Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:36 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,721 Posts
Build Log
P-47 Jug: The Tail Wheel & Bay Doors

P 47 JUG Tail Wheel (1 min 14 sec)

I have to admit this mod took me some time to complete, as I debated back and forth how I was going to do it?

Because I am using the FMS/PZ E-Tracts for the mains, I wanted to use the same unit for the tail wheel. What I opted for was the HK/PZ E-Tract with the smaller base plate because first, I was going to be making my own mounts, & second, it's much easier to turn a 4mm round leg then shape a 5mm square leg.

Because of the room this assembly needs for clearance I decided to go against scale and have the tail wheel retract forward. Once I started cutting foam, everything I was trying to accomplish became much easier.

One thing I thought I would have to sacrifice was the forward vert. stab. mount? For now I was wanting to keep the option of removing the vert. stab./elevator assembly in case the need arose. I was able to come up with an idea to achieve this by simple cutting the forward mount off and devising a my own with a 3mm T-nut and a brace glued to an upper ridge.

Of course I was going to make some bay doors! I used the same technique for these as I did on the Mustang.
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Aug 24, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:52 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,757 Posts
really nice work !!!
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 02, 2010, 05:58 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
really nice work !!!

Thanks! Now I have to figure out how I am going to do the doors on the Corsair?
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member