SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:32 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,628 Posts
Discussion
BVM eAggressor 2

Sorry Jack

I couldnt stand it any longer. Too many people having fun with BVM airframes...ok so mine is a little older and a little cheaper than most. I picked up my aggressor 2 just before E-Jets. It needed some paint (nose, stabs, exhaust cone) minor body work, and some assembly. Its getting closer...just need to finish painting the exhaust cone, swap out some old servos, and add the intake adapter / new intakes ?? and power system...as yet to be determined.

Anyone else out there with electric aggressors besides Chris True? Lets see some pics of you planes and power installation.
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kevin; Aug 12, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:37 PM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,811 Posts
i like that scheme! cool!
hoser is online now Find More Posts by hoser
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:01 PM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,113 Posts
Full gear doors! I like it.
Nice 5612 here holding loose papers in place on my desk. It would probably never fit though....
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:14 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Carl, Of course it will fit. My buddy Wade has one with a 5612, he flew it at E-jets this year. I'll try to point him this way.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:15 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
nice....
pbusa1400 is offline Find More Posts by pbusa1400
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:38 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,628 Posts
thats right. i forgot about that blue one. have him post a pic with the hatch off and batteries installed
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:06 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,843 Posts
Kev he used 3 4 cell packs. The 4 cell packs a small enough to fit beside the tail pipe and the other 4 cell went in between the intakes. It hauled the mail for sure. Cant wait to see your build bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
thats right. i forgot about that blue one. have him post a pic with the hatch off and batteries installed
gunradd is online now Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:20 PM
Team House of Power Hobbies
Tamarac FL
Joined Oct 2003
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Carl, Of course it will fit. My buddy Wade has one with a 5612, he flew it at E-jets this year. I'll try to point him this way.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Yes it flew well for sure. I had a blast playing with it, brought back memories for me.
rcjet lynch is offline Find More Posts by rcjet lynch
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:21 PM
Team House of Power Hobbies
Tamarac FL
Joined Oct 2003
427 Posts
I love the color scheme it looks very nice
rcjet lynch is offline Find More Posts by rcjet lynch
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:27 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
Yeah that's a beautiful plane! Nice score dude!
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:45 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Sorry Jack

I couldnt stand it any longer. Too many people having fun with BVM airframes...ok so mine is a little older and a little cheaper than most. I picked up my aggressor 2 just before E-Jets. It needed some paint (nose, stabs, exhaust cone) minor body work, and some assembly. Its getting closer...just need to finish painting the exhaust cone, swap out some old servos, and add the intake adapter / new intakes ?? and power system...as yet to be determined.

Anyone else out there with electric aggressors besides Chris True? Lets see some pics of you planes and power installation.
Sweet plane Kevin, any pictures of the work you did, what did it look like when you got it?

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Oct 13, 2010, 06:53 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,040 Posts
very nice aggressor Kev!!!! sweeeeet! id liek to get a old BVM sport jet at some point, probably go with a viper though. the agressor is a great looking bird! love the finish!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:31 AM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,628 Posts
I only have pics of it in the crate. never took pics when i pulled it out. There wasn't too much to do. i only have about 18 hours into it now.

The airframe was in some form of crash but wasn't too bad. the nose has been repaired although you would never know it. the guy that fixed it did a fantastic job. it must have been flipped on a crash...the top of the fin had some damage as did the horizontal stabs (some leading edge damage and some holes in the top surface. the main fuse body is in perfect shape. i filled in the charge jack and switch holes on the nose also...no switches for me.

the leading edge of the wing has been redone and a new wing tip was added...not by me although i did have to refill it, finish sand, and then paint the tips and leading edge. There were some very small hairline cracks coming from the gear openings that needed filled and painted....just a brush job there.

here are a few pics but its a bit hard to see.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Sweet plane Kevin, any pictures of the work you did, what did it look like when you got it?

Jack
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kevin; Oct 13, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:49 AM
Joined May 2009
17 Posts
Kevin,
The aggressor has the 3 4 cell 6500 thunderpower packs they fit in like saddle cells the third pack goes in between the inlets. I built a box aprox. 1.25" tall for it to sit on. The new 7600 packs are to thick to fit. i can get you pics but it will be this weekend. If you have questions you can call me at 229-291-5589.
Wade Daughtry is offline Find More Posts by Wade Daughtry
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:06 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,628 Posts
thanks wade. looking forward to the pics...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra