Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:06 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
969 Posts
Discussion
Helping my Dad get back into flying! SIERRA VISTA ARIZONA

My Dad recently moved to Sierra Vista. I was teaching him this summer here in Michigan to fly with his Nitro Powered H9 Solo trainer. He could fly it no problem in the air and ran out of time for learning take off's/landings as he was preparing to move and retire to Arizona. He sold the plane and wants to get into and electric trainer as he does not like messing with nitro. I am currently searching for a suitable airplane for him but would appreciate anyone who lives near him to maybe link up and fly with him or maybe give a little instruction once a plane of his liking is chosen. I figured maybe some one here may live in his area and see this and want to meet him and pass on some flying knowledge. PM me if you can help at all with my request. I prefer someone within 25 miles distance... Thanks guys~
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:08 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
25 miles puts him out of range of anyone I know in Southern AZ, but I'm certain there are other pilots down there. The AMA is a great resource for finding flying clubs. If anything, there's got to be somebody on the base that flys.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:10 PM
hondaboy92hatch
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2005
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjrc74 View Post
My Dad recently moved to Sierra Vista. I was teaching him this summer here in Michigan to fly with his Nitro Powered H9 Solo trainer. He could fly it no problem in the air and ran out of time for learning take off's/landings as he was preparing to move and retire to Arizona. He sold the plane and wants to get into and electric trainer as he does not like messing with nitro. I am currently searching for a suitable airplane for him but would appreciate anyone who lives near him to maybe link up and fly with him or maybe give a little instruction once a plane of his liking is chosen. I figured maybe some one here may live in his area and see this and want to meet him and pass on some flying knowledge. PM me if you can help at all with my request. I prefer someone within 25 miles distance... Thanks guys~
I sent you a private message. if you want have your dad call me. I have a great trainer for sale.
hondaboy92hatch is online now Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:12 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
25 miles puts him out of range of anyone I know in Southern AZ, but I'm certain there are other pilots down there. The AMA is a great resource for finding flying clubs. If anything, there's got to be somebody on the base that flys.
He is looking into a new plane at the moment. I found a couple guys in his area on RCU but neither has responded as of yet. I will have him post an add on craiglist and someone local may pop up. I just figured somebody here may see this and respond. Thanks for the heads up!
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74