SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:57 AM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
Discussion
Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-(

Hey guys I had to buy a new balance bar for my v-max and its arrived today. But how do I disassemble my micro to put it on. (its between the top blades and bottom blades)
Ive taken the top blades off which is fine but how do I pull off the old balance bar now? I can take pics if you need any? If you guys could pick up your micros and have a look and help me out, there might be something in it for you!

Josh
xxjoshstarxx is offline Find More Posts by xxjoshstarxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
someone, anyone
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:09 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Just below the upper blade holder you should find a tiny screw with a Philips head, remove it and the whole upper assembly should come off. Then unsnap the links to the flybar, pull the pins with a needle nose plier and the flybar should come off.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:17 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
http://www.killbuckets.com/s107flybarcopter.htm

These little nippers finally broke after 20+ years of service...haven't found a suitable replacement pair. May have to shell out. Sandvik's tools are worth it.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
Thats the problem! that pin doesnt want to come out :/
Ive tried pushing it through but not pulling it yet. Cheers
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:11 AM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
Ive got both pins out and the old balance bar off but now the top part that holds the balance bar to the shaft wont come off? Looks like it should just slide off but doenst, gahhhH!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
just so u know what im referring to. In your pic if you look towards the bottom of the photo, that little T type thing on the end.. thats what wont slide off the main shaft.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:33 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Did you remove the screw? A little philips head. Otherwise just carefully hold the shaft with a pair of pliers and pull on that piece. Be absolutely sure there is no screw or pin or anything holding it first, there may be a burr on the shaft or it is just fitting tight.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:35 PM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
Yep screw has been removed. Its near impossible to pull off almost as its glued down. But theres no other way so it must be just tight fitting, I pulled as hard as i could but didnt move an inch :s
ill try again i guess
thanks
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:41 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Boil some water on the stove, take the container off the burner and drop the assembly in it for about 5 minutes, then pull it off.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
ive done it but not how it was supposed to. i pulled that hard that the cogs on the bottom at the motor came out of the sfaft... if that makes sense
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:54 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoshstarxx View Post
ive done it but not how it was supposed to. i pulled that hard that the cogs on the bottom at the motor came out of the sfaft... if that makes sense
Yes that can happen, you should have held the shaft just below the T with a pair of pliers.

All is not lost, the shaft can be pushed back into the bottom, but first get that T piece off. try a little sideways twisting as you pull on it.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:57 PM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Yes that can happen, you should have held the shaft just below the T with a pair of pliers.

All is not lost, the shaft can be pushed back into the bottom, but first get that T piece off. try a little sideways twisting as you pull on it.
well i dont need to get that T piece off because ive slid the flybar on from the bottom now. the cogs came out so im trying to figure out which is the top and which is the bottom and if theyre upside down... does it matter?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:03 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoshstarxx View Post
well i dont need to get that T piece off because ive slid the flybar on from the bottom now. the cogs came out so im trying to figure out which is the top and which is the bottom and if theyre upside down... does it matter?
Does the one side have a loger hub than the other side on your heliÉ If so that is the bottom. Yes it is important to line up the gear with the motor so it does matter.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:08 PM
Joined Oct 2010
14 Posts
going by this pic..
http://air-sharp.com/alum_heli_frame002.jpg
the longer hubs on the top cog and facing up??
hard to tell tho