HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:08 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledpole View Post
got a YAK 54 & know it calls for 2800mAh 4S 30C. I think the E-Flite batterys are way overpriced. Have friends flying a HobbyPartz SkyLipo 4S 3000mAh 30C but they have been out of stock for over 2 months. Found a Turnegy Nano 4S 2650mAh 35-70C & Turnegy Nano 4S 3000mAh 25-50C. Will be using mostly for sport flying. Have several flat wing foamies to learn 3D with.
What are you using now & are you happy with the performance? Thanks for your expertise.
Thats what really great about the people on this site. You save all of us time and expenses and usually give great advice from someone who has already done it. Being new to electrics have more questions than answers right now..
Those are the 2 batteries i do have. Nano 2650 and sky 3000. I have to admit i like most the nano. It give her very good punch and is like 70g lighter

With both i fly more or less the same time. Im not pushing my yak to hard 3d. Just sporty and ligh 3d. For hardcorr my epp's
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
Hey guys i send a CZ Yak request to pheonix sim. and they reply to me....

Dear Sir

Thank you for your model request, it has been forwarded to our modelling team and added to our schedule.

Best Regards

Phoenix Support
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:47 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
427 Posts
Great idea trying to get the yak on Phoenix.
It's such a popular plane.
fg1972 is online now Find More Posts by fg1972
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,671 Posts
RealFlight has a great Yak already. I bought Phoenix because it supposedly had lots of planes available and was even associated with Horizon. Then I finally bought RealFlight and found that it had almost every plane I own available for it either built in or on the swap pages. I like some things about Phoenix, but was really disappointed in the number of planes available that we normally see at our local rc fields.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:20 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,296 Posts
I've received similar messages from Phoenix as DaxFX, and am tempted by realflite for the reasons bobly points out.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,084 Posts
I find it astounding that Phoenix doesn't already have a Carbon-Z Yak model.

The RealFlight Yak is a large-scale model. I have no idea how it compares to the Carbon-Z but it's fun to fly.
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrc View Post
I find it astounding that Phoenix doesn't already have a Carbon-Z Yak model.

The RealFlight Yak is a large-scale model. I have no idea how it compares to the Carbon-Z but it's fun to fly.
The one built in real flight is different. The Carbon Z is available in the swap pages. You can make it fly just like your real carbon Z and graphics are identical.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:51 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The one built in real flight is different. The Carbon Z is available in the swap pages. You can make it fly just like your real carbon Z and graphics are identical.
Is only for G5.5
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
The carbon Z from the swap pages flys fine in rf6. I tweaked it a little bit to my liking but then again I weak pretty much all of them.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Is only for G5.5
That's what I have - won't it work with other versions? I use several planes that said they were for different versions.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:00 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
I downloaded the realflight CZ YAK but is telling i dont have the original version. Some can help get the yak.

I do have all addons and all extensions and packa.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:19 PM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,084 Posts
Download the model here:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=15430
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,671 Posts
Stock Yak motor - good or bad?

I'm not one to keep track of how many flights on my planes, but I don't think my Yak has anywhere enough to have motor trouble. But it seems to be getting noisy and it sounds a bit rough if you spin the prop by hand. Have others had trouble with this motor and if so, is there a drop in replacement that works well. It wouldn't bother me at all if there were something that was a bit more miserly with battery power either. I really hardly use all the power it has in stock form.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
@bobly

Sounds like it could be a damaged bearing. Just change the damaged bearing(s) and the motor should be good to go. The other possibility is a loose magnet. Someone else in this thread reglued theirs and that fixed it. If it's either of those two problems, there's no need to buy a new one. I would open up your motor and inspect it.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:42 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I'm not one to keep track of how many flights on my planes, but I don't think my Yak has anywhere enough to have motor trouble. But it seems to be getting noisy and it sounds a bit rough if you spin the prop by hand. Have others had trouble with this motor and if so, is there a drop in replacement that works well. It wouldn't bother me at all if there were something that was a bit more miserly with battery power either. I really hardly use all the power it has in stock form.
The hyperion 3025-8 motor is a drop in fit but it's $125. The shafts are much easier to change than the stock motor though. It's also a work horse, you'll need a bigger esc too. I have the hyperion 3020-8 going in my next yak build which is underway. I'll let you guys know how well this motor works out in a few days.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly