HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Have a good flight!

All the best for the flight, sure this will work for u.
Have a good flight
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Carlos you will want to watch the wear on the hitec hs82mg's as they don't have a bearing. The case acts like a bushing and they will have quite a bit of play after they wear in. Best of luck.
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-82mg_servo.html look t the bearing type here.
What are the best servo horns for the 82's? The ones it comes with are bit short 😬😬😬
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Dubro #672 long arms.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
Dubro #672 long arms.
Many thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:58 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
piece together or buy PNP?

If I buy all the parts from the parts listing here

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...np-EFL10075#t4

and add my own motor, servos, esc and receiver, will I have a complete airplane or would I still be missing something that comes in the PNP kit?

Also what size/rating of servos are recommended for the wings and tail?

Or should I just buy the PNP kit, replace the elevator servo and call it a day?

I was thinking of piecing it together so I can use the HK 3648 motor with plush 60A. I'm not really in a hurry to get it together either. I have a few receivers and a bunch of HXT900s laying around if those would work for the wing. I'm sure the tail needs something stronger.

What would you guys do?
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:52 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Hs82 servo horn align

I was not able to get the dubro horns in the uk so i went with the align heli hs 82 long horns, they fit quite nice and have almost the same length as the stock ones. I had to dremel the hole a tiny bit for the stock pushrod tho.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
The fix took less time than posting this post 🐌
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post

and add my own motor, servos, esc and receiver, will I have a complete airplane or would I still be missing something that comes in the PNP kit?

I was thinking of piecing it together so I can use the HK 3648 motor with plush 60A. I'm not really in a hurry to get it together either. I have a few receivers and a bunch of HXT900s laying around if those would work for the wing. I'm sure the tail needs something stronger.

What would you guys do?
At the end of the day, your probably a wash cost wise. These days, I say buy the PNP and go fly. Keep your parts for ready repairs or upgrades or your next foamy.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post

What would you guys do?
Would not use HXT9s in this plane. You need the next larger size of servo to fit the pockets much less survive in this plane. I used these in mine.http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=255 I actually used the slightly more expensive digital ones but they're out of stock now. Dubro makes some long arms that fit them. I think they're the JR style arms.

If you go the piece together route, remember the fuse comes pretty much complete with all the hatches, rudder, and canopy and I think you'll wind up with all the necessary linkages with the wings and elevator.

Another cheap motor option is the Hobbypartz motors I've had good luck with. http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb97-3025-850kv.html. Maybe even the 750kv one if you want to swing a 14" prop instead of a 13" one. Had good luck with a their cheapo 60 ESCs with switching BECs for $20.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krexken View Post
Would not use HXT9s in this plane. You need the next larger size of servo to fit the pockets much less survive in this plane. I used these in mine.http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=255 I actually used the slightly more expensive digital ones but they're out of stock now. Dubro makes some long arms that fit them. I think they're the JR style arms.

If you go the piece together route, remember the fuse comes pretty much complete with all the hatches, rudder, and canopy and I think you'll wind up with all the necessary linkages with the wings and elevator.

Another cheap motor option is the Hobbypartz motors I've had good luck with. http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb97-3025-850kv.html. Maybe even the 750kv one if you want to swing a 14" prop instead of a 13" one. Had good luck with a their cheapo 60 ESCs with switching BECs for $20.
Thanks very much. Sound advice. Didn't want to buy unnecessary parts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:01 AM
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Joined Sep 2003
935 Posts
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a nice break during the holiday season :-)

I picked up a new Carbon Z and read as much as I could to see if this plane has any issues and the biggest one that stick are the motor mount, elevator servo and prop.

Had a look at my motor mount and it's made out of metal and seems pretty thick. Will it still break, One fellow said it crumbled like a cracker in his hand, is the stock metal mount really that brittle?, should I replace it.

I have spare hitec servos therefore will probably replace the elevator servo...what about the rest of them.

The stock prop I will replace with a spare apc 12x6e that I had kicking around.

Thanks All,

Gord.
gwong is offline Find More Posts by gwong
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:58 PM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwong View Post
Had a look at my motor mount and it's made out of metal and seems pretty thick. Will it still break, One fellow said it crumbled like a cracker in his hand, is the stock metal mount really that brittle?, should I replace it.
I crashed my Yak nose-in at about 70% throttle. If there was any damage to the motor mount I couldn't see it (and because of the bad things I heard here I looked.)
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
They have a new version of the mount. I don't know if that one breaks. Also I was looking at the parts listing and it seems to take 4 of the same servo so I don't know why they glitch so bad in the tail
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Carbon yak

Cf servo covers, just bored in the ugly weather...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:16 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Had problems with the 5th motor, so I Frankenstein'ed the first and fifth motor to make #6. Also swapped everything over to a new fuse. Just need velcro for the esc and she'll be ready!
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness