HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:35 AM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Glue your motor in so that the Spinner and the fuselage are parallel if looking from above and from the side.

The front of the fuselage isn't 90 to the side, look at it and you will see.

Here you can see that spinner and fuselage are parallel :

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Last edited by beetyii; Dec 22, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,310 Posts
What's a good place to get batteries for the Flyzone WWI planes?
Thanks,
Ray
kostuk is offline Find More Posts by kostuk
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostuk View Post
What's a good place to get batteries for the Flyzone WWI planes?
Thanks,
Ray
The Nanotech 160's from Hobbyking work good in all of the flyzone WWI planes.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,310 Posts
Thanks UNGN and Merry Christmas!
Ray

PSo you know if the Flyzone 1S batteries have the same plug as the e-Flite and Parkzone batteries?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
;23610175 NN 1 - /E=kostuk;23610175]Thanks UNGN and Merry Christmas!
Ray

PSo you know if the Flyzone 1S batteries have the same plug as the e-Flite and Parkzone batteries?[/QUOTE]

HH batteries work perfect in Flyzone planes.

I think they may be in stock at HK, too.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
946 Posts
Albatros is out of the box and ready to maiden (...if the 17 mph steady "breeze" dies down soon). Applied Foam Tac to the plastic>foam contacts, vented the motor through the faux #1 cylinder, glued CF rod to underside of top wing between supports and bound the Tx. Only thing left to do is toss it in the air...
Wish me luck!
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
946 Posts
Maiden flight this morning. Three good flights...a little squirrelly since I bound it to my Tactic 404 instead of my DX7s (AnyLink was free with the plane but didn't include the cable for my Spectrum). I like three channel planes with rudder & elevator on the right stick for coordinated movement (e.g.; Champ, Piece O'Cake motor glider)...this set up has rudder & throttle on the left and elevator on the right. Guess I'll bite the bullet and get the $15 cable so i can program it. Last landing...um...crash was on the spinner. Apparently something is no longer aligned as the prop speed is significantly slower at full throttle. Looks like I'm going in....something I was hoping to avoid.
Regardless, the flights were fun and I look forward to more of them!
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,310 Posts
Hi,
I was wondering if it were possible to paint the FZ micros with a brush and still get good appearance and flying performance? I don't have an airbrush.
Thanks,
Ray
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,951 Posts
Ray,

That should not be a problem. I did my mods to two Albatros somewhere back early in this thread. I hand painted both of mine (wings were tissue covered by Speedy01 for me) and mods to the recent SE5a bottom surface and to the Dr-I I hand brushed various paints on these planes. Some of mine were up graded also with the P-51 motor/gearbox but the SE5a & two Dr-I's have the std e-gear.

I've kept the weight down as much as possible 35-36 gr's on the Albatros and Dr-I's and 38 gr's on the SE5a Mods. On the SE I also made a mistake and had to add a different color to the bottom fuselage by hand & brush still not a problem.

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,310 Posts
Thanks Pete!
The engine and MG details are really cool!
Ray
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Sep 2012
230 Posts
You guys are doing some wonderful paint jobs and modifications on your Albatros! I sent mine back to TH to fix a pushrod that kept popping off (could have fixed it myself if I had some Naphtha to unglue it) and they sent me a new plane. (great service)
There is quite a bit of down thrust on the motor... does that look right? Also... I'm sure I'll take the plane apart (found some lighter fluid)... what kind of glue are you using to put it back together?
Thanks for the reply,
Steve
swcushing is offline Find More Posts by swcushing
Last edited by swcushing; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:02 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swcushing View Post
I'm sure I'll take the plane apart (found some lighter fluid)... what kind of glue are you using to put it back together?
Steve,

You'll have "stick" left over as the Naptha quickly evaporates. Since you'll be opening the fuselage again, just use that residual stickiness, and use several small (3/4 in) pieces of clear tape to hold the fuselage together. Then when you need to get back in, just slice the tape along the seam, and again use a little Naptha. Close it back up by putting some more tape over the old tape. For subsequent openings/closings, remove the last layer of tape (saves the paint job and foam).

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:28 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Steve,

You'll have "stick" left over as the Naptha quickly evaporates. Since you'll be opening the fuselage again, just use that residual stickiness, and use several small (3/4 in) pieces of clear tape to hold the fuselage together. Then when you need to get back in, just slice the tape along the seam, and again use a little Naptha. Close it back up by putting some more tape over the old tape. For subsequent openings/closings, remove the last layer of tape (saves the paint job and foam).

Gene K
You can also get a Scotch brand double sided tape if original tape isn't sticky enough to reuse. It is not easy to work with, but looks a LOT better than clear tape pieces over the seam.

I've also used 6 'dots" of canopy glue to join the halves of a FlyZone DR.1 I assembled from parts. That one should come apart with a little water and some patience.

FWIW: There were a bunch of WWI planes at an indoor session I flew at this morning. 3 Albatros', 2 Dr.1's, a couple SE5's, a DH-2, and a Sopwith Triplane. Maybe more than that. We had a great time flying in formation 5-6 at a time.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:48 AM
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Sep 2012
230 Posts
Thanks for the tips... I got the 1st flight in on the new Albatros and it flew beautifully right out of the box! The down trust is perfect for scale slow flying. Neat little plane, and think I'll get the SE5a next...
swcushing is offline Find More Posts by swcushing
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,310 Posts
Hi,
Is the Naptha lighter fluid also used to remove the glue holding the gear box/motor in place or do you need to cut it out?
Do you use the naptha for removing the struts and landgear?
Thanks,
RAy