SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:57 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
V4 sequenced rear main gear doors, functioning rudders, and wheel brakes.


I think Aros was implying that hopefully the make a v4 by the time he's ready for a new one.

Jk about the v4, but that would be nice if they added those features.
After transplanting the guts of my crashed FA-18 to my Eurofighter, I wasn't going to get another one, but listening to you guys talk, I'm reminded of just how wonderfully my 18 flew (before the wing fell off in flight). If a couple of these improvements got implemented in a future version, I may be inclined to get another one. Only the next one, the wings will be built in like a brick sh!thouse.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:46 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2007
57 Posts
Well I just went to the local hobby shop and bought an ICE 100 amp. It works perfect now.
RICHF16 is offline Find More Posts by RICHF16
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,918 Posts
Wow, right when im ready to invest in a spare f-18 airframe HL is out of stock @$157.00.... time for something else.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Wow, right when im ready to invest in a spare f-18 airframe HL is out of stock @$157.00.... time for something else.
I happened to be talking with Kyle at HLI the other day and he said more F/A18 Airframes were on order.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
Registered User
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
548 Posts
I just received mine today. Everything looks good, no shipping damage. I am really amazed at how small the wings are for this bird. I know it flies, and does it very well. The wings just look way too small to give it lift. I know some of the lift is from the fuselage, but..... Can't wait to put this one together.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
I just received mine today. Everything looks good, no shipping damage. I am really amazed at how small the wings are for this bird. I know it flies, and does it very well. The wings just look way too small to give it lift. I know some of the lift is from the fuselage, but..... Can't wait to put this one together.
Congrats! You'll find this a very fine EDF. Plenty of lift. Very good flight envelope. Plenty of power stock, although many have replaced fan and/or motor for an even better experience.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:05 AM
Tape n' glue, Good as New!
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2009
303 Posts
Just picked up mine today along with some Nanotech 4000 3S batteries. Unpacked the plane, and it looks amazing!!! Very nice detailing and well-thought-out kit. I was a little hesitant as I already have the F-35 70 MM kit from freewing also and wasn't all that impressed with it. (It's an excellent plane for sure just not well-thought-out as most of the servos are internal and nothing is pre-run for you, Also not that great of detail and monotone blue paint leaves something to be desired! ;P ) This super hornet however is just the opposite, includes the servo for the nose gear bay doors as well as the sequencer and re- tracks installed and all hooked up, As well as all servos accessible from the outside of the plane. Super finish on it and paint job as well! Now to wait for my servos and CS 12 fan to arrive.....hmmmm...!
jussyjonny is offline Find More Posts by jussyjonny
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:14 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jussyjonny View Post
Just picked up mine today along with some Nanotech 4000 3S batteries. Unpacked the plane, and it looks amazing!!! Very nice detailing and well-thought-out kit. I was a little hesitant as I already have the F-35 70 MM kit from freewing also and wasn't all that impressed with it. (It's an excellent plane for sure just not well-thought-out as most of the servos are internal and nothing is pre-run for you, Also not that great of detail and monotone blue paint leaves something to be desired! ;P ) This super hornet however is just the opposite, includes the servo for the nose gear bay doors as well as the sequencer and re- tracks installed and all hooked up, As well as all servos accessible from the outside of the plane. Super finish on it and paint job as well! Now to wait for my servos and CS 12 fan to arrive.....hmmmm...!
Congrats! She's a great plane and you can't go wrong on adding the CS12 on this jet. You doing the CS12 xflight combo or your own setup?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:27 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jussyjonny View Post
Just picked up mine today along with some Nanotech 4000 3S batteries.
Seeing how you're in Canada, just curious where you buy this from? Won't 3S be a bit weak for this plane or did you get a different F/A-18 than what I'm thinking? Or are you planning to series 2 together? I flew mine on 6S and moved pretty good. 3S may not have cut it.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:39 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
X,

His post said "picked up SOME 3s packs", so im assuming he will be using 2 - 3s packs to make 6s... Atleast I hope.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:53 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
X,

His post said "picked up SOME 3s packs", so im assuming he will be using 2 - 3s packs to make 6s... Atleast I hope.
You're probably right.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:08 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
X,

How you liking that Euro? 18 is sweet but im sure that euro filled the void.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
X,

How you liking that Euro? 18 is sweet but im sure that euro filled the void.
As you know, I put the motor, fan and ESC into the Euro. I think it's a slightly heavier plane so it doesn't zip along nearly as fast but it is more maneuverable due to the canards and it lands slower and softer. I really like the Euro but I really liked the F/A-18, too. With the RAAF paint scheme, it had a lot of presence in the air. As you say, the Euro fills the void nicely but one day, I'd like to get the 18 again. Maybe kick it up a notch with a CS-12 set-up. Perhaps next summer.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
Ya euro is heavy and lil more drag. I had the same 1500kv CS12 setup in both planes, but switched to 1600kv CS12 just recently in the euro because it wasn't as fast as the f18. Needed that extra 100kv to get her up to the speed I liked.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,791 Posts
I'm currently building a HobbyKing BD-5:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20981
I also got their recommended CS-12 fan, 120 amp ESC and their 1900kv fandrive EDF motor (as shown in their add-ons for that plane). Will see next spring how that works. The BD-5 is a fairly heavy composite plane, so if it works well with it, I may consider putting this power set-up in my future 90mm EDF foamie builds. It was a fairly affordable combination.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Hobby Lobby eRC 90mm F/A 18E Super Hornet EDF Bajora Foamy EDFs 90 Dec 14, 2013 05:32 AM
Build Log CRASHED Hobby Lobby F-35 Lightning II re-build. (YES, it's possible) denial15 Foamy EDFs 49 Dec 21, 2011 02:24 PM
Article Hobby Lobby F/A-18 Hornet ARF Review dawnron1 Foamy EDFs 2087 Jan 07, 2011 12:54 PM
Discussion My Hobby Lobby F-18 Hornet anyairrc Foamy EDFs 3 Feb 07, 2008 11:24 PM
For Sale Hobby Lobby F/A 18 Hornet Lipo & Electronics itspat Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jan 08, 2008 02:33 PM