HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:22 AM
Joined Aug 2010
74 Posts
Yeah. I see that they have the regular Turnigy in US Warehouse only.
anhtuanb is offline Find More Posts by anhtuanb
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:23 AM
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Feb 2007
652 Posts
I am glad to see them warehousing in the usa.I did buy from them and frankly the rhino 3700 packs and my turnigy packs are really great.but I hate buying them in china due to shipping costs.but as they develop here in the us I plan to stock up on my turnigy batteries.I agree that like them or hate them the competion has started lowering their prices and thats a good thing.electric is still growing.so much that next year my old club is planning a big electric meet called "watts_up"..lower prices means more pilots will try electrics and kill the myth that electrics cost more than glow.

thunder power and a few other big names likely overcharge for batteries and we all know that lipos are coming from a very few foreign companies so the lowering of prices is good for the hobby.

I still am leary of fakes ..and I am leary of cheap speed controllers but the big names here are charging a fortune presently.I guess the fact is that much of the electric stock is foreign so be it .
propnut07 is offline Find More Posts by propnut07
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:32 AM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post

I think anhtuanb was talking about the nano tech lipos in the USA warehouse. that is what i am waiting for!!
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:50 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,637 Posts
If you go to the HK site Log in then under the Members Area there a place to select your country (Warehouse) that way you can check inventory available in your country.

You have always been able to Type USA in the Search box on the left to find stock available in the USA. They have had a warehouse here for a while it is just now they have increased inventory. When I checked they did in fact have many Nano Tech Lipolys available in the US Warehouse.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:05 PM
Joined Aug 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
You have always been able to Type USA in the Search box on the left to find stock available in the USA. They have had a warehouse here for a while it is just now they have increased inventory. When I checked they did in fact have many Nano Tech Lipolys available in the US Warehouse.

Charles
Only regular Turnigy batteries shows up when I do that.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:10 PM
Airborn Maniac
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jan 2009
71 Posts
The Gen Ace battery from Nitro, hobbypartz, xheli are really nice. How are your packs doing Charles? I just check, the nano tech is not available in USA warehouse.
die4good is offline Find More Posts by die4good
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:23 PM
Flip rrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrr
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,540 Posts
Well, what a hoot, now the HK account page has been updated to shipped but no it has shipped email. As long as I order Tuesday and get it in Ohio by Saturday, I'll survive the greed grunts and relax. Five days is a long time domestic. But the deal is FANtastic.
Chophop is online now Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:53 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,092 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1315915&page=2

Thread about the GensAce packs.

First reports of fellow RC pilots are very positive.
But....also here "stock" problems
TreeDiver is online now Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:32 PM
McXtreme
ChicagoLand, Romeoville
Joined Feb 2008
19 Posts
Advice Please! I just received two 3 cell 5000mA HK Turnigy blue 25C packs from the USA warehouse. one pack showed only 8.84 volts and i used the recovery mode on my charger to bring it back up. But, both packs show cell imbalances of 0.3 - 0.4 volts.
Should i attemp to return these to HK? These are the first large packs i've purchased. Thanks!
McXtreme is offline Find More Posts by McXtreme
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
Joined Aug 2010
74 Posts
You can try the US warehouse to see if you can get replacement from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McXtreme View Post
Advice Please! I just received two 3 cell 5000mA HK Turnigy blue 25C packs from the USA warehouse. one pack showed only 8.84 volts and i used the recovery mode on my charger to bring it back up. But, both packs show cell imbalances of 0.3 - 0.4 volts.
Should i attemp to return these to HK? These are the first large packs i've purchased. Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:32 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McXtreme View Post
Purchasers should read the lipo info sheets. With any vendor, do not charge/discharge/change connectors if something is wrong with the pack, contact the vendor first IMO.

See 1. "You can only make a claim for 'Under voltage' the same day the parcel arrives and prior to the lipoly pack being charged or cycled.cell." from HK lipo warranty page.
Quote:
HobbyKing® Lithium Polymer Battery Warranty Policy.

Due to the complexity and delicate nature of Lithium Polymer Batteries, please note the following points prior to making a claim.

Please keep the following in mind before making a claim;
We check all battery pack voltages prior to shipping. It is a simple process and takes us 3 seconds per pack. Doing so assures us that the battery is fit for use, is within the voltage range and has no shorting.
This process does not remove slightly unbalanced packs.

1) 'Under Voltage' means that 1 or more of the cells in you pack has a voltage lower than 3v per
You can only make a claim for 'Under voltage' the same day the parcel arrives and prior to the lipoly pack being charged or cycled.cell. After the battery has been cycled or used, no claim for 'under voltage' can be made.

2) We do not replace burnt batteries. All batteries are checked prior to shipping, if a short on the balance connector was to happen, it would happen prior to shipping. Burnt batteries are also impossible to examine, therefore they are not warranted.

3) We do not warrant crash damage, of any kind. If your pack shows signs of an impact or trauma, we will not replace it.

4) Never disassemble your pack. Regardless of your skill level, expertise or qualifications. We will never replace a disassembled or 'inspected' pack.

5) Rapid Capacity Loss. Should your pack fall well short of it's stated capacity, please indicate to us how you achieved capacity claim. We will test packs for charge and discharge values. Should the battery have severe capacity loss, we will test each cell for maximum and minimum voltage charge as well as I/O. This can indicate to us if the pack has been over-discharged. Packs which are over-discharged will not be replaced.

6) Because of the complexity and nature of these batteries, all packs must be returned to our Hong Kong office. Packs sent to any of our warranty agents, will be rejected.

7) Packs which have a cell voltage difference of less than .245v per cell cannot be replaced. Please balance your packs if your packs appears to be unbalanced.

8) Should you be too concerned about sending the parcel back to us due to safety reasons. We will not warrant the pack. Purchasing any battery from HobbyKing.com, constitutes an agreement to this warranty policy.
Each battery brand has it's own warranty time limit. Our standard Lipoly warranty limit is 30 days, unless otherwise stated in the product listing.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:39 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,637 Posts
Quote:
I just received two 3 cell 5000mA HK Turnigy blue 25C packs from the USA warehouse. one pack showed only 8.84 volts and i used the recovery mode on my charger to bring it back up. But, both packs show cell imbalances of 0.3 - 0.4 volts.
As received cells should have been at 3.7 to 3.9 volts per cell. If two of the cells were at 3.7 that means the other cell was less than 1.5 volts which means that it is a gooner.

First thing to do with any new LiPolys is to check each cell's voltage and if any are below 3.5 start return authorization process at once.

If ones elects to try and recover a know bad cell(s) it is best to make a single cell adapter and charg the low cell)s) one at a time until they match the others and then balance charge as a battery.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:25 PM
USA, OR, Bend
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Ordered 2 Turnigy 2200mAh packs on the 13th and shipping to OR was only $4.85 for USPS Priority Mail. No complaints there. I am wondering, however, why the order is still showing as "Processing" two days later. It's marked as paid and their stock shows 10+ but it hasn't shipped yet. Anyone else experienced something similar? Not that I'm complaining (yet), but I wonder why it's taking so long to get the order out the door.
Woobins is offline Find More Posts by Woobins
Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobins View Post
Ordered 2 Turnigy 2200mAh packs on the 13th and shipping to OR was only $4.85 for USPS Priority Mail. No complaints there. I am wondering, however, why the order is still showing as "Processing" two days later. It's marked as paid and their stock shows 10+ but it hasn't shipped yet. Anyone else experienced something similar? Not that I'm complaining (yet), but I wonder why it's taking so long to get the order out the door.
I ordered 2 of the Turnigy 3S 2200mAh packs on the 13th too. And I have the same "processing" message. Hope they ship them soon.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:05 PM
Flip rrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrr
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,540 Posts
It's slow for some reason, I ordered Tuesdaqy and still don't have 'em. I am excited to try the light batteries on a new plane , -45g is a lot to a 550g all up plane. The weather isn't good to fly anyway. Maybe they will be here tomorrow.

And as usual the LHS was out of Super Cub landing gear, tailwheels, and fuselages. Oh, no tail parts either. It's been like that for 2 years. It's always, I can order them. So I drive to the LHS, see no stock, order them, drive home, wait, drive back over and get them or simply order them in the first place.

We have no kick in this world. We are lambs waiting for the slaughter. Baaaaa here sir, take my fur.
Chophop is online now Find More Posts by Chophop
Last edited by Chophop; Oct 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM.