HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:44 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
They're not open now & I just thought about it.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:57 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,028 Posts
I really doubt they are V2's.

I read that the new stock of Euro Fighters are not V3's which has the new servo sequenced gear doors.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:02 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Jul 2010
18 Posts
battery connection for a 6s pack

I have a question about how you hook a 6S battery to the esc. I just got this plane in a trade, without an esc, and it says in the manual that you hook a 6s battery up with a jumper plug? Don't you just hook the 6s battery to the esc? I would think that you need a jumper plug with two 3s packs to put them in serial? What is the jumper plug?

Thanks for any help.
jlarkin123 is offline Find More Posts by jlarkin123
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
Joined Jul 2010
18 Posts
I think I see

Looking close at the picture in the manual, does the jumper plug just give you the flexibility to use two 3s packs? I think it looks like the jumper just closes the connection for a second pack when using a 6s pack. Meaning that it plugs the extra opening.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:19 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,114 Posts
The jumper plug probably refers to a connector that allows the BEC to tap into the battery leads.

Here is what you would use to hook two 3S batteries to make a single 6S battery.

fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:26 PM
Joined Jul 2010
18 Posts
Thanks for reply. Did the esc with the kit come with a BEC? Looking at the picture, I think the the esc is wired with a series connection for using two 3s packs. Then you would need a jumper when using the 6s pack. I was planning to just use a 6s pack and just solder a single deans connector to the ESC that I have, so I was confused about the recommendation to use a jumper for a 6s pack. I do have two matched 3s 4000mah packs that I could use, but I think it would make sense to just make a series adapter for that case.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:28 PM
Joined Jul 2010
18 Posts
Fred, your bottom diagram is exactly what I was thinking! It didn't load originally so I didn't see it before my last post. Thanks again.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:40 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,114 Posts
If you are going to use two 3S batteries, I've heard that it is better to connect the BEC across one battery (the one connected to the ground of the single female connector) and set your cut-off accordingly - less stress on the BEC when it steps down the voltage to 4-6V.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:03 PM
half-ass Astronaut
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
OK I looked at it again. The green LED I see facing backward on the right rudder is just the green one on the side of the rudder. My Bad. Looks like it's just like all the rest.

I hope my new kit has the sequenced front door. I doubt it though. Plus I'd need to get a sequencer too.
the gear leads have a three way splitter and a sequencer built in
jdubg23 is offline Find More Posts by jdubg23
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:18 PM
half-ass Astronaut
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
so i have had my jet for a couple weeks now. it is showing signs of abuse lol. i busted the nose off twice and folded two sets of landing gear!! this thing is a different animal than my other planes (carbon z yak, parkzone trojan). lands real heavy, gotta have a nice touch on your elevator stick. but the thrust vectoring accounted for my two nose "breaks". trying to go around on an approach i goosed it, well the plane sommersaulted right into the ground!! (i did that twice). so i have disabled the TV and added dual rudders!

Hobby lobby f18. Rudder mod (0 min 31 sec)
Last edited by jdubg23; Dec 06, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:05 PM
half-ass Astronaut
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
I really doubt they are V2's.

I read that the new stock of Euro Fighters are not V3's which has the new servo sequenced gear doors.
im not sure what it takes to qualify as a "v2". but the airframe only kit i just received a couple weeks ago has a glossy color manual, fancy new gear struts, and sequenced servo driven nose gear doors....
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:09 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubg23 View Post
im not sure what it takes to qualify as a "v2". but the airframe only kit i just received a couple weeks ago has a glossy color manual, fancy new gear struts, and sequenced servo driven nose gear doors....
That's gotta be V2. V1 closed the front gear door with a string.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Dec 04, 2011, 10:49 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubg23 View Post
Who'd u purchase from? Hopefully hobby lobby I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:58 AM
half-ass Astronaut
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Who'd u purchase from? Hopefully hobby lobby I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
yes HL in Tennessee
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:54 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Sweet ! Too bad it's my spare airframe & going 2 the closet.