HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:42 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,337 Posts
jdub...very good observation. Looks like value city has the V2. I might have to pick up another SU34 for that price.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:20 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
anyone purchased a kit from valuehobby yet? i hope they get the "airframe" verion
jdubg23 is offline Find More Posts by jdubg23
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
U guys interested in the airframe only ?
I check for u. But I don't know the freight cost yet.
I can get most the Freewing products. Just drop me a PM.
genghiskt is offline Find More Posts by genghiskt
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,337 Posts
Pm dropped!
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:34 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Big thanks for exposing the Valuehobby secret on the great F/A-18 deal! I ordered one this morning and it will be my second order with them - I was impressed the first time but it was just a spare part, so we'll see what happens on my first full aircraft order!

I owned the first version of this plane when HL first began selling them- I experienced the nose gear door issue and so it got a little scraped up during the first landing, and I never felt comfortable flying it. It was very erratic in the air - In retrospect I think I had the CG wrong, or perhaps a misalignment of the TV and the horizontal stabs. Now that I've got more EDF experience and have the similar Freewing Su-35 all dialed in, I think I'm ready to do this one right. I like the gear door servo addition on the V2!

So I have the receiver ready version coming in soon - I'm planning on running a 6S 4000mah 30C pack, an 8-channel FrSky Receiver, CC10A BEC (Also have a 20-Pro if you guys think its needed) and will run stock power system and servos. I'm planning to Y-cable the rudder and yaw TV so that it is on all the time, but will make the other vectors switch on/off.

Any/all quick setup suggestions that might save me the trouble of reading through all 73 pages here would be great, and very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:01 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
Big thanks for exposing the Valuehobby secret on the great F/A-18 deal! I ordered one this morning and it will be my second order with them - I was impressed the first time but it was just a spare part, so we'll see what happens on my first full aircraft order!

I owned the first version of this plane when HL first began selling them- I experienced the nose gear door issue and so it got a little scraped up during the first landing, and I never felt comfortable flying it. It was very erratic in the air - In retrospect I think I had the CG wrong, or perhaps a misalignment of the TV and the horizontal stabs. Now that I've got more EDF experience and have the similar Freewing Su-35 all dialed in, I think I'm ready to do this one right. I like the gear door servo addition on the V2!

So I have the receiver ready version coming in soon - I'm planning on running a 6S 4000mah 30C pack, an 8-channel FrSky Receiver, CC10A BEC (Also have a 20-Pro if you guys think its needed) and will run stock power system and servos. I'm planning to Y-cable the rudder and yaw TV so that it is on all the time, but will make the other vectors switch on/off.

Any/all quick setup suggestions that might save me the trouble of reading through all 73 pages here would be great, and very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
i found with my turnigy 4000mah i had to move the batt compartment back about 1 1/2 inches to get the CG neutral. it was quite easy, i just cut out the rear "bulkhead" of the batt comp, and hot glued it aft a bit. then put a foam block in front of batt to keep it from sliding. the only worry is there is less room for the bundles of wires on this thing lol
jdubg23 is offline Find More Posts by jdubg23
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:37 AM
Burlington On
Joined Aug 2006
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskt View Post
U guys interested in the airframe only ?
I check for u. But I don't know the freight cost yet.
I can get most the Freewing products. Just drop me a PM.
Can U get the Freewing Venom? Cheers Pritz
PRITZ is offline Find More Posts by PRITZ
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:51 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubg23 View Post
i found with my turnigy 4000mah i had to move the batt compartment back about 1 1/2 inches to get the CG neutral. it was quite easy, i just cut out the rear "bulkhead" of the batt comp, and hot glued it aft a bit. then put a foam block in front of batt to keep it from sliding. the only worry is there is less room for the bundles of wires on this thing lol

Thanks for the batt placement tip - That's exactly the sort of thing I was curious about. Not looking forward to dealing with the "rats nest" but that's the price we pay for a good CG sometimes. BTW, is the manual providing a good number for that or is there a more accurate CG people are running?
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRITZ View Post
Can U get the Freewing Venom? Cheers Pritz
Freewing Venom? I don't have it in my catalogue. You have a picture?
genghiskt is offline Find More Posts by genghiskt
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, CT, Southbury
Joined Aug 2011
335 Posts
I am flying with the recommended CG from the manual and my bird flys great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
Thanks for the batt placement tip - That's exactly the sort of thing I was curious about. Not looking forward to dealing with the "rats nest" but that's the price we pay for a good CG sometimes. BTW, is the manual providing a good number for that or is there a more accurate CG people are running?
RCflyerCT is offline Find More Posts by RCflyerCT
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:35 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
ValueH sent me a tracking # in less than an hr of placing my order!!!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:13 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
They were shockingly fast for me too, on both orders. We could have a really good thing going with them!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
The secret is out! Hopefully they can keep these prices and in stock. What was your 1st order?
Last edited by v8truckin; Feb 07, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:34 PM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
258 Posts
Help please

I need a servo reverser or reversed servo for elevator. My searches seem to come up empty or the ones I find are out of stock.
washab is offline Find More Posts by washab
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
I just ordered 4 today from them. I use em for all my electronics 1st.

Depending on which brand u use

JR/spektrum
https://www.toysonics.com/gws-y-harn...way-jr-15.html

Futaba
http://www.toysonics.com/gws-y-harne...way-fp-15.html