HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:19 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Picked up the yak today, first 3d plane for me. Im coming from highspeed fpv zephyrs and a couple helis, cth assassins.... Been flyin a radian pro for awhile but its no more for me. Gunna maiden this weekend, any final advices. Stock plane with apc 12/6, servos are on their way..... Hs85's
Now the VisionAire is out i would of gone this way first off, BUT! no way am i disappointed with buying the Yak it is a very nice plane and on low rates is easy to fly if you can fly ok. Yes 3D is a lot harder with this plane but still nice

i think your find they fixed the prop and servo problems long ago, i went to balance my prop and it was already fine. From reading heaps a lot say changing to a 13X4 is the way to go, slows down your top end but makes 3D a lot easier. I have fitted one to mine and will report back when i get out to give it a go

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:49 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Thanks fellas, i didnt get the visonaire because i dont fly spektrum gear... Hitec a9. I figured this thing is a feather comaperd to my 6s 2200 watt z2. Im not sure the planes your talkin about 4 stroke. Maybe pm some links and ill have a looksee before i get too deep

Nvm, found some.
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Last edited by elliott000; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:13 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
deleted
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:30 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Maidened er today, flys like a dream. Minimal trim, had 4 packs got 3.5 in practicin a hover and snapped er in half behind the Window lop. Gorilla glue and newly added carbon spars are drying as we type
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:56 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
The yak is absolute fantastic, i will have to take her out today again.
My visionare is osccillating all the time,no idea what is wrong(will have to send it back to HH)
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:33 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
218 Posts
I have had my visionaire for about a week now and love the plane . Always wanted get the yak as well.

The question is. What would the yak be like if it was flown with the AR635 receiver??

Maybe this might be one for you to have a go at Chuck.

I have a 1200mm wing electric balsa Katana ,which is a bit off a handfull at times. I might throw in the AR635 and see what difference there is.

Hey Chuck, I liked the comparison vids on the beast and the sbach.
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Lovely day

Had some nice flights today
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:57 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by medroller View Post
The question is. What would the yak be like if it was flown with the AR635 receiver??

Maybe this might be one for you to have a go at Chuck.
have one ordered for my CZ Yak and will be doing a before/after video real soon. Should be next week i pick up the AR635 Rx when i pick up the new E-flite Splendor for review

so keep an eye open for that one!

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:02 AM
United States, OR, Sherwood
Joined Jan 2009
288 Posts
SFG for the Yak54

Has anyone put SFG's on their Yak to improve the knife edge performance? Mine KE's with a high angle and or a lot of speed, but I would like to slow it down for those low down the runway passes. Many of the other planes have an option built into the ends of the wings. Ideas?
JJ460 is online now Find More Posts by JJ460
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:34 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
172 Posts
I changed my prop to 13x4 - after maiden crash since receiver failed. The plane now is slow and I like it more compared to 12x5.25 which is little faster for me. Knife edge is now easy for me too.
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:56 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,120 Posts
Got mine spliced back together again and in the air. I'm really struggling with the landings lately although this landing is strictly unintentional.It's a feeble attempt at a slightly downwinded harrier. Still think my elevator has something to do with it. It takes a decent amount of up trim to keep the plane flying level but when power is greatly reduced it wants to come down seemingly tail heavy.
Carbon Z Yak at work (4 min 23 sec)
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Last edited by krexken; Feb 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, OR, Sherwood
Joined Jan 2009
288 Posts
landings made easier

I had not been happy with the landing behavior of my CZ until I made two changes.
One was to program 5% positive flaperons into the low rates for landing. This reduced the porpoising when the plane was starting to get some ground affect.

Second was to throw away the wire landing gear and install an aluminum gear taken from a micro utra stick. This allows for touching down at a higher speed without the pogo stick bounce from the wire LG.

Now the plane settles smoothly through that last 2/3 ft and goes straight down the runway. Good Luck..JJ
JJ460 is online now Find More Posts by JJ460
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ460 View Post
I had not been happy with the landing behavior of my CZ until I made two changes.
One was to program 5% positive flaperons into the low rates for landing. This reduced the porpoising when the plane was starting to get some ground affect.

Second was to throw away the wire landing gear and install an aluminum gear taken from a micro utra stick. This allows for touching down at a higher speed without the pogo stick bounce from the wire LG.

Now the plane settles smoothly through that last 2/3 ft and goes straight down the runway. Good Luck..JJ
I'm personally not a fan of modifying the stock landing gear. I feel that the "bounce" during landing helps reduce stress to the airframe during less than perfect landings. I've seen several cracked fuselages during hard landings and I think a stiffer landing gear would only increase the chances of a cracked fuse...
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Well I finally joined the EF yak club. My maiden went very well considering there was 10mph winds going on ( of course across the runway). Only required 2 clicks down and 2 clicks right to get her to fly true. The only thing I regret is not pulling the trigger sooner. Thanks to every one in this thread for all the good info.
Airdog67 is offline Find More Posts by Airdog67
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
I want to get some new props, not going to try my luck on the stock one anymore.

What shall i get to be close to the stock prop performance? 13x4"?
Cheers