HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2011, 02:08 AM
FLY HARD OR FLY HOME TO MUMMY
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
real sorry to hear that, i almost had to dead stick my t45 this morning because i pushed it too far, i'd hate to do it with the hornet. what sort of flight times were you getting out of the hornet while still leaving a bit in reserve?
jb0005 is offline Find More Posts by jb0005
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2011, 03:21 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Well I could consistently get 4 minutes+ before the fiberglass. Now that I have added more weight it seems that I hit Low Voltage cutoff just over 4 minutes. I tried to repair the nose but it just is not working lol. Guess I'll have to order a new airframe and lay down some glass during assembly.
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Apr 13, 2011, 03:40 AM
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
was wondering also where you got your replacement tyres/wheels, are they the same as stock or different size.when i had a look at my local hobby shop today all the wheels seemed fatter with smaller hubs and the hole for the axel was too large
Old Apr 13, 2011, 03:42 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
I got a new set of tires with another set of freewing retracts that were given to me.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:24 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,511 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I did away with the gear doors on mine from the very beginning as they proved to be more trouble than they are worth.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2011, 09:55 AM
Bermuda
Joined Dec 2004
34 Posts
Hey guys, does someone have the programming for a futaba 10c radio for this jet, I need some help, I would like to use the thrust vectoring.
Wideopen is offline Find More Posts by Wideopen
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:46 PM
I fly for Beer
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Sep 2004
2,730 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this one, or the Eurofighter. Not sure which, any comparisons between the two you guys can offer?
I wanted to ask what type of foam this is? I don't see any mention in the ads of what the foam is.
Also, is the wing sparring sufficient? I haven't had time to read all this thread, but from what I've read so far I haven't seen any mention of people needing to mod the wings to prevent them from folding up.
The freewing fan, is it decent? I have a het motor I was thinking of just chucking into the stock fan. I would of course balance the fan first. Hope this isn't too many questions all at once, but I am curious about this one and the Eurofighter.
Jag
Jagzilla is offline Find More Posts by Jagzilla
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:44 PM
United States, AL, Southside
Joined Jun 2006
35 Posts
Hand launching and belly landing, anybody fly this way? If so did you remove the landing gear? Where I fly is kind of ruff grass and I don't think the landing gear would hold up. Thanks. Drue
Geurin is offline Find More Posts by Geurin
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:58 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,843 Posts
Firehawk , could you post some pic's of your mishap?? Where do you fly at??
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Apr 17, 2011, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagzilla View Post
I'm thinking about getting this one, or the Eurofighter. Not sure which, any comparisons between the two you guys can offer?
I wanted to ask what type of foam this is? I don't see any mention in the ads of what the foam is.
Also, is the wing sparring sufficient? I haven't had time to read all this thread, but from what I've read so far I haven't seen any mention of people needing to mod the wings to prevent them from folding up.
The freewing fan, is it decent? I have a het motor I was thinking of just chucking into the stock fan. I would of course balance the fan first. Hope this isn't too many questions all at once, but I am curious about this one and the Eurofighter.
Jag
i've been flying mine for a couple of weeks now and i do quite a bit of aerobatics, with and without thrust vectoring on, and i've seen no structural problems at all. having said that i don't go throwing the sticks around with the vectoring on until i've let it slow down a lot first to reduce the g and strain on the airframe.i don't think anything would be bulletproof if you don't exercise a little restraint. as for the fan, this is only my second edf and my other edf is stock too, but i can tell you it's plenty fast enough as it is stock
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Firehawk , could you post some pic's of your mishap?? Where do you fly at??
I fly at thunderbird field at benbrook lake and I'll take pics tomorrow. I'm exhausted from the air show today.

I am going to order a new airframe very soon.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:29 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0005 View Post
was wondering also where you got your replacement tyres/wheels, are they the same as stock or different size.when i had a look at my local hobby shop today all the wheels seemed fatter with smaller hubs and the hole for the axel was too large
Not sure if you want similar or exact wheels...but I had the same prob when I tried to find tires. ne how I used dubro sport 145 up front & dubro sport 186 on the rear. The stock front wheels have a nut on the backside between the wheels & strut so I had to add another on the front side between the wheel & plastic cap. Rear didn't have the nut so I just added 1 on backside & front. They've held up fine after 12 flights & show lil wear. I add a lil foam safe CA along the the edge of the tire & rim just incase. I like the look 2. If not let me know what tires u find.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
thanks for the heads up on the tyres, i'll see if i can get them somewhere local and i'll let you know how i go. i had a think about the problem you have had with your front strut. maybe you could drill a holethrough the collar as you have already done, but then continue it into the strut itself. then just insert a screw which will bind the strut and plastic collar together. if your going to buy a whole new set of retracts it wont hurt to experiment on your existing ones. mine is still solid with the glue i applied but if it comes loose again this is what i'll try next.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:18 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
Ya that's exactly what I did, after the 1st try was unsuccessful. It seems to have done the job. My new retracts will be arriving tmrw, so now I'll have spare everything.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:14 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Flight report, two flights on the stock setup, vectors working.

Paved runway only. Would not fly this or the Euro on anything but a paved runway, no deep cracks or damage to the surface.

87MPH max speed by radar, even in a dive. (armament was all attached)
tumbles, stalls, erratic flight did not damage anything.
More up elevator helps, added this after the first flight.
No issues with the factory retracts or nose gear doors
Lands slow

After the flight, two guys went to order one....contact the sales manager at Hobby Lobby or the manager at local store....I negotiated 370 out the door, a non sale price. This is 50 bucks off, or better than a 10% discount. If you have the balls it will work. Otherwise, hope for a flash sale on Wednesdays. Got the Euro on Flash Sale for 289 plus shipping.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN