SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:01 PM
Eastern, NC
Joined Apr 2008
533 Posts
Discussion
Looking for plans for foamy similar to Parkzone F-27c Stryker

Hi all,
A friend of mine is thinking about getting into RC and has fallen in love with the Parkzone F-27c Stryker.
I'm trying to get him to buy the stuff and build a similar design in a foamy, preferably a profile.
Does anyone know of any plans that look and perform similar to the F-27?
Thanks in advance,
-Mike

EDIT: In case you may not have seen it, this is the Stryker
CX2Mike is offline Find More Posts by CX2Mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:46 AM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
I'm assuming you're going to be helping him with learning how to fly, so do I need to mention that fast park jets don't make good first planes?

That being said, you could build a Stingray. I built my first one three years ago, sold it, and just built another one a couple months ago when my park jet power system was freed up. It's a great flying plane, but it's crunchy foam, so you will want to have spare depron and glue handy if you let your friend learn on this type of plane.

A much better first plane would be a Blu Baby. Have him master that, then he can think about going faster.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:43 PM
Eastern, NC
Joined Apr 2008
533 Posts
Thanks for those suggestions.
Yeah, I agree that the stingray or other similar design is probably not the best trainer.
However, my buddy has decided that's what he wants, so I'd rather do the extra work involved if it means he'll get into the hobby, rather that not.
I may try to get him to build Clint Judd's trainer first.
It's easy to build, very crash-resistant, and literally lands itself!
At full throttle, it's pretty fast, but still floats like a leaf under low throttle conditions.
If you haven't seen it, check out the thread here.
Clint and I are working on several new designs that will be available on his site soon, plus the great plans he already has posted.
Cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:19 AM
United States, NC, Randleman
Joined Jan 2007
169 Posts
Stryker bodies are only 20 dollars. You might want to try this

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1155928

They are much slower and easier to fly than a regular stryker but will still do about 35-40 mph and go vertical at full throttle.

Not the best first trainer but not to hard to fly, cheap and tough and easy to repair with hot glue.
ssteven1 is offline Find More Posts by ssteven1
Old Oct 24, 2010, 01:35 PM
Celebrating 300 posts!
Kirtland, OH
Joined Mar 2010
306 Posts
How about the LazerToyz Lazer II...

http://lazertoyz.ncweb.net/Lazer.html
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1125766
markb0127 is offline Find More Posts by markb0127
Old Oct 24, 2010, 02:00 PM
Eastern, NC
Joined Apr 2008
533 Posts
Oh, those are both very nice!
I really like the orange light stryker, and that Lazer II is a great deal.
I'm passing the links on to me buddy. I'm sure he'll end up with one or both of those.
Thanks,
-Mike