SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:02 PM
Joined Oct 2010
8 Posts
Discussion
Walkera 5#10 vs Esky Lama V4

I've played with a few 2 and 3 channel Coaxial helis, and my last one I accidentally left out and the dogs got a hold of it... Figured since I was gonna replace it, I'd spend a little bit more than I did before and get a decent hobby heli. My budget is right around $130.

The 2 helis that have REALLY grabbed my attention are the Walkera 5#10 with the CNC upgrades from Xheli.com ($130) and the Esky Lama V4 ($95).

Is there anything about either of these that I need to know to steer me one way or the other? As of right now, I REALLY like the Walkera by the looks and all the CNC parts, but I keep reading about quality issues with Walkera. Seems like everything I read should be fixed with the metal upgrades on this model, but I'm still wary of spending $130 on something that might break easily.

The Lama V4 seems like a really good heli, but to me it looks cheap. Must be all the plastic that makes me like the other better.

I'm open to suggestions too if theres something in my price range that would be a better option. I'd like to be able to fly outside in low winds too, but I'd mostly be flying in the living room or in a basketball gym.

And one more question. I've got a 3.7v battery out of an old PMP that is I think about 1200 mah. Its REALLY lightweight as it was in a compact PMP. Is there anyway I could wire this with the stock battery and have twice the flight time (relatively) or is adding weight a big nono?

I'm sure I'll have more questions to come. Thanks in advance for helping a noob.

jfowl
jfowl31 is offline Find More Posts by jfowl31
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
8 Posts
Also, apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section. I wasn't positive where to ask a question like this.
jfowl31 is offline Find More Posts by jfowl31