HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 09, 2010, 08:28 PM
San Marcos, TX
Joined Jan 2010
667 Posts
Alert
SOLD- Quadcopter-ARF-Rusty's Rev-7 frame, QP FC board, + extras - US $300 shipped

I posted this over in the classifieds but figured I'd do better here. PM me if interested.

For sale – $300 shipped in the continental US! – Quadcopter built on Rusty’s Rev-7 frame (http://aglhobbiesllc.com/shop/viewit...=1&productid=2) modified with square aluminum arms and Quadpowered base board (http://www.quadpowered.com/) flight controller plus many extra’s!

Includes:

- Rusty’s Rev-7 frame (http://aglhobbiesllc.com/shop/viewit...=1&productid=2) I have modified the frame for use with ˝” square aluminum arms but will include all original hardware for quad build with round arms. I have also added the Align heli landing gear and my keycam aluminum mount.
-Quadpowered base board with propeller plug for firmware updates and connecting to computer for trouble mode setup. This board is in perfect shape, you can see pics and flight videos.
-Keychain camera with 2gb card. I have crashed with this camera and there is a little blurred dark spot in the lower left of movie and picture frame but other than that it works perfect. See videos.
-(4) – Turnigy Plush 10A ESC’s
-(4) – (new) Tower Pro 2410-09 840KV Outrunner Brushless Motors (red/gold) (currently on quad).
-(3) – (used) Tower Pro 2410-09 840KV Outrunner Brushless Motors (red/gold). Two are bad and one just has a bent shaft but you could probably take the shaft from one of the other two and replace it.
-(4) - (used) Tower Pro 2410-09 840KV Outrunner Brushless Motors (alu). These are the orginal motors and they all work but some have bent shafts that I have straightened with pliers and still flew on them.
-(6) – (new) aluminum tail booms for use as round arms with the included mounting hardware.
-(3) - (used) carbon fiber arms. I broke one in a crash and never replaced it. Order one from Rusty’s suggested supplier (http://www.goodwinds.com/merch/list....ultrudedcarbon) and your ready to use carbon fiber arms!
-EPP10x4.5 props (used) – (4) – CCW, (6) – CW. Some of these are in perfect condition while others need to be cleaned up but can still be used.
-EPP8x4.5 props (new) – 2 sets. Could be used for a micro-quad.
-Lipo alarm (super loud) and lipo alarm/LED light set. I have wired these together so that the LED’s are on while flying and start flashing faster as the battery loses voltage. There is a strip of green LED’s on the back of left arm and a strip of red on back of right arm, single white LED in front arm, and single orange LED in rear arm. The lights go solid and the little lipo alarm goes off when it is nearing time to land and then the super loud alarm goes off when you must get it out of the sky! You can tweak the lighting if you want the lights to be on full-time. See RCGroups thread below for more info.
-Misc. hardware like mounting screws and prop nuts for motors.

Here is my thread on RCGroups about my usage of this frame and board: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230149

There is onboard video and more pics there.

I flew the quad today in 5mph winds with gusts to 16mph and I have included video. During lulls it would hover no hands just fine but does get pushed around in those higher gusts. I got 11 min. flight time on 3s 4500 mah and almost 14 min. on 3s 4440 mah. The Zippy 4400 mah battery is much lighter than the Turnigy 4500 mah, it seems to be the best battery on all my machines so far.

I am selling because I have a hexa, another one nearly built and plan to get an octo together soon so I don’t really fly this one anymore and I need put the funds from this back into the octo build. I originally purchased the basic setup from someone else as the quad I learned to fly on and it was perfect! I had never done anything RC related before and now I fly pretty well and can build others pretty well. I have used this setup for most of my testing for my hexa builds. I have used it to test the following: RCTimer and Turnigy Plush 30A ESC’s, KDA20-22L and RCTimer 2836-11 motors, and APC10x4.5/12x3.8 props. All of these are good products but I really liked the RCTimer products mentioned with APC12x3.8 props the best – really stable. The Tower Pro motors are cheap and great for learning to fly but if you want a really stable machine for aerial video/photo you should go to RCTimer motors of some sort. You can see the difference in video quality between the vid I did today (granted it was pretty windy) and the one’s in my thread on RCGroups – night and day! I would also probably go back to the round arms at some point since they seem to produce much less vibrations than the aluminum arms. If you stay with the aluminum arms you will probably want to replace the rubber grommets between the center plates and arms soon since they are probably pretty well compressed and don’t provide much vibration reduction now. I will include a new set of grommets if you want them. I will ship this assembled with props removed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Battery and receiver shown in pics not included. I put those on there so you could see how I mount them.

What you will need to get flying:

1. Transmitter/Receiver
2. 4 (or 5 if you want to adjust gain via transmitter) servo cables (female-female) to go from QP board to receiver. You can get them here: https://www.robotsimple.com/
3. 3s lipo battery w/deans ultra connector (I suggest 3s 4400)

Videos:

Flight video from today before posting.
Quad 4 sale flight video 10/9/2010 (5 min 34 sec)

Onboard video with keychain cam from earlier this year.
20100530_Recent Quad flights (6 min 18 sec)

Onboard video with keychain cam from today before posting.
Onboard video QP quad for sale 10/09/2010 (8 min 31 sec)
Mactadpole is online now Find More Posts by Mactadpole
Last edited by Mactadpole; Mar 25, 2011 at 01:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:21 PM
San Marcos, TX
Joined Jan 2010
667 Posts
Reduced to $300

I'll take $300. which includes shipping in the continental US
Mactadpole is online now Find More Posts by Mactadpole
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:24 PM
Joined Jun 2008
7 Posts
for sale