HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, MS, Biloxi
Joined Feb 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Yup should work. 6mm and 8 mm refers to motor shaft size yours is 6. I'll post a pic of the white one later tonight when home. Still think u might need reamer though for ur wood prop. If memory serves me right I needed two washers also so the nut would tighten the prop down. Will double check and let u know.
Thanks for your help. I ordered a reamer w the prop cause i figured i may need it, and it wasnt expensive. I think ill go ahead and order that spinner too. Maybe later on you might be able to tell me what washers I might need, or if I can get them at a hardware store. Im trying to get everything i need before the plane gets here, I hate waiting! As im sure youve been there Thanks again
Dr.JJ is offline Find More Posts by Dr.JJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Ya u bet waiting sucks. If u can wait till I post a pic tonight to make sure u like the look. It's bigger than stock spinner. Ya washers from hardware store 8 mm I think will check. I hate waiting also
IEATSRT is offline Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Dr.jj maybe hold off on your order til I get a look at my setup. I may have used a different prop adapter can't quite remember. I know never ordered one special for it but have tons kicking around i might have used. Ur shaft on your motor is 5 mm I was confused but the adapter is definately 6 mm and that spinner "should" work. I run 870 power 25 bit different than stock motor but motor shafts are the same both 5 mm. I'm pretty certain remember other guys saying they used extreme flight with stock adapter but could be mistaken and don't want to give u a bad steer!
Last edited by IEATSRT; Feb 20, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,538 Posts
I will order some prop. I like the idea for the 13x4. Should i get APC thin E or can i go with a master airscrew k serie?
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Mas airscrew won't fit stock spinner hub dismeter is too big. Bigger hubbed apc"s won't fit. The 13x4 e should. I'm running this
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=ZINZ802

But with 870 kv motor and extreme flight spinner. Pulls hard over 800 watts and larger diameter for more airflow over control surfaces. Waiting for spring to try it in the air... Soon!!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Dr.jj maybe hold off on your order til I get a look at my setup. I may have used a different prop adapter can't quite remember. I know never ordered one special for it but have tons kicking around i might have used. Ur shaft on your motor is 5 mm I was confused but the adapter is definately 6 mm and that spinner "should" work. I run 870 power 25 bit different than stock motor but motor shafts are the same both 5 mm. I'm pretty certain remember other guys saying they used extreme flight with stock adapter but could be mistaken and don't want to give u a bad steer!
Ok, thank you. I read the stock spinner is 40mm, but i dont know if the wood or apc props will fit under those. Ill hold off till we can confirm either way.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Your apc might some do some don't. Pretty sure the wood prop is too big for stock spinner
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
456 Posts
I appreciate the help. I was big into rc trucks for a while, and there was a forum i learned from w/ that too. I eventually became the one giving advice along w/ other experienced guys. Its awesome to have the collective experience of many others to help along the way. There is such a big learning curve, that it would be a very hard task to accomplish without forums like these. To all you guys helping out us beginners, we really appreciate it!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
456 Posts
Do the new c-z Yaks still come with a crappy motor mount, or do they now come with the thicker crappy mount? And does the new thicker mount suffice, or should one get a cnc machined mount?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JJ View Post
Do the new c-z Yaks still come with a crappy motor mount, or do they now come with the thicker crappy mount? And does the new thicker mount suffice, or should one get a cnc machined mount?
If you buy a new one it will come with the upgraded mount.
seojeff is offline Find More Posts by seojeff
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:13 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Your welcome we were all beginners at one time. I'm self taught flyer in small town northern Alberta no clubs. There were no other flyers also so had to go up the first time without help or buddy boxing.thanks to phoenix sim and these forums went without a hitch and my first plane pz corsair survived...was instantly hooked. New planes come with better mount and it will be fine. Is this your first plane? If so not saying it can't be done but it might be a bit much for u. I'll say tons of sim, very low rates, little stick movements and get someone to buddy box u first time up if u can!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
Fighting Gravity
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
I can get you the parts for cheap if you want! I have a yak that i gutted after a crash, and its still got a lot of good parts on it.
Thanks for the offer!. Already ordered the parts and I probably am too far away.
bonnie9496 is offline Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
Fighting Gravity
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JJ View Post
Mine came with the newer thicker motor mount but they can still fail(flight 80)...as per my pic a couple of posts ago(#2403). That being I was performing a Blender which puts extreme pressure on the whole airframe.

In view of my recent X mount failure I'll order a CNC one.
bonnie9496 is offline Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Your welcome we were all beginners at one time. I'm self taught flyer in small town northern Alberta no clubs. There were no other flyers also so had to go up the first time without help or buddy boxing.thanks to phoenix sim and these forums went without a hitch and my first plane pz corsair survived...was instantly hooked. New planes come with better mount and it will be fine. Is this your first plane? If so not saying it can't be done but it might be a bit much for u. I'll say tons of sim, very low rates, little stick movements and get someone to buddy box u first time up if u can!
It will be my first plane, and I know its a bit much, but I really dont like those trainers. I have a cp helicopter and Ive been spending hours on real flight 6 w/ the yak, and others. Ill be able to tame it abit w/ the transmitter, but I know its gonna be a challenge. Ive been doing the sim w various amounts of wind and gust, but how accurate do you think they are?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Feb 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496 View Post
Mine came with the newer thicker motor mount but they can still fail(flight 80)...as per my pic a couple of posts ago(#2403). That being I was performing a Blender which puts extreme pressure on the whole airframe.

In view of my recent X mount failure I'll order a CNC one.
Ive heard the thicker mounts were still weak, but it will be ok for me as im not gonna be doing 3d for awhile. Is the cnc lighter?