SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
If anyone's interested, I have a brand new E Flite 60amp ESC (same as stock) that I don't need. PM me and we can work a deal. I pulled it from the new Parkzone Habu 2. Never flown, only bench tested to verify it works, which it does.
How much and where are you?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
How much and where are you?
I sent you a private message.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:26 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Can somebody please tell me how much the stock esc weighs? I gave mine to a friend and can't recall the weight. I want to use an 80 amp hobbywing esc, it weighs 77 grams, has 4 amp switching bec and 120 amp burst rating and the price is affordable. They also have 60 amp and 100 amp versions if anybody is interested, more info here www.hobbywing.com
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:08 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I found the specs on hh website, says the 60 amp esc weighs 66 grams, has 2.5 amp bec, burst at 75 amps.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:22 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Hey slowfly, where did you get your Hyperion motor?
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:07 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Hey slowfly, where did you get your Hyperion motor?
I bought mine from national hobbies in mesa Arizona, I heard they just went out of business though. They sold mainly heli stuff, I guess that hyperion as well as the 3026-1000 are good motors for 450 size heli's so they happen to have it in stock. I've been thinking about doing a 3s yak here soon, make it as light as possible. The 80 amp hobbywing pro esc looks good with the hyperion motor, only 11 grams gain in weight. The motor is around $75, the esc is around $55.
Last edited by slo-fly; Aug 03, 2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Allerc.com has hyperion motors.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:06 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I was looking at the airtronics 94761Z servo, it looks like the best servo available for the yak. It has the same dimensions as the stock servo except the airtronics uses dual mounting hole tabs. I use hitec 5085 which are rated at 50/60 ounces of torque, speed is .17/.13 and weighs 22 grams. The airtronics is 55/66 ounces of torque and .15/.12 speed and weigh 23 grams. The airtronics looks to be the fastest and strongest servo for the yak I could find.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:24 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
I bought mine at Allerc.com also. They incorrectly sent me the backmount version ZS3025B-08 but the same day I sent them an email about the mistake they shipped the correct ZS3025-08 together with a prepaid UPS label for me to return the B-version to them. Good service.

I found that the collet adapter that comes with the Hyperion is a bit too short for APC E props (the nut tightens on, but just barely), but the HP-ADAP-50L HYPERION LONG 5.0mm COLLET ADAPTER M6 (EP) I also ordered for $5 works well. Neither Hyperion collet will let you use the spinner, and props reamed for the stock Yak collet won't fit on the thin M6 shaft. On the positive side, you don't have to ream new APC E props to fit on the M6 shafts, just push in one of the plastic APC hub adapters and ream the inside of it ever so slightly. I might try ordering the HP-AD-850XXL Hyperion Extra Long Prop Adapter - 5mm for $9 from rcdude.com -- it has a length of 48mm vs the stock length of 45-46mm and I believe would allow installation of the spinner. Of course then you're back to the same M8 shaft as the stock adapter which you could just order from Horizon (with another set of motor mount screws - these get stripped easily).

I found that the stock adapter was quite soft: it bent easily and the threads got mushed up after a few prop changes. For now I'm without a spinner and hoping that not having it doesn't cause reduced airflow/cooling/motor temp issues.
jwiebe is offline Find More Posts by jwiebe
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:25 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I bought mine from national hobbies in mesa Arizona, I heard they just went out of business though. They sold mainly heli stuff, I guess that hyperion as well as the 3026-1000 are good motors for 450 size heli's so they happen to have it in stock. I've been thinking about doing a 3s yak here soon, make it as light as possible. The 80 amp hobbywing pro esc looks good with the hyperion motor, only 11 grams gain in weight. The motor is around $75, the esc is around $55.
So im guessing yours is the H motor. The zs3035 is $125!
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:27 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiebe View Post
I bought mine at Allerc.com also. They incorrectly sent me the backmount version ZS3025B-08 but the same day I sent them an email about the mistake they shipped the correct ZS3025-08 together with a prepaid UPS label for me to return the B-version to them. Good service.

I found that the collet adapter that comes with the Hyperion is a bit too short for APC E props (the nut tightens on, but just barely), but the HP-ADAP-50L HYPERION LONG 5.0mm COLLET ADAPTER M6 (EP) I also ordered for $5 works well. Neither Hyperion collet will let you use the spinner, and props reamed for the stock Yak collet won't fit on the thin M6 shaft. On the positive side, you don't have to ream new APC E props to fit on the M6 shafts, just push in one of the plastic APC hub adapters and ream the inside of it ever so slightly. I might try ordering the HP-AD-850XXL Hyperion Extra Long Prop Adapter - 5mm for $9 from rcdude.com -- it has a length of 48mm vs the stock length of 45-46mm and I believe would allow installation of the spinner. Of course then you're back to the same M8 shaft as the stock adapter which you could just order from Horizon (with another set of motor mount screws - these get stripped easily).

I found that the stock adapter was quite soft: it bent easily and the threads got mushed up after a few prop changes. For now I'm without a spinner and hoping that not having it doesn't cause reduced airflow/cooling/motor temp issues.
The spinner is actually not good for airflow. You will get better cooling without something blocking the air hole
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:01 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
So im guessing yours is the H motor. The zs3035 is $125!
I am using the ZS3025-8, it's 970Kv, weighs 197.6g. The 3026-1000 is 1000Kv and I believe weighs the same as zs3025-8. I'm guessing the 3035 is too big for the yak.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiebe View Post

I forgot about the hyperion adapter, it is a tad short. I use a precision aerobatics 5mm prop adapter and a pa carbon fiber spinner, works great!
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:24 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I saw empire and allerc charge $125 for the 3025-8! Wow, I only paid $75, I saw www.scaleflying.com has it for $77.99 but are out of stock.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:25 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I am using the ZS3025-8, it's 970Kv, weighs 197.6g. The 3026-1000 is 1000Kv and I believe weighs the same as zs3025-8. I'm guessing the 3035 is too big for the yak.
Oh dang, you got a sweet deal then!