS BEFORE I APPLIED ANY POWER TO THE SERVOS! EFlight just introduced a new airplane today.. I will not buy another..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:07 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
I'm with you four stroke...Hawking all my stuff now and trying to decide between the PA Katana and 51" Slick.

ps Thanks for not buying that 42" Slick
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:14 PM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
I'm with you four stroke...Hawking all my stuff now and trying to decide between the PA Katana and 51" Slick.
slick, slick, slick, slick....

To stay on topic -- every Carbon-Z Yak I saw at SEFF today had the stock e-flite servos in them.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
Make UAVs, not drones! ;-)
Vancouver, BC Canada...eh!
Joined Feb 2010
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
slick, slick, slick, slick....

To stay on topic -- every Carbon-Z Yak I saw at SEFF today had the stock e-flite servos in them.
What else would they come with? They can't have one version for sale and another for show. The problems are random and maybe the batch they have is fine.
jazzboy is offline Find More Posts by jazzboy
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:09 AM
Hungary
Joined Oct 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjunkie View Post
ps thanks for not buying that 42" slick
lol
george2 is offline Find More Posts by george2
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:12 AM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
ok i got the wood glued on and it seams to be holding very well, just got to get some blue paint and a slighty longer screw.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:26 AM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
1,001 Posts
Quote:
ps Thanks for not buying that 42" Slick
Your right, I looked at and didn't buy it..

I did buy that a really nice 51 " AJ SLICK with all Hacker equipment
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:59 AM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
I was going to check that today. Now I don't have to, thanks!
mustang347 is offline Find More Posts by mustang347
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:22 AM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Congrats on the 51" Slick! I'll own one of those as well one day.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
ok guy's, I will landing my Yak 54 yesterday and at about 5' off the ground the elevator just fell off of it !!! It landed with only a few minor scrapes, but what the hell happened????

I picked up a new stab set today from my lhs. I'm thinkin just pull the rod hinges out and just put some good dubro hinges back in their place.
What do ya'll think of that idea??
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:49 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Bet Robart hinges would work real nicely on all the surfaces.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:59 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
yeah, I'm kinda thinkin the same thing sj
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:43 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
716 Posts
Go or No Go on the Yak

Well I've been following this thread for awhile since I've been thinking of getting the Yak 54 after it came out. Really like the idea of the foam construction. Kind of eases your fear of crashing but now with all the reported issues I'm reconsiderring on getting one. I already have a 3DHS 41" Edge 540, 47" Extra 300 SHP V3, 42" E-Foamy and a PZ Corsair so I thought the Yak 54 would also be a good plane to have. Any advice on holding out or passing on getting the Yak 54? I really like the plane but to put out that much money on a BNF and then only have to put more money into it to make it reliable seems wrong. Just not sure if the issues aren't user error or newbes getting the plane because its made out of foam thinking that they can fly but really don't now how to fly. I guess it comes down to if I get the Yak 54 BNF and have issues beyond my control or lack there of, is HH going to correct the issue? Thanks!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen