HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,121 Posts
I think you'll love it, Marco. I found it more stable and predictable than my PZ Extra. It's similar though cause it likes to go fast but is more stable when going slow although mine was lighter than stock since I pieced it together with a lighter motor, batteries. Mg16s from HKing for about $8-10 each and I'm using a 900kv $13 ebay special 3548 and I'm happy. Someday my backordered parts will get here to get it flying once again.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:40 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,969 Posts
due to yet another lack of 4s packs on-hand. i flew my stock powertrain cz yak (again) on 3s2000 packs. quick video a friend sent me.
notes, other than proving "yes you can fly on 3s packs" there is nothing special to see in the video. i found the plane was boarding on being tail heavy & twitchy. keep in mind:
1) i lost over 4.5oz of pure nose weight (in a plane that i do not consider nose heavy in 3D stock) due to pack changes
2) my eflight servos burned out and i replaced with FULL SIZE airtronics 94102's quite awhile back. that's another 4.5oz ADDED (half of that to the tail mind you lol)
3) the full sized standard servos are MUCH MUCH MUCH faster & more authoritative than the little digital servos eflight includes. digital vs analog or not, the digitals have 1/3 the torque before you consider the longer servo arms they come with.

from now on i wont be flying on single 3s packs. i think the plane would fly much better by running them parallel as a 6s pack. tho full throttle use obviously needs to be very, very little on the stock motor. (most people flying 12*6's already know this) ive flown several times on 6s2k's and i think next time i forget 4s packs ill go the 6s route over 3s.

Yak 54 (3 min 15 sec)

regardless. you can't say the stock cz motor wont fly the plane on a 3s2xxx pack. it will & it has unlimited vertical, altho it is quite slow. if you were using more throttle than required to just floating around like this. flight times would be an issue. (actually i took back off & flew another 3 minutes & landed without 70% LVC)
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Last edited by Toysrme; Feb 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: pmpjohn has brain farts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:20 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
toysrme

You will not get a 6s pack by running two 3s in parallel you will get 3s2p. You need to run them in series to get 6s.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:47 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,969 Posts
its against forum rules to insult your intelligence.
so this post stands on it's own legs as that.:roll eyes::roll eyes:
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
891 Posts
I'm not sure how long the motor would last on 6S, unless you prop down to something tiny, on a 12X6 it would probably draw 150A or more if you did go full throttle, while 3500 watts would ROCK in this, there would be smoke. Even if you overpower it that much, and only go part throttle, the motor would probably still get pulses large enough to damage it. I have been known to push ESCs and motors well beyond their rating, and belive a good one can hold up well, so it would be neat to see how many times the motor and ESC can go past double their rating, hopefully more than once, and hopefully the wings don't rip off. Be sure to get video, The big Yak screaming by in a 150MPH knife edge would be epic.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
I'm not sure how long the motor would last on 6S, unless you prop down to something tiny, on a 12X6 it would probably draw 150A or more if you did go full throttle, while 3500 watts would ROCK in this, there would be smoke. Even if you overpower it that much, and only go part throttle, the motor would probably still get pulses large enough to damage it. I have been known to push ESCs and motors well beyond their rating, and belive a good one can hold up well, so it would be neat to see how many times the motor and ESC can go past double their rating, hopefully more than once, and hopefully the wings don't rip off. Be sure to get video, The big Yak screaming by in a 150MPH knife edge would be epic.
HAHAHA, yeah buddy!!!!
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
due to yet another lack of 4s packs on-hand. i flew my stock powertrain cz yak (again) on 3s2000 packs. quick video a friend sent me.
notes, other than proving "yes you can fly on 3s packs" there is nothing special to see in the video. i found the plane was boarding on being tail heavy & twitchy. keep in mind:
1) i lost over 4.5oz of pure nose weight (in a plane that i do not consider nose heavy in 3D stock) due to pack changes
2) my eflight servos burned out and i replaced with FULL SIZE airtronics 94102's quite awhile back. that's another 4.5oz ADDED (half of that to the tail mind you lol)
3) the full sized standard servos are MUCH MUCH MUCH faster & more authoritative than the little digital servos eflight includes. digital vs analog or not, the digitals have 1/3 the torque before you consider the longer servo arms they come with.

from now on i wont be flying on single 3s packs. i think the plane would fly much better by running them parallel as a 6s pack. tho full throttle use obviously needs to be very, very little on the stock motor. (most people flying 12*6's already know this) ive flown several times on 6s2k's and i think next time i forget 4s packs ill go the 6s route over 3s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgrdId-XA-w

regardless. you can't say the stock cz motor wont fly the plane on a 3s2xxx pack. it will & it has unlimited vertical, altho it is quite slow. if you were using more throttle than required to just floating around like this. flight times would be an issue. (actually i took back off & flew another 3 minutes & landed without 70% LVC)
Hey man, iv got two stock eflite motors for the yak for sale... you could use them as Guinea pigs if you smoke one, then you will know what they can handle!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2011
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
Hey man, iv got two stock eflite motors for the yak for sale... you could use them as Guinea pigs if you smoke one, then you will know what they can handle!
What's your asking price?
seojeff is online now Find More Posts by seojeff
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seojeff View Post
What's your asking price?
I want to do 60 for both... one of them has a noisy bearing.. the other one is brand new from horizon and only run for 3 flights.. its smooth as silk
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:24 AM
atlanta georgia
Joined Feb 2008
28 Posts
hey doing knife edges with mine only flown 10 times but noticed it tends to start coming in left but iam not using elevator on it wonder what causes it trys to fly in circle almost .must be using elevator and not notice it
super cub 3000 is offline Find More Posts by super cub 3000
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:32 AM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super cub 3000 View Post
hey doing knife edges with mine only flown 10 times but noticed it tends to start coming in left but iam not using elevator on it wonder what causes it trys to fly in circle almost .must be using elevator and not notice it
It's called pitch coupling. If you setup your plane exactly to the manual you should have a mix setup to counteract it. You may need to adjust your mix to suit your exact setup. I would guess lf you have the mix setup already you may have a CG issue.
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
Is there a model on the Phoenix sim that I can use to practice flying this? thanks
jasper_c is offline Find More Posts by jasper_c
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:17 AM
atlanta georgia
Joined Feb 2008
28 Posts
hey thanks no i didnt do the the elevator to rudder mix i didnt think that the 2 percent could make that much difference.il set it up
super cub 3000 is offline Find More Posts by super cub 3000
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
118 Posts
eflight carbon Z yak (3 min 9 sec)
ReneRCcom is offline Find More Posts by ReneRCcom
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
121 Posts
Nice flyt, it came so out off Box?
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer