HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2010, 11:22 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
You sir, are a repair hero! Hard to believe that's my old wrecked jet in your video... Truly incredible work you should be very proud of.

Next time I suffer a Class-A Mishap on an RC aircraft you will be the first one I get in contact with!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:58 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
334 Posts
We must be cut from the same cloth. I like the challenge of puzzling back repairable things. And the best of it all is building Plane which is 80% of the fun and the other 20% is Flying.
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Aug 31, 2011, 02:11 PM
Bethesda, MD
Joined Jul 2006
390 Posts
I know this is old, but that is a fantastic job, considering what that plane looked like when you started.

Just so I get it straight - you use tape to keep the glue line expansion minimal and relatively flat, then use a dremel w/ sanding drum to knock down the glue that does seep up, followed by lightweight spackle for surface finishing?

I love GG, but have found its lack of sandability annoying. Never thought to bust out my Dremel... not sure why, it's brilliant. Thanks!
WRXpilot is offline Find More Posts by WRXpilot
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:05 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,865 Posts
I assume you're talking about post #23. In that case, I had to fill in a lot of gaps. Sometimes they expand a bit and create a bump, but that's not too often.

This glue is very strong. I find if I am getting very much glue expanding out of the joint, then I probably used too much, or got it too close to the edge.

It is good to have it expand to the tape, that way it is sure to fill all of the gaps, but if it starts to lift the tape, or go too much outside of there, then that's too much.
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:24 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2009
495 Posts
wish i could have patient and steady hands like urs.

did u boil, or have the broken pieces in hot water to bring it to shape?

the gorilla glue + water method is liked toothpick the glue on, wait few minutes and put the two pieces together and tape over the join for holding overnight?

how about hot glue? as this is the most perfer glue i use all the time. ( no question gorilla glue is widely discussed type of glue )

thanks for the thread
bigtruck169 is online now Find More Posts by bigtruck169
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: keyless remote