HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:32 PM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Discussion
Dropped by Horizons field.

A few Sundays ago I had some errands to run in Monticello Illinois. Pulling on to the Interstate I noticed a sign that said RC Show today, I drove about half way down the lane to the field and did not notice anything in the air so I decided to turn around and head home. Back on the Interstate I could see the field as I drove by along with a jet climbing out of a cloud of smoke. I turned around at the next exit and made my way back. The field is only a couple of years old and very nice, large hanger with bi-fold doors, big runway and lots of covered tables. I imagine they have plans for some events there.

First time I have ever seen turbine jets fly and I was plenty impressed. Also had a Electric heli, TRex 700?. The flybys were great, I just love the sound they make. Pilots obviously plenty skilled and they had a lot of confidence in themselves and the gear they were running, at times they were really out there and moving fast.

Kept thinking to myself these guys are probably getting paid for this.....

Jets @ Horizons Field (2 min 37 sec)
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:41 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,752 Posts
What an awesome flying site. Good to see my money goes to something.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine