SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:35 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Sold
Texas Fire Sale: VT F-16, 90mm F-18, J-Power P-38 (All RXR)

I just copied and pasted the below info from my local Craigslist Posting... Another set of planes for sale to keep my fleet to a manageable size! I have two more on the way and need to clear room for their arrival next week. These are all local pickup only - No shipping possible, sorry!

----------------------------------------

Three large scale US fighter aircraft for sale - prefer to sell as a lot, but will break up on request.

1. P-38 Lightning: SOLD

2. F-16 Fighting Falcon. Manufactured by Freewing, this is a 70mm Electric Ducted Fan Jet with 5/6 channel control (Throttle, Ailerons, Elevator, Nose Wheel Steering, Horizontal Thrust Vector, Vertical Thrust Vector). The Vectored thrust on this jet is 360 degree capable and can pull off some amazing stunts! Glide profile is fantastic, making power-off landings possible. Brushless motor is pre-installed, along with a 45-amp ESC and all servos. Radio/Battery ready with spares. Wingspan is 31.5 inches, and the length is 46 inches.

Areas of concern: None. This is as close to a perfect jet as I've ever had. I did use pieces of a partially destroyed F16 to build this, so you'll notice some hairline epoxy repair work in one or two places. However, those pieces that were "Recycled" come with Brand new backups that will be included (New Vert. Stab, Horizontal Stabs, etc.). Additionally, the exhaust is hand painted with some afterburner effects that look awesome!

3. F/A-18C Blue Angel. Manufactured by Starmax, this is a massive 90mm EDF Jet, set for 5 channels (Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Nose Wheel Steering, Retractable landing gear). This is a serious jet, for sure. It is powered by a large brushless motor and huge 85A Brushless ESC. All servos are pre-installed, including the metal suspension-equipped retractable landing gear. Has a very convenient top mounted hatch for Fan Access (The little raised spot between the stabs - I haven't locked it down) It is radio/battery ready including a spare 70A ESC. Measures 40 inches in wingspan and 60 inches in length!

Areas of concern: The landing gear locks perfectly in the down position, however I've had trouble getting them to go all the way up. I believe the stock servos don't have enough power to pull all the way up. Also, the ESC gets really hot, so I have removed the plastic covering on the underside for cooling purposes. I included the stock 70A unit, but I would test it thoroughly if you decide to use it because I think 6 cells will spark it. That said, it flies beautifully and I have retired it because it looks so great on static display and the speed it generates in flight is pretty scary!

All planes are "Radio/Batt Ready" meaning you will need suitable radio equipment and a battery (3-cell for P38, 4-cell for F16, and 5 or 6 cell for the F-18) to fly. I can provide anything that you need in this area if you would like. Prices negotiable based on what you are buying!

Price List:
P-38 Lightning: SOLD
F-16 VT Jet: $150
F/A-18C: $200

Group purchase discount: $50 off when you buy the remaining two jets!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Last edited by Roswalt; Oct 12, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:53 PM
Goodyear, AZ.
Joined Dec 2005
267 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
wow.... nice fleet to have... wish I was close enough..
lw777pilot is offline Find More Posts by lw777pilot
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:46 AM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Bummer too bad you wont ship to OKC.
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:47 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
I know, sorry! Shipping is prohibitive on the epoxied planes.

P-38 is SOLD

Remaining jets still for sale.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Closed Thread